Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

Thinking of Napoli.. anyone else experienced this

i can only go Thursday morning, so early Luton flight into Napoli for 10, then train to Roma takes an hour or so. Thinking of time.. anyone else doing this way?  

Yeah probably if there isn't a flight direct that suits me. Nice countyside in May to see from the train.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
5 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

trastevere good place to stay, a bit out the way but, it’s where loads of bars are and the livelier part of the city 

Trastevere is great vibes for small low key groups.

The ground is quite a long walk from town but doable if relatively fit.  A lot will be taking taxis or buses I would imagine. I went to England v Ukraine there in the summer. I stayed near the train station and was ok but probably wouldn't do that again, and at a Roma match maybe its advisable to avoid that area as there were a few undesirables around as with all stations. At the england game the fan zone was at Piazza del popollo which was pretty good place to drink.  Whether they let Leicester fans congregate around there is another question. Great city though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

A UK flight to Pisa,Naples or Milan with a high speed train might be worth a look into and probably less than £100

What are the shuttle buses / metro like early on in a morning?

I was looking at return flights at 8am.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What are the shuttle buses / metro like early on in a morning?

I was looking at return flights at 8am.

They start about 5am and if you are at Ciampino you need to be there 45 Minutes before but if you are going to Fiumicino 2hrs before.

Taxi to Ciampino is 35€ so try share with someone else on the flight or 50€ to Fiumicino(max 3 people)

• Like 1

I’m flying into Ciampino, then getting a shuttle to our hotel on the Wednesday. Early flight back Friday so we are just gonna collect our bags then head to the airport straight after the game. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m flying into Ciampino, then getting a shuttle to our hotel on the Wednesday. Early flight back Friday so we are just gonna collect our bags then head to the airport straight after the game. 

I was thinking of doing the same, but Ciampino airport closed between 00.00 and 04.00. I'm on the 06.30 back to Stansted on Friday morning and seems pointless paying for accommodation on Thursday night, especially if it's an 8pm kick-of

Edited by nlukka
  • Like 2

Just now, nlukka said:

Think I might do the same. On the 06.30 back to Stansted on Friday morning and seems pointless paying for accommodation on Thursday night, especially if it's an 8pm kick-of

That’s exactly what we are doing. By the time game is done and with the hold back in the ground, we could potentially be stuck in the ground until 12/1am, especially if it goes to added time. 

13 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Gutted I didn't buy the membership at the start of the season. With no general sale, what are the chances of an home end ticket? Not with the ultras lol

Pretty good I'd say as Roma never sell out. I know someone who is flying over from New York on this basis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxes99 said:

Yep, I've been to roma twice away following Cska Moscow there, both times everyone just made there own way up there on public buses, then on way back we were locked in for ages and then all taken by buses to Roma Termini. So that's where I'm staying, as after the game  normally wrecked,  so a few eatery's and hotels in walking distance. 

Out of interest, why do you support CSKA Moscow ?

• Like 1

Myself and the wife are flying into Ciampino from Stansted on the Monday and leaving on the Saturday for a Romantic week of it..... Booked in the PSV stadium 10 minutes after full time for £166 return plus 1 checked suitcase.

Oh, and the romantic week will be interrupted by rowdy drinking and football 1/2 way through...😄...🍺

Our son is coming out Wednesday morning leaving late Friday afternoon for £72 return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nlukka said:

I was thinking of doing the same, but Ciampino airport closed between 00.00 and 04.00. I'm on the 06.30 back to Stansted on Friday morning and seems pointless paying for accommodation on Thursday night, especially if it's an 8pm kick-of

Me too, need to try and get some kip somewhere after the game as probably driving as not having time off work Friday, going to get back home hopefully 10.30, slightly worried about drive without any sleep.  But airport closed as above. 

Any inspired suggestions let me know, if me and the lad can get a couple of hours somewhere and then and hour on the plane, should last the day.

Game will finish at 11 then 45 mins lock in, then what for the next 3.5hrs????  Wasn't the best thought through plan,  but hey ho, didn't want to use more than 1 days holiday!!! 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There us absolutely zero chance City  request 5k tickets , in fact I'd be surprised if they asked for 3k. I think they prefer limiting it to 1500 'knowns' 

Well they’re gonna have no choice should we get to the final. I reckon we’ll get about a 4K allocation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Switzfox said:

The ground is quite a long walk from town but doable if relatively fit.  A lot will be taking taxis or buses I would imagine. I went to England v Ukraine there in the summer. I stayed near the train station and was ok but probably wouldn't do that again, and at a Roma match maybe its advisable to avoid that area as there were a few undesirables around as with all stations. At the england game the fan zone was at Piazza del popollo which was pretty good place to drink.  Whether they let Leicester fans congregate around there is another question. Great city though.

The Euros is whole different ball game than an English club coming for a European semi’s against Roma and I would highly recommend nobody walk to the stadium.The problem here is also young Lazio guys try to make problems to get the Roma club in trouble. Termini station is a great place for prices but those staying there definitely need to be cautious. It looks a lot worse than than it really is but you  do not want to be stumbling around there drunk at 1/2am 😂

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There us absolutely zero chance City  request 5k tickets , in fact I'd be surprised if they asked for 3k. I think they prefer limiting it to 1500 'knowns' 

There will be definitely 3,400 tickets going out to Leicester fans and I’m sure many in the home sections too. Anyone fancying more exclusive vip seats get in touch and I’ll help out. The vip seats and lounge you cannot wear your team colors 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

True, but because Roma never sell out even for the derby v Lazio, they gave Liverpool 5,000 in the CL a few years ago.

Mate,with all due respect please only give out facts here so people don’t end up in bad postions while abroad.

I’ve been to 20+ sold out Roma games excluding Barcelona/Liverpool champions league and derby games. I also don’t want to be offensive but Russian fans never have problems here whereas it’s the opposite with English fans. 

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 1