Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

F1 Manager 2022

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.new-f1-manager-2022-game-set-for-summer-release.2ZXn7fuS4g7qWDc5e91WEa.html

New F1 Manager 2022 game set for summer release

We’ve all dreamt of taking charge of our very own F1 team and pushing them to the front of the field. And that dream becomes a reality this summer, with the release of F1 Manager 2022.

Created by Frontier Developments, whose works include the popular Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo titles, F1 Manager 2022 will begin a journey of team management and ownership for aspiring team principals all over the globe.

Stepping into the role of team leader, you’ll have a 360-degree view of your squad, including car upgrades, factory facilities, driver contracts, budgets and more, as you build up to the season and the start of each race. Then, once the visors go down on Sunday, it’s up to you to make the key choices to keep your drivers on track, and your team ahead of the competition.

Someone who knows all about running a successful team is Formula 1’s own Managing Director – Motorsports Ross Brawn, who commented on the upcoming game’s release: “It’s great to see F1 Manager 2022 take shape and for people to see this exciting title come to life.

“I know from personal experience that leading a team can be challenging, but it’s certainly rewarding. The F1 Manager franchise is a great opportunity for fans to put themselves in the shoes of a team principal and experience some of that for themselves.

“I am confident that with their own successful track record in management gaming, Frontier will deliver an enjoyable and engaging experience for fans.”

F1 Manager 2022 will launch in the summer of 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Steam, and Epic Store. You can wishlist the game on Steam now.

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.new-f1-manager-2022-game-set-for-summer-release.2ZXn7fuS4g7qWDc5e91WEa.html

We’ve all dreamt of taking charge of our very own F1 team and pushing them to the front of the field. And that dream becomes a reality this summer, with the release of F1 Manager 2022.

Created by Frontier Developments, whose works include the popular Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo titles, F1 Manager 2022 will begin a journey of team management and ownership for aspiring team principals all over the globe.

Stepping into the role of team leader, you’ll have a 360-degree view of your squad, including car upgrades, factory facilities, driver contracts, budgets and more, as you build up to the season and the start of each race. Then, once the visors go down on Sunday, it’s up to you to make the key choices to keep your drivers on track, and your team ahead of the competition.

Someone who knows all about running a successful team is Formula 1’s own Managing Director – Motorsports Ross Brawn, who commented on the upcoming game’s release: “It’s great to see F1 Manager 2022 take shape and for people to see this exciting title come to life.

“I know from personal experience that leading a team can be challenging, but it’s certainly rewarding. The F1 Manager franchise is a great opportunity for fans to put themselves in the shoes of a team principal and experience some of that for themselves.

“I am confident that with their own successful track record in management gaming, Frontier will deliver an enjoyable and engaging experience for fans.”

F1 Manager 2022 will launch in the summer of 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Steam, and Epic Store. You can wishlist the game on Steam now.

Does the day one patch come with a direct line to Masi?  :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Motorsport Manager from a few years back was OK but lost its appeal quite quickly. 

All I ever want is something as good as F1 Manager 96 which still holds up to this day IMO. Fully licensed teams, drivers, engines, component suppliers, ridiculously in-depth design, manufacture and complex race weekends as well as hundreds of real sponsors to add to your car livery (absolutely loved this part of the game). 

image.png.28bced6f755bce7b7c96ac04be2c37e3.png 

Sank many an hour into it as a youngster without really knowing what I was doing, such was the depth of the simulation. Great times.  

It's also Abandonware so fully playable on DosBox. 

Edited by RoboFox

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Bit more information released 

Looking forward to this. Motorsport Manager is a great game on mobile and hope this is a expanded version of that. 

Didn't realise it was Frontier. They're one of the best for management sims so high hopes for this. 

However the fact it's so heavily licensed means it'll be unlikely that you can change liveries and / or sponsors (this might extend to fuel, tyre and engine suppliers too). IMO this means there's not much variation from season to season bar driver lineups and it just gets stale quickly. Hope I'm wrong. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Anyone got this ? Is it worth getting ?

Not on sale for another month, available for download August 25th for pre orders, 30th August for everyone else

Edited by jammie82uk

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Not on sale for another month, available for download August 25th for pre orders, 30th August for everyone else

Cheers, presumed it was out when I saw that video that’s been posted of those lads playing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched a few of the streams of it and massively impressed. Thought it was going to be a reskinned Motorsport Manager (which is no bad thing) but looks like it has so much more depth and potentially, still maintains a challenge even if you feel like you've become the best thanks to the regulation changes, budget cap etc. 

I'm nothing more than a casual F1 fan but super excited for this.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I remember playing an F1 manager game years ago where you could try and spy on the other teams and stuff. 

Was really hard 

Anyone get any ideas what it was? 

Pretty sure it was called Grand Prix manager, can't remember if it was 1 or 2 where you could spy etc

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the evening on this. Hard to form a view just yet as I choose Williams and the car is absolutely dog sh*t. Figured as you can't change teams, it'd more interesting to develop than plummet. 

I need to give it more time, as the time to design and manufacture parts means I'm four races in with no upgrades. Unsurprisingly, this means the worst two cars on the grid are at the back of the grid as there's nothing you can do on strategy with such a big gap. 

Its interesting so far, but very much Motorsport Manager with a license. Can see once I win a title (if that ever happens) I'll drop it. Mind you, with a car that isn't 4 seconds a lap off the pace, the racing might be a bit more lively. 

Will report back! 

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ve bought this and when I try to play, it says intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 not supported. 

Does this mean my laptop isn’t capable of running it ?

I’ve tried to do an update but doesn’t make any difference 

If you try this website it will give you an idea if it’s possible to run the game 

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/f1-manager-2022/21746 

click on the blue “can you run it” box and it will scan your computer and give you a result 

• Thanks 1

On 26/08/2022 at 08:50, Trumpet said:

I’ve read mixed reviews. I’ll probably wait to see if this makes it to game pass.

For their first attempt, it's pretty impressive. Plenty of fun to be had just needs some systems fleshing out really but an excellent game