Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Ticket collection at KP with passport  flight confirmation and names matching surely achieves the same goal without the potential for your own fans being attacked?

Really daft, hopefully the local police recommend against it as the email sounds like they haven’t consulted them properly yet?

"We will be guided by the hosts, their Police, our Police and any other guidance we receive. The discussions are ongoing with the Club already"

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Will the club pay the hospital bills of any fans that need treatment as a result of this decision? I doubt it.

It is negligent imo, especially when faced with the evidence of previous fixtures and knowing what happened between the fans in Leicester, 

• Like 2

Just now, Lako42 said:

It is negligent imo, especially when faced with the evidence of previous fixtures and knowing what happened between the fans in Leicester, 

What do they gain by making our fans pick up the ticket? Some of our fans don't use a friends reference and cant't go? It's almost unbelievable.

Just now, Stadt said:

What do they gain by making our fans pick up the ticket? Some of our fans don't use a friends reference and cant't go? It's almost unbelievable.

It’s loosely based on a UEFA protocol but they interpret it to the absolute extreme.

There are other ways to prevent reselling than this that don’t put your own fans in danger. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

It’s loosely based on a UEFA protocol but they interpret it to the absolute extreme.

There are other ways to prevent reselling than this that don’t put your own fans in danger. 

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd et al occasionally have to pick up away tickets in Europe but it's really rare for them to do so.  I don't know of any club ever doing it at Napoli. Their fans will be laughing when they find out

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

Disgraceful from the club, putting fans at risk just so people can't use other people's reference number. No doubt to force the clubs family image they are so desperate to have which will backfire badly over there when it goes off.

Edited by ren

Is it really any surprise? They gave everyone a Leicester scarf in Warsaw at the ticket collection point so they were clearly oblivious to the dangers. The most incredibly incompetent operation imaginable. 

They probably feel any attacks on Leicester fans wouldn't happen at a collection point with authorities nearby, during the day at a central hotel but maybe they are underestimating the Napoli 'fans' lol 

I would bet attacks more likely to be night before, I certainly wouldn't be getting hammered in the Irish bar on Wednesday night lol 

Either way, the whole collection thing is a ball ache, risk of attack or not. 

9 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Is it really any surprise? They gave everyone a Leicester scarf in Warsaw at the ticket collection point so they were clearly oblivious to the dangers. The most incredibly incompetent operation imaginable. 

Screams lack of football people in these sorts of positions of power.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shanetko said:

I think the club played a blinder with this one. I collected one at the ground knowing full well we'd be kept in in the cold well after the game. 

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No mention of it being at a hotel. The collection point might be at the away end. Tbh I don’t know why they don’t do this for every game if they have to insist on ticket collection at the host city 

I’d say the only issue is having to take your passport with you to the game, which I think most people would rather not do. 

Though we had to do it in Warsaw which made the collection even more of a farce. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

Major difference between Warsaw and Napoli is that the polish police were everywhere around all the bars and monitoring everyone’s movements communist style. 

The Italian old bill will look after you in the airport and get you to the stadium and back but other than that it will be everyone to there own devices and if it kicks off they won’t want to know.

57 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Don't really want to start a thread about it in the main forum as I'll get abuse from the dullards but is anyone else starting to get niggling concerns about the way the club is operating this season? So many of the decisions being made seem to be done with the fans as an afterthought or even actively against the fans interests.

It's not just this season. It's been this way for a little while, but it's only getting noticed more now things have gone a bit south on the pitch recently. Feel a few have their head in the clouds about the stadium expansion and exactly what kind of "customer" they think they're going to attract once that's happened.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Don't really want to start a thread about it in the main forum as I'll get abuse from the dullards but is anyone else starting to get niggling concerns about the way the club is operating this season? So many of the decisions being made seem to be done with the fans as an afterthought or even actively against the fans interests.

I made the point the other week as well. They’ve scaled down on some other areas too, using Covid as the reasoning and claim professionalism. Local journalists for example get quite poor access to players and staff compared to before 

It’s creating a further distance between fan and ‘club’. Been told there has been some recent appointments made within the club which might be a factor. I felt sorry for the ticket office staff travelling out to Warsaw look like they’d been hung out to dry a bit. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Sad 1