Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

2 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

Anyway of making it there and back in the day? I’m a teacher and have the day off as the school is a polling station. Not seen anything yet whilst searching

Game finishes around 11 pm without ET

dont know if there are late departure trains that head north and then if you could reach somewhere that does a v early flight to brum, e mids, Luton, stansted  ??

in the old days there were sometimes day trips run by travel companies which came back in the middle of the night ….

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

Anyway of making it there and back in the day? I’m a teacher and have the day off as the school is a polling station. Not seen anything yet whilst searching

I’d be surprised if sport options don’t do a day trip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

I went to Rennes for a day trip using Sports Options. They didn’t organise anything for PSV as it was too difficult over Easter, but said there’d probably be something for Rome or Bodo/Glimt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rutlandfox33 said:

I’ve booked Gatwick to Naples. Does anyone know how the train tickets work, if I clear the airport quickly could I jump on an earlier train to Rome?

Commuter train takes 3.5 hrs and high speed train 1.20 minutes.

Worth the extra money for high speed train. Also cuts out the snatch/grab and jumping off the train with your luggage.

https://www.italotreno.it/en/booking-train-ticket

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SeanInRome said:

Commuter train takes 3.5 hrs and high speed train 1.20 minutes.

Worth the extra money for high speed train. Also cuts out the guys snatching and jumping off the train with your luggage.

Yes I was looking at the high speed options early. If I book for a train at say 11am but get to the station early, can I take an earlier train for a small fee?

1 minute ago, Rutlandfox33 said:

Yes I was looking at the high speed options early. If I book for a train at say 11am but get to the station early, can I take an earlier train for a small fee?

Every seat and number of passengers is counted so you can’t jump on the train,however if you got to the train station earlier and they have spots free at the desk they’ll change the ticket to an earlier train for 2/3€.

I’s suggest get tickets now just Incase as they’ll double come the first week in May.

The Rome tennis tournament starts on the 9th and the city will be packed. 

20 minutes ago, Leicester Rule! said:

I hope so as I am only a member but I’m not as optimistic as you that it will get to members. Fingers crossed 🤞 

I can see us getting more than the 5% and as such, it will reach members. I think we'll probably be touching more 4k allocation.

• Like 1

What time does the metro shut @SeanInRome

If (when) we get kept in after the game and possibly taken back to the centre, will it be possible to get metro back out toward accommodation, bearing in mind it might be midnight or later? I have an AirB&B near Cipro. Or will we need to get Ubers at that time? Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, butterslcfc said:

What time does the metro shut @SeanInRome

If (when) we get kept in after the game and possibly taken back to the centre, will it be possible to get metro back out toward accommodation, bearing in mind it might be midnight or later? I have an AirB&B near Cipro. Or will we need to get Ubers at that time? Thanks in advance! 

11.30 is the last departures from the first!stop on each end so impossible for fans to make it after the games.

Cipro is walking distance from the Vatican but you got to be very cautious on game nights. 

A European group game here with Leicester there would be very little trouble but it’ll all come down to if there is trouble in Leicester for Roma fans and the result over to legs. Like all clubs the majority of fans just want to have a good time and unfortunately a small minority always ruining it for others.

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

11.30 is the last departures from the first!stop on each end so impossible for fans to make it after the games.

Cipro is walking distance from the Vatican but you got to be very cautious on game nights. 

A European group game here with Leicester there would be very little trouble but it’ll all come down to if there is trouble in Leicester for Roma fans and the result over to legs. Like all clubs the majority of fans just want to have a good time and unfortunately a small minority always ruining it for others.

I've been looking at places nearer to the Colosseum, so if we go get picked up/dropped off it's gonna be a half hour walk (according to Google) but I assume, like Cities at night, people will still be walking about etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Booked not far from the Vatican near the Supreme Court …… I recall the group of Roma fans who came over to celebrate PL trophy lifting in tribute to Claudio. Surely we can find common ground around the great man and not have any trouble ?? 

The welcome for English in Rome is historically not particularly friendly.

• Like 1