Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

2 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Or maybe it will attract people who want to sing and improve the atmosphere?  Games I’ve been to with it have been a marked improvement. A season long trial is a big responsibility, and let’s hope a silly minority don’t ruin it rather than just assume the concept will get abused. 

I agree for the most part but people are living a fantasy if they think this kind of area wont also attract a rougher minority. 

My point is that the club need to effectively get ahead of it to essentially negotiate with the people who don’t want to move. Any complaints coming in with regularity and it will be much easier for the club to return to the status quo. There’s a reason its taken 20 years to get this sort of thing going and there will be those behind the scenes that will be looking for any excuse to axe it. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally I don’t think you could be much more further off the mark 

Chelsea fans threw flares on the pitch when their players were taking penalties in their biggest game of the season. Liverpool fans let off loads in their end when they won as well. That was only a few days ago. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Chelsea fans threw flares on the pitch when their players were taking penalties in their biggest game of the season. Liverpool fans let off loads in their end when they won as well. That was only a few days ago. 

Not overly ultra behaviour to me. My first encounter with a flare was at London Road in the mid 90s, Peterborough hosting Brighton. 

The mentalities are completely different - you won’t see ultras standing around in concourses drinking poor quality beer 

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Do we reckon the section naturally grows as the season goes on like moving into sk2 or the rows in front etc 

I think it pre-empts a safe standing section personally - LCFC will want to keep up with the larger PL clubs whom have already introduced it. 

• Like 1

Considering the section they've cornered off is already relatively loud, wouldn't it have made more sense to have a singing section in G1 or Sk2 NEXT to the area of where others are already singing? 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might be confusing 'a few idiots/dimwits' with 'most English football fans'.

Its a growing trend especially among younger fans. But my point has always been an area like this will naturally attract the idiots and dimwits because they will get over excited and the club needs to make sure the people that are most likely to complain are looked after otherwise the trial will be over quite quickly. 

Its a growing trend especially among younger fans. But my point has always been an area like this will naturally attract the idiots and dimwits because they will get over excited and the club needs to make sure the people that are most likely to complain are looked after otherwise the trial will be over quite quickly. 

I think I understand your point, but I must say I'm not a fan of a culture based around 'only listening to those most likely to complain'.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Dames said:

That doesn't really equate to wanting to be European Ultras. 

The club will be keeping a watchful eye on the section and Union FS definitely do not want to jeopardise this opportunity by having people setting off smoke. If we are going to avoid pushing for an atmosphere at the stadium which isn't morguelike because we are afraid that a few twats might not be able to contain themselves than we may as well just all call it a day. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think I understand your point, but I must say I'm not a fan of a culture based around 'only listening to those most likely to complain'.

I’m not a fan of it either but I think its ingrained into British Culture.

The club have resisted this for so long that any sniff of trouble could put it in danger. It’d be far easier for them to go back to the status quo. 

I’m not a fan of it either but I think its ingrained into British Culture.

The club have resisted this for so long that any sniff of trouble could put it in danger. It’d be far easier for them to go back to the status quo. 

Well, the club have now listened to good people with good intentions that are genuine supporters of the team and club, so perhaps there are reasons for optimism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the same time, the club seems to be pricing out some of these younger fans in any event. The club is doing this "trial" before a major expansion of the stadium, when it would have been easy as pie to tie it to the introduction of 8,000 new seats (easier to move fans under those conditions). This means that the club is looking at the feasibility of a safe-standing section with the expansion.

I am not a singer, have no desire to sit in a safe-standing section, and don't feel guilty at all about being relatively quiet during matches (I am often, strangely, watching the game), but I fully support the singing section. I am less concerned than about it attracting the yobs, who are more likely to want to be in L1 or the ex-Family stand area near the away fans. 

I have no idea what the structure of UFS is, or what the leadership is like, but a minimal amount of self-policing should keep out idiots, racist/homophobic chants, etc, etc. Having an "official" section should, hopefully, also make it easier to organize tifos, official songbooks, et. al. So win-win all away around.

• Like 2

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's actually mad how people will just talk down to others on this topic, and without a sliver of irony try and frame it as though the people who have pushed for it are the ones in the wrong. 

Have I actually slated the lads that have set this up at any point? I’ve said i’m all for it several times. 

You’re living in a dreamland if you don’t think we have some rough fans in our fanbase, i’ve lost count of the amount of times in recent years i’ve seen lads brazenly doing lines in concourses up and down the country.

The problem is that an area like this will naturally attract some clingers on that dont have the best intentions and they could end up spoiling it for everybody, especially if the people who are already fuming about potentially being made to change seats. It where the club needs to get ahead of it. 

Just now, Dames said:

Have I actually slated the lads that have set this up at any point?

You clearly have a distain for a certain element of our support. I think you'd be quite surprised at what a lot of those lads you're talking down to think actually of UFS. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's actually mad how people will just talk down to others on this topic, and without a sliver of irony try and frame it as though the people who have pushed for it are the ones in the wrong. 

Dont forget they're coke addicts!

The problem is that one poster is in danger of being tarred with another's brush here. @Damesmay be slightly guilty of making his point clumsily, but I think his intentions are better than some of the earlier rubbish others spouted in the thread.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

As someone who has had a season ticket in SK1, for many years, well before it became fashionable, I’m quite happy to move, for this to become a singing section.

But unfortunately, our choice to sit somewhere else, is severely limited, 23,000 season ticket holders, 3,300 away fans and segregation limits our choice, we sit with people who when our kids were young, we all had seats in the orange seats in the Filbert street end.

So (but with no sense of entitlement) I think the club could have done more to accommodate us.

• Like 3

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You clearly have a distain for a certain element of our support. I think you'd be quite surprised at what a lot of those lads you're talking down to think actually of UFS. 

Right so you think the lad that ran onto the pitch at Forest and right hooked their players is a stand up guy?

Or the lads that constantly take gear in the concourse around kids and families? 

At no point have I slated the UFS guys i’ve always maintained that a section like this will attract a minority of fans that are looking to be a nuisance and the club need to be on top of it otherwise the singing area will be done and dusted with very quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Same people will be the ones crying about people “calling them out for not singing”

• Like 2