Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

Yes they did, I saw it myself there was 12 Russian injured and stabbed when I went there in 2014.
Anyways, all I said was that I've personally booked next to roma termini,  as I expect that's where's the buses might drop us off  after the match finishes, so can walk back to hotel etc 

Edited by Foxes99
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

There will be definitely 3,400 tickets going out to Leicester fans and I’m sure many in the home sections too. Anyone fancying more exclusive vip seats get in touch and I’ll help out. The vip seats and lounge you cannot wear your team colors 

Is it relatively easy to get tickets in the home end ? (not the Ultras end), and if so do you book it through Roma themselves ? A bloke I know, who is not a member/STH is flying in from New York for this game and needs one.

Also, we've booked an Airbnb in the following area, (Rampa delle Mura Aurelie, 9, Rome, Lazio 00165). It has good reviews, so it's it a decent area ?

Cheers in advance

Colum

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Mate,with all due respect please only give out facts here so people don’t end up in bad postions while abroad.

I’ve been to 20+ sold out Roma games excluding Barcelona/Liverpool champions league and derby games. I also don’t want to be offensive but Russian fans never have problems here whereas it’s the opposite with English fans. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected about the Roma sold out games. 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Lastminute.com cancelled my booking yesterday. Presumably because I got them relatively cheap and they can make more money off reselling them now, the knobs 

That happened for me for the PSV game. Booked for 50 quid, paid and everything. 

Few minutes later, refunded as flight now unavailable but still on the site Just for double now.

Il never use a 3rd party site again on the likes of sky scanner.  Just pay a bit more to book via the airline. 

40 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Few minutes later, refunded as flight now unavailable but still on the site Just for double now.

Il never use a 3rd party site again on the likes of sky scanner.  Just pay a bit more to book via the airline. 

That’s where I got my originals from- Skyscanner

booked onto a slightly later flight out now, but earlier coming back, just not via lastminute 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

The Euros is whole different ball game than an English club coming for a European semi’s against Roma and I would highly recommend nobody walk to the stadium.The problem here is also young Lazio guys try to make problems to get the Roma club in trouble. Termini station is a great place for prices but those staying there definitely need to be cautious. It looks a lot worse than than it really is but you  do not want to be stumbling around there drunk at 1/2am 😂

Hi mate

Do you live in Rome? If so can you recommend wheres best area to look around to stay? 

Also I'm flying in from FCO, is there a direct train to centre instead of a taxi?

Many thanks 😊 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Yeah probably if there isn't a flight direct that suits me. Nice countyside in May to see from the train.

I am flying into Naples Thursday morning then getting the train to Rome. Flight from Luton cost £89 

Edited by Bucks fox

Guest David Oldfields Gate

If we take 5000 I think I might start queueing for the ticket collection point sometime this week.

(With a hard hat on).

Looking forward to LCFC efficiency meeting Italian efficiency, what could possibly go wrong!?

Can't wait to see Piazza Del Mario Kart heaving with Leicester beer bellies and confused American tourists wondering what country they are in.

I'm nearly home now, Christ I'm knackered.

Up the city.

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

They won't give us 5000 if they only get 3000 for the home leg?

It's all to do with UEFA rules.

The away team are entitled to 5% of ground capacity, so Roma can have a maximum 1,625 at the KP. Roma's ground is 72,600 so 5% of that is 3,630, and that's what we're entitled to receive.

I presume Liverpool were given 5,000 as the game was not a sell out, and Liverpool asked for that number ?

Not looking forward to the flight at 6.30am on the Friday. 

Didn't really take the lateness of the game into consideration but there weren't many alternatives tbh. 

I booked it in a dodgy underpass somewhere in eindhoven after many beers, surprisingly I got the details right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Happenef to me with sky scanner and that decided that I would never use a third-party app again.

10 minutes after the final whistle at PSV in the ground, I had already booked our flights to Rome directly on Ryanair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxinthebox11 said:

Hi mate

Do you live in Rome? If so can you recommend wheres best area to look around to stay? 

Also I'm flying in from FCO, is there a direct train to centre instead of a taxi?

Many thanks 😊 

I live close to the Vatican area and I already looked weeks ago with prices through the roof. I’m looking around for some good priced places and will let you know. I always suggest the Vatican area and Trastevere area.

Direct train to termini is 14€

There is a 8€ option that can drop you at Ostiense or Trastevere train station.

Or the bus for 7€

Taxi is supposed to be 50€ but in high season they put it up.

I might get a small bus and have go back and forth on Wednesday and Thursday 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

I live close to the Vatican area and I already looked weeks ago with prices through the roof. I’m looking around for some good priced places and will let you know. I always suggest the Vatican area and Trastevere area.

Direct train to termini is 14€

There is a 8€ option that can drop you at Ostiense or Trastevere train station.

Or the bus for 7€

Taxi is supposed to be 50€ but in high season they put it up.

I might get a small bus and have go back and forth on Wednesday and Thursday 

We said at the Napoli game we'd see you again for Roma !!

Gambled and booked my flights £60 and hotel prior to PSV first leg, just need a match ticket. If so, I'll see you for some more 🍕 

Let us know if you set up a coach like for Napoli (hopefully better result and police)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coolcol said:

Is it relatively easy to get tickets in the home end ? (not the Ultras end), and if so do you book it through Roma themselves ? A bloke I know, who is not a member/STH is flying in from New York for this game and needs one.

Also, we've booked an Airbnb in the following area, (Rampa delle Mura Aurelie, 9, Rome, Lazio 00165). It has good reviews, so it's it a decent area ?

Cheers in advance

Colum

That’s a great location you are in,very safe with lots of small bars around and 5 minute walk to St.Peters.

As for you mate if he ain’t in this group he can email me at [email protected] or watsapp -0039351 8622721

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hilton Fox said:

We said at the Napoli game we'd see you again for Roma !!

Gambled and booked my flights £60 and hotel prior to PSV first leg, just need a match ticket. If so, I'll see you for some more 🍕 

Let us know if you set up a coach like for Napoli (hopefully better result and police)

Here it goes much smoother and the police know us from over the years. 

I’ll meet the police now at the bar for lunch but most likely everyone will be sent to Villa Borghese and from there the police will put everyone on the bus.

Naples was unbelievable but we were the only ones there for kickoff and it was nice to have a seat for the 2.5hrs 7km trip.

Here we will get to the stadium in 30 minutes.

I’ll also do a stadium tour the evening before and you are welcome to join 👍

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Outward flights sorted (4th May)  £7.99 from East Midlands airport to Pisa, £14 train from Pisa to Rome (takes 3 hours but not a bad price). Now just need to sort out a return.

Great idea,Just watch your pockets and bag on that train as there is a lot of snatch and grab on the stops between Livorno and Grosseto.

Trastevere or St.Peters are good stops to get off instead of the main station 

• Like 2