Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PhillyFox98

Traveling to Leicester from the US

Hello!

So im trying to plan out a trip to Leicester for next season if everything goes as plan with my job. I am looking at possibly febuary where I can see a match and than go to Madrid to see a few friends. How should I go to Leicester however. what options should I look at for transportation and housing?

Tickets are fairly easy to get hold of as long as it ain’t a high profile fixture and no doubt someone would help you out on here. Getting to matches is fairly easy as the train station is about 20 mins walk away and is easily connected to the local airports.. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFox98 said:

Hello!

So im trying to plan out a trip to Leicester for next season if everything goes as plan with my job. I am looking at possibly febuary where I can see a match and than go to Madrid to see a few friends. How should I go to Leicester however. what options should I look at for transportation and housing?

I assume you’d land at Heathrow? Get a train to Leicester, and then I’d say staying at an AirBNB might be the best option. Some not bad hotels around mind, but I’d imagine they’re more expensive.

4 hours ago, PhillyFox98 said:

Hello!

Fingers crossed for you! It probably makes most sense to fly into London, giving you an opportunity to view the capital as well. From there, there are frequent trains up to Leicester (look at www.nationalrail.co.uk for an idea of timings and prices), and as mentioned its a short walk from the city centre to the stadium. There's a hotel right next to the ground (https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/leicester/lctws/hoteldetail) which would be super convenient, also loads in the city centre - just go on somewhere like hotels.com and have a browse to check out reviews within your budget. 

If you go straight from Leicester to Madrid, easy access airports are East Midlands, Birmingham, London Luton or London Stansted. 

As with everything it usually depends on what your budget is.

For me I’m traveling alone to Leicester in September. I live near Charlotte in North Carolina I found a direct flight from Charlotte to Heathrow for $1600 however I found a one-stop flight from Charlotte stopping at JFK airport for a couple of hours and then flying onto Manchester airport for almost half the price.  Manchester is obviously a smaller airport than Heathrow, but it probably works out as just the same to get from Manchester to Leicester  than it does heathrow to Leicester. And then yes either Birmingham international or East Midlands onto Madrid would be straightforward.

Edited by MPH

I find the national express coach the simplest, albeit slow and rather dull, way from heathrow to Leicester.

The alternative, ie Heatjrow express train into Central.london then tube to St Pancras rail station (the terminal for trains to Leicester) and fast train onwards to Leicester can be a bit bewildering after an overnight flight. 

Best big name hotels if you have a few quid are Novotel and a brand new one the Brooklyn (at the rugby ground) ....or the gresham if you prefer it a bit more boutiquey

Slow direct train from.leicester to stansted will be your easiest connection to Madrid. And the route goes through Cambridge, which yanks tend to like

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/06/2022 at 09:08, FoyleFox said:

I'm guessing from your name you're in Philadelphia @PhillyFox98 you can fly to Birmingham or East Midlands via Dublin from there. Stay in Leicester for the match and off to Madrid from BHX or EMA.

thats true. I dont mind packing just a backpack and shipping stuff back to my house from the post there to do so.

On 20/05/2022 at 16:32, Bayfox said:

If you need a ticket. Drop me a DM helped out a few lads over from the states in recent years. Who have stayed in touch and become good friends. 

I can absolutely vouch for this gentleman. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Good cuz I may be finding myself in NYC for palace away in April. Know anywhere I can get a 10am beer and watch the game lol

I just might know of the best place in the world outside of Leicester for that. lol

Great news, keep me posted as you get closer to the trip. :cheers:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can fly directly from Philadelphia to Birmingham. Then catch a train to Leicester. 

Hotels wise there is plenty of choice all within 20 min walk to the stadium. 

There is the Holiday Inn Express next to the ground or a Holiday Inn a short walk away. Travelodge, Ibis etc all in the city centre. 

Enjoy your stay. 

You can fly to Madrid from Birmingham also.