Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

43 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Here it goes much smoother and the police know us from over the years. 

I’ll meet the police now at the bar for lunch but most likely everyone will be sent to Villa Borghese and from there the police will put everyone on the bus.

Naples was unbelievable but we were the only ones there for kickoff and it was nice to have a seat for the 2.5hrs 7km trip.

Here we will get to the stadium in 30 minutes.

I’ll also do a stadium tour the evening before and you are welcome to join 👍

How do we book this stadium tour with you ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Great info Sean cheers

Whats this area like? (Our hotel)

Via Enrico Cialdini 13, Esquilino, Rome, 00185, Italy

Im assuming the station opposite is the main termini you can get this €14 train from FCO that you speak of?

Thanks 

Great area on a regular weekend with lots of Irish pubs close by and easy to reach all monuments by foot.

For the football be careful in this area(Monti) the night before.

Small groups of teenagers always hanging about looking for the 2/3 lone travelers. Don’t worry to much but always just keep an eye out and hate to say it ‘Keep your ass to wall’

walking distance from the train station is 10minutes max 

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Not looking forward to the flight at 6.30am on the Friday. 

Didn't really take the lateness of the game into consideration but there weren't many alternatives tbh. 

I booked it in a dodgy underpass somewhere in eindhoven after many beers, surprisingly I got the details right. 

Ditto...seemed like such a good idea at the time lol

I'm only flying back so early because of an afternoon tea reservation for a family birthday! Let's just hope I'm not too dishevelled 

29 minutes ago, Paddy_D said:

@SeanInRome - Have booked a hotel here:-

Via Borgognona 28
Spagna
00187 Rome

Any good around there?  Got it on a free cancellation so can change if dodgy.

As always, thanks for your advice. 

Nice are there and just so everyone knows Rome is a very safe city and very little crime for a big European city. However when English fans come it’s usually a small group of youngsters that roam around in looking for a few stragglers. It could happen anywhere and most times the day before because game day is well policed.

Just heads up if you are hanging in Monti or Campo di’fiori as they are the first places the ultras look in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collo73 said:

Hi Sean, looking at digs in either Ponte or Borgo either side of the river. Much of a difference? We originally planned on staying in the centre around Trevi but not sounding a great idea? Cheers

I live in Borgo myself and it’s a great area. If you are planning there get something now as it’s a very sought after area 

On 15/04/2022 at 07:50, RowlattsFox said:

Gutted I didn't buy the membership at the start of the season. With no general sale, what are the chances of an home end ticket? Not with the ultras lol

There will be plenty of tickets in all parts of ground for sale. Ticket stub etc  you will pay a premium albeit. Also hotels may sell them 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

They start about 5am and if you are at Ciampino you need to be there 45 Minutes before but if you are going to Fiumicino 2hrs before.

Taxi to Ciampino is 35€ so try share with someone else on the flight or 50€ to Fiumicino(max 3 people)

Hi Sean are you from Enderby? Just asking

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Outward flights sorted (4th May)  £7.99 from East Midlands airport to Pisa, £14 train from Pisa to Rome (takes 3 hours but not a bad price). Now just need to sort out a return.

Ditto, but we’ve paid £15 each way to Pisa!  Wednesday evening arrive at 2355, Pisa train at 4am, arrive Rome Termini at 8am, full day in the capital. Will have a Kip on train. Save on a hotel.

Flying home Friday 1900 hrs, so got a bit of time to chill until early afternoon. Bit of travelling, but three of us and saving £400, plus have good memories. 

Can’t wait, been to Rome a dozen times, love the place. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

There will be plenty of tickets in all parts of ground for sale. Ticket stub etc  you will pay a premium albeit. Also hotels may sell them 

Not true! I just spoke with the police and only English fans with residency in Italy can buy tickets to the game. Also through 3rd party agencies it is forbidden.

3 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

They are on line on websites already

Yes this Is true but when you arrive at the stadium they have the right to refuse entry. I’m just giving the heads up.It’s an expensive week in Rome for accommodation,travel and would be a real shame to be refused entry on match day.

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
5 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Great info Sean cheers

Whats this area like? (Our hotel)

Via Enrico Cialdini 13, Esquilino, Rome, 00185, Italy

Im assuming the station opposite is the main termini you can get this €14 train from FCO that you speak of?

Thanks 

I'm round the corner, think a few of us will be near station, straight off the plane, onto train, then into hotel. Can then get the metro to all the sights from there if walking is a bit dodge spesh at night.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
5 hours ago, SeanInRome said:

I just need to check what times are available and bring my own guide.

Their guide isn’t great and hard to understand sometimes.

Keep us posted sounds a good option. 👍

39 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Yes this Ian true but when you arrive at the stadium they have the right to refuse entry. I’m just giving the heads up.It’s an expensive time week in Rome for accommodation,travel and would be a real shame to be refused entry on match day.

Where do away fans normally congregate in Rome night before and day of game?

there are some beautiful areas And I fell in love withPiazza Navona. Beautiful place not sure if that would be ideal though?

5 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I'm round the corner, think a few of us will be near station, straight off the plane, onto train, then into hotel. Can then get the metro to all the sights from there if walking is a bit dodge spesh at night.

Yeh, I’ve just Google streetviewed ‘my’ street and it’s graffitied up to fcuk 😂

Being from Coalville it’s a home from home I suppose 😂

From what I can tell the return train is £20 to Termini. You can pre book if you want. Just be careful online, in that the website automatically wanted to send me to a different station from FCO

I booked our digs on the premise of cancelling them and booking somewhere more suitably located to where Leicester fans will congregate. But Rome seems so big it looks like wherever you base yourself you’ll be using the metro to get about at some stage or other