Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

OH Leuven Away - Saturday 16th July

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Dont understand how anyone ever books this complete rip-off of a service. Every time I look it's extortionate. 

If you book far enough in advance it definitely isn't, granted the earlier/later services are better. But you can definitely get one way for £29-£59 which is probably cheaper that the train down to sodding St Pancras from Leicester lol 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If you book far enough in advance it definitely isn't, granted the earlier/later services are better. But you can definitely get one way for £29-£59 which is probably cheaper that the train down to sodding St Pancras from Leicester lol 

Just checked for the dates around the game and it's over £400 for two people to get on a train. 

Madness

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just checked for the dates around the game and it's over £400 for two people to get on a train. 

Madness

Ahh fair enough. I mean it's the middle of July so it was never going to be cheap. Only airports really are Manchester and London ones so that'll end up costing the same. With Petrol as it is and a tunnel crossing to factor in, you'd probably not get much change out of £400 even if you went down a road trip route! 

Essentially if anyone is going, it's probably best to make it part of a longer break!

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Dont understand how anyone ever books this complete rip-off of a service. Every time I look it's extortionate. 

Its cheaper than the plane for my dates. I live 20 mins from St Pancras, the time saved makes it much more worthwhile than flying, even if flights were a lot cheaper.

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

To the OH Leuven fans on this site, a list of good pubs and restaurants would be very welcomed pls. 2pm kick off is a bit annoying.

EDIT to tag - @Phugalu@Bonanza thanks

De "Oude Markt" (Old Market Square) is the place to be when it comes to pubs

https://www.visitleuven.be/en/oude-markt

There are some nice restaurants on "de Muntstraat"

http://www.muntstraat.be/content/home.html

More info: https://www.visitleuven.be/en

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked flights Fri-Sun from Birmingham.

Prices going up daily. Get in soon if you don't want to fork out a fortune.

Plenty of digs available in Leuven & Brussels.

If staying in Brussels do some homework on the area of your digs as there are some iffy parts of the City.

Looking forward to what should be a cracking weekend.

Has anyone had a look at the website to buy tickets?  I know they’re not available till Thursday, but I thought I’d look anyway. You have to create an account, which is easy, but now I can’t seem to get the website back into English!!  

28 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Has anyone had a look at the website to buy tickets?  I know they’re not available till Thursday, but I thought I’d look anyway. You have to create an account, which is easy, but now I can’t seem to get the website back into English!!  

Previously it was only possible to buy tickets on the site using Belgian bank cards.

I used to email them and collect from reception, paying in cash.

So, I assume that's changed now and UK cards are accepted.

I've set up an account ready.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Not many, I thought the club would roll out the free travel for it again actually.

I'd go if there was group going, can't see much point of travelling on my own from MK to meet up with 5 people who I probably don't know for what is in essence a pre season kick about.

On 13/06/2022 at 12:56, Permafrost said:

Anyone have a feel for how many will be going over for this?

I would have gone but away on holiday. If the pre-season friendly in Lille a couple of years ago is anything to go by I would have thought about 1000.

13 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Where are people thinking of buying tickets for this? Odd without there being a dedicated away end. 

How do you know there isn’t a dedicated away end? I can’t see anything on the site and it’s all in Belgian!