Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Major difference between Warsaw and Napoli is that the polish police were everywhere around all the bars and monitoring everyone’s movements communist style. 

The Italian old bill will look after you in the airport and get you to the stadium and back but other than that it will be everyone to there own devices and if it kicks off they won’t want to know.

But how were we or anyone to know that was gonna happen? Especially knowing West Ham and Celtic fans were attacked over there previously.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Don't really want to start a thread about it in the main forum as I'll get abuse from the dullards but is anyone else starting to get niggling concerns about the way the club is operating this season? So many of the decisions being made seem to be done with the fans as an afterthought or even actively against the fans interests.

They just do not really want any of our fans at European away fixtures. That’s becoming quite clear.

The late notice for Warsaw was bad but you could half understand it seeing as it was the first away game but I’m sat here flying out to Russia one week today with no idea about the ticketing situation and having only heard a half-arsed update late last week after pressure from people on an update.

I will be absolutely fuming if they come back with no tickets for Moscow now. Not because of the lack of tickets but mainly because they did nothing to warn anyone shelling out on flights and visas that it could be the case. In actual fact someone posted on here communication from Jim about “taking an away allocation for all fixtures”.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

They just do not really want any of our fans at European away fixtures. That’s becoming quite clear.

The late notice for Warsaw was bad but you could half understand it seeing as it was the first away game but I’m sat here flying out to Russia one week today with no idea about the ticketing situation and having only heard a half-arsed update late last week after pressure from people on an update.

I will be absolutely fuming if they come back with no tickets for Moscow now. Not because of the lack of tickets but mainly because they did nothing to warn anyone shelling out on flights and visas that it could be the case. In actual fact someone posted on here communication from Jim about “taking an away allocation for all fixtures”.

The communication is 100% a big issue, and has been for a while. Also, as you state, they are not being very welcoming about having travelling fans at European away matches.

However, the club cannot be blamed for tickets to Moscow as the authorities in Russia (and Spartak) are in charge of attendance/capcity/away contingent. It was always a risk booking flights/hotels without cancellation possibilities as we are still adhering to varying Covid laws and impacts. The same thing could happen with Napoli if the Italian authorities ban away fans (or play behind closed doors again). It's a risk booking anything in this day and age if you don't have cancellation policies or insurance.

Fully understand your frustration if it does end this way, and I am sure I would be the same. Just don't think the club can be blamed if it does happen (other than lack of comms).

23 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I have emailed again and they are basically hiding behind the fact that all other clubs have done it in other locations. 

They are not taking into account the events in Leicester which will make this worse than in previous games. 

One line in particular stands out in reply to my response: 'We have heard the stories from other Clubs and we are planning to put security measures in place to keep our supporters as safe as we possibly can'

It's a shame they won't put the one measure in place that guarantees it. 

Morning All,

Thanks Lako42 for this information. I can confirm with both Man City trips to Naples all the fans had their own tickets.

We will call the police in Naples and I’ll put what ever useful information they give me up here!

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2021 at 18:05, Costock_Fox said:

Should save us, their ultras won’t want to stab anyone on a national holiday.

Lots of Serie D games in the area though on the Wednesday. Why get stabbed by Napoli ultras when you can by some grandpa’s following a Serie D team?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jordanlcfc said:

Looking to book a hotel, what's the best area? Not much info about when Arsenal and Man city visited 

We have booked hotel close to railway station as will need to get early train on Friday morning back to airport, also not to far from Vatican area where we will be picked up and groped off from coaches

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Killiefox said:

We have booked hotel close to railway station as will need to get early train on Friday morning back to airport, also not to far from Vatican area where we will be picked up and groped off from coaches

Be very careful in that area, both Rome and Naples. Having visited Rome Termini it’s bloody awful.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

59 minutes ago, jordanlcfc said:

Looking to book a hotel, what's the best area? Not much info about when Arsenal and Man city visited 

Safety wise in and around the Port / harbour is your best bet in Naples. Avoid near the train station and the larger square next to it 

• Like 2

Evening all and great result yesterday 🍺

It seems a rare gem has been found and if the team stays fit it’ll be a great year for you guys!

Anyone 100% wanting to come over can book through the link below and if your in a pair/groups of 2/3/4 you can just book 1 as a deposit for your group with paying the rest when you arrive here.

Anyone who cancels 14 days in advance can have 95% and should someone need to cancel for a legitimate reason.

There will be a 100% refund if COVID forces us in to another lockdown and/or stadium closure!

Pm for any questions and please let me know in pm when you book if anyone of you have food allergies, vegans,vegetarians or not eating certain dishes for Religious reasons.

Cheers,

Sean

• Like 1

Just thinking, tickets for Aston Villa away on 5th December go on sale on Monday and this game is on 9th December.

Allowing a couple of extra weeks for co-ordination with it being a European away fixture (despite the fact the clubs will have had to already have been in communication for the home tie ticketing arrangements), we should reasonably expect tickets to go on sale in w/c 8th November which would give any Foxes fans waiting on ticket news before booking travel a whole month to make plans.

Will we see that happen or will the club leave it very late again to dissuade fans from travelling? Could be a good acid test…

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Just thinking, tickets for Aston Villa away on 5th December go on sale on Monday and this game is on 9th December.

Allowing a couple of extra weeks for co-ordination with it being a European away fixture (despite the fact the clubs will have had to already have been in communication for the home tie ticketing arrangements), we should reasonably expect tickets to go on sale in w/c 8th November which would give any Foxes fans waiting on ticket news before booking travel a whole month to make plans.

Will we see that happen or will the club leave it very late again to dissuade fans from travelling? Could be a good acid test…

I hope you are right. Although I would imagine large numbers already have flights and digs already booked. If 800 went Warsaw with the short notice I would imagine double that will make this trip, even baring in mind the proximity to Christmas and the potential danger of the place that’s already been well documented.

On 17/10/2021 at 17:02, Killiefox said:

hi have been to Napes many times.  For your info there is a bus that goes from the main railway station to the airport it was around 2 euros last time I used it.