Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Spare/unused clothes

Mrs. FFF arrived from shopping with 5 tee shirts for me. She rightly pointed out that several of my existing ones are looking past their best.

However, in my T shirt drawer, I discovered I had 10 others in there already, most unused. I tend to use the same 4 or 5. In fact, I read that the average bloke only uses about 25% of his wardrobe.

This certainly applies to me, so I did a stock take of my brand new, some still in their packets and most adorned with labels, clothes and also my hardly ever worn clothes.

Insummary:

15 T shirts. (I found yet more tucked away in another cupboard)

5 pairs of smart trousers.

3 pair casual trousers.

4 pairs of summer shorts

8 shirts.

3 winter pullovers. (I'm not including the 3 Christmas ones)

5 pairs of shoes.

Two winter coats.

3 packs of sports socks.

3 scarves. (inc 2 LCFC ones)

And there could be more.....

Most items, as mentioned, brand new/unworn and some (most?) bought several years ago.

I would have included a pack of pants and socks I discovered too but I opened those and will start using them from tomorrow.

I should add, I do plan on getting around to using all this 'stock', if I live long enough!

Anyone else like this?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

So are you giving these away or what?

Or you just saying you waste money on things you dont use and are a hoarder?

I have put some in a clothes bank and sold on some unused city shirts.

Most of the items have been bought for me by family and no, they wont be wasted, I'll get around to wearing them.

As I mentioned though, a recent piece I read reckoned most folk ware but a fraction of the clothes we own. Instead, we tend to ware the same few items.

• Like 1

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

I have put some in a clothes bank and sold on some unused city shirts.

Most of the items have been bought for me by family and no, they wont be wasted, I'll get around to wearing them.

As I mentioned though, a recent piece I read reckoned most folk ware but a fraction of the clothes we own. Instead, we tend to ware the same few items.

Tis true.

My Mrs is forever buying me random clothes even though I'm always moaning at her not to.

You right  too that we just rotate our "favourite " clothes. 

Unfortunately  its the way of the world nowadays, easy come easy go, and thanks to Shops like Primark aka Primarni clothes are cheap as they are made for pennies in Bangladesh but last  a year at best.

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

How do you get by with 5 pairs of shoes? I take that many on holiday 

In fact I've never had so many! Apart from the 5 unused pairs, I have 4 other pairs and a couple pair of trainers.

For years I had 1 smart pair, 1 pair for work/general use and the trainers. That was it!

Replacements were bought as necessary.

Socks however - that's a different story and another drawer in my bedroom.

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

Tis true.

My Mrs is forever buying me random clothes even though I'm always moaning at her not to.

You right  too that we just rotate our "favourite " clothes. 

Unfortunately  its the way of the world nowadays, easy come easy go, and thanks to Shops like Primark aka Primarni clothes are cheap as they are made for pennies in Bangladesh but last  a year at best.

Mmmmmm, I do tend to make my clothes last. Probably explains why I'm a little well off for spares.

I have a thick woolly cardy that I still ware in the winter that I bought in........

1975. Yes, really.:huh:

Just before lockdown, I was wearing it at work and a female colleague said she liked it and asked where did I get it from.

Alas, the shop has long since gone and in anycase, it was slightly older than  she was!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Mmmmmm, I do tend to make my clothes last. Probably explains why I'm a little well off for spares.

I have a thick woolly cardy that I still ware in the winter that I bought in........

1975. Yes, really.:huh:

Just before lockdown, I was wearing it at work and a female colleague said she liked it and asked where did I get it from.

Alas, the shop has long since gone and in anycase, it was slightly older than  she was!

Well, as my Mrs would say atleast your clothes purchases are an "investment" for lasting so long, not like the Primarni shite!

11 hours ago, boots60 said:

I have a pair of "Italia 90" shorts that have been worn for 32 consecutive summers.

Italia 90 vest still going strong that i bought out there during the tournament.

My mrs was telling me about a Bill Bryson book/story where he explained that he is trying use up all his clothes before he snuffs it!! 

Mission Impossible - Clothes Reckoning!!

Too many clothes? Good condition? Never gonna wear the least important/least valuable/least significant to you? The Air Ambulance charity shops need these, please donate. Could just save a number of lives.