Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeh, I’ve just Google streetviewed ‘my’ street and it’s graffitied up to fcuk 😂

Being from Coalville it’s a home from home I suppose 😂

From what I can tell the return train is £20 to Termini. You can pre book if you want. Just be careful online, in that the website automatically wanted to send me to a different station from FCO

I booked our digs on the premise of cancelling them and booking somewhere more suitably located to where Leicester fans will congregate. But Rome seems so big it looks like wherever you base yourself you’ll be using the metro to get about at some stage or other 

Yeah the airport train I've always just rocked up. It's pretty good too be honest, the Leonardo express, approximately named....

We Just have to wait and see what the club throw at us now regard ticket logistics....

14 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Where do away fans normally congregate in Rome night before and day of game?

there are some beautiful areas And I fell in love withPiazza Navona. Beautiful place not sure if that would be ideal though?

Liverpool in 2018 the ticket collection and meeting point was Piazza delle Canestre. There was also a 3 day alcohol ban in the centre. Bars were still fine but no alcohol from shops, street drinking etc. Obviously it's going to be a hugely different trip to Eindhoven but I think that's expected. 

Edited by glar84
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, glar84 said:

Liverpool in 2018 the ticket collection and meeting point was Piazza delle Canestre. There was also a 3 day alcohol ban in the centre. Bars were still fine but no alcohol from shops, street drinking etc. Obviously it's going to be a hugely different trip to Eindhoven but I think that's expected. 

That is miles from the centre well for us oldies it is

Edited by Lesterlad

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

That is miles from the centre well it is for us oldies it is

Do you know where abouts you’re staying yet? It’s about a 25 min walk from Trevi Fountain or Termini I think. They might do something different this time, and this was back in 2018, but if Napoli is to go by the police do the same locations each time. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know Italy can be a bit funny with the type of masks you wear so may be worthwhile picking up some FFP2 masks for the plane. 

I flew to Turin in March with Ryanair, they don’t check the masks!

• Like 1

On 14/04/2022 at 22:16, The Year Of The Fox said:

Absolute nightmare getting the cheap flights

waiting til tomorrow now to let it settle down

you can though fly from EMA return to Milan for £15 and get a £61 train

Thursdsy-Saturday 

Consider going via Copenhagen. Cheap flights from London to Cph and Ryanair from Cph to Rome. May be worth a shout?

21 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s the same for entering the country too 

If its like Napoli you will also need one for travelling on the railways I went from Rome to Napoli and they asked to see one. 

Edited by Foxes1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, glar84 said:

Do you know where abouts you’re staying yet? It’s about a 25 min walk from Trevi Fountain or Termini I think. They might do something different this time, and this was back in 2018, but if Napoli is to go by the police do the same locations each time. 

Hi I’m staying towards the termini best western 

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Consider going via Copenhagen. Cheap flights from London to Cph and Ryanair from Cph to Rome. May be worth a shout?

Thanks

We booked Heathrow-Rome direct for £108 in the end 

There’s a fine line between saving yourself money on the actual flights, but spending  the difference saved on travel to Gatwick and hotels etc there

I think I’ve still got PTSD from the train journeys back from Gatwick after the CL too

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Outward flights sorted (4th May)  £7.99 from East Midlands airport to Pisa, £14 train from Pisa to Rome (takes 3 hours but not a bad price). Now just need to sort out a return.

Your just showing off now 😄

Roma's capacity is 72,600, so I had a look to see what their average home attendance is this season. 

It brought up all the Italian clubs average home attendance, and I am amazed how badly supported a lot of the big clubs are !! 

Screenshot_20220417-001259.thumb.png.e60d80a02706b60db6430eafb7cdebda.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Roma's capacity is 72,600, so I had a look to see what their average home attendance is this season. 

It brought up all the Italian clubs average home attendance, and I am amazed how badly supported a lot of the big clubs are !! 

That’ll be why their home tickets are only 10-14 euros for season ticket holders. 49AE15CE-AD35-4AEE-8511-37B40C2B1A4B.thumb.png.94c79135af962e0c3336eb441edb5e3e.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolcol said:

Italian football was(is?) capped because of covid 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolcol said:

Only just returned to 100% crowds in the last month. Been 50% for most of the season due to covid rules 

• Like 3