Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Tour De France 2022

17 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What a great rivalry this could become.

Both really likeable and very classy by Jonas today

Great to have a rivalry where the talent is a mtach. 

I would like to see Bernal in the mix as well and it's a massive shame that he was stopped in his prime by the crash. 

• Like 1

Genius timing by Laporte and finally France get a stage win. But the rest of the peloton must be getting fed up with the Jumbo Visma team and their dominance. One day closer to Denmark erupting.   

Flippin unreal to have a Danish Tour de France winner. We are going to have yellow fever everywhere in our little country the next days. :scarf:

Need to get into to Copenhagen tomorrow and celebrate somewhere with a big screen and beers. :beer:

Looking at Vingegaard in physical comparison to Pogacar, he looks two weight divisions lighter, like featherweight to flyweight, yet he managed to come second to WvA in the time trial. It's usually the bigger guys who excel at time trial. A phenomenal performance this year in the most exciting race for some time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Most combative rider Van Aert, all round brilliant cyclist, sprinter, time trialist, super domestique. A really great tour. Ineos third place overall with Thomas and top of team classification.

Is 'most combative' based on time spent in breakaways? Because I thought Pogacar was extremely attacking throughout the three weeks, from the early attacks gaining numerous seconds to the audacious final stage push.

9 hours ago, shen said:

Is 'most combative' based on time spent in breakaways? Because I thought Pogacar was extremely attacking throughout the three weeks, from the early attacks gaining numerous seconds to the audacious final stage push.

Its a jury that decides it. They also decides on the daily one. I think its a bit floaty what they are actually looking at. Pogacar and Geschke must have been candidates for the overall prize too, but van Aert ended up winning it unanimously. He has more or less animated the whole race and been a main participant on nearly every stage though. 

On 20/07/2022 at 18:15, UniFox21 said:

Cynic in me says has the tech and nutrition improved enough to beat the extreme doping from '97?

Just have to return to this one, as the doping question was raised on Danish television yesterday. It turns out that the climbs on Alpe d'Huez on Hautecam this year were minutes slower than the climbs on those mountains in the 90s.  

9 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Just have to return to this one, as the doping question was raised on Danish television yesterday. It turns out that the climbs on Alpe d'Huez on Hautecam this year were minutes slower than the climbs on those mountains in the 90s.  

That's interesting, I wonder why they were reported as being much quicker? 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

That's interesting, I wonder why they were reported as being much quicker? 

It was the Col d'Azet climb that was faster. A climb that was the 2nd last climb on the stage and where McNulty put maximum pressure on everyone. Maybe it was also not the last climb i 1997 and therefore it was not climbed at maximum. Just wanted to point out, that apparently not all climbs are done faster than back in the dodgy 90s.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, taupe said:

Is that the tram line? Quite right to. That'd be blatant cheating.

Unsure fully, but they've not fully suspended him from competing, just a disqualification. His team haven't released anything as of yet either. 

Either something fishy going on or simply a mistake. 

Just reading about it more, it's purportedly taken by many a team/rider as an effective pain relief - just not by teams that go under the 'clean cycling' umbrella. It's not considered doping by WADA, there's no suspension or banning for having tested positive, indeed it's usage is permitted in some sports. UCI doesn't allow it for reasons of rider protection; masking pain can lead to further damage.

Maybe Nairo and/or his docs simply took a chance? He couldn't ride on without it so decided on a roll of the dice?