Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Tour De France 2022

Quick step messed up not having Mark Cavendish in the team!. One win from Cav on the tour would have brought more publicity for the team than if two or three other riders from the team won a stage. Gutted Cavs not there.

• Like 1

I haven't watched it properly for the past few years but will try and watch more this year. Worked with Pidcock when he was a 16/17 year old in Junior cycling, at that age he knew he was going to the very top, he was a cocky little s**t but he always backed it up. Be interesting to see how he goes on his Tour debut. 

41 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Watching again this year and fortunately no weirdos with signs at the roadside causing mischief. 

can’t see past Pogacar, especially in the mountains.

Same here .

His team are all riding for him whereas Roglic has a rival in his own team .

As a Dane, this Tour start in Denmark has been massive and glad to see the whole country support it and no idiots causing troubles. I myself went in to the 1st stage time trail in Copenhagen; despite the rain and standning in the same spot for 8 hours, it was amazing to be part of this race.

I understand the British frustration of no Cavendish, but think Lefevere (boss of Quick Step Alpha Vinyl) is quite happy with the team he sent to the Tour with 2 stage wins already and Jakobsen looking like the new master of the sprints.

I think Pogacar is too good overall, but it is still going to be interesting to see if Jumbo Visma or Ineos can make some dents in him. Green jersey also looking like its going to be a fun competition this year.   

• Like 2

I'm a keen road cyclist but the TdF particularly and road bike racing generally do little for me. I'll watch the TdF on the TV if the weather's crap (or too hot) and I'm stuck inside but otherwise. I prefer the mountain stages to the sprints. I like cyclo-cross and MTB though.

I've been to a couple of starts/finishes of the TdF and that's quite a buzz

10 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I understand the British frustration of no Cavendish, but think Lefevere (boss of Quick Step Alpha Vinyl) is quite happy with the team he sent to the Tour with 2 stage wins already and Jakobsen looking like the new master of the sprints.

Ditto. Cav did damned well last year, and credit it to him, but it was only because of an injury that he was even there. He's had a brilliant career but I do see last year as his swansong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonezy said:

As a Dane, this Tour start in Denmark has been massive and glad to see the whole country support it and no idiots causing troubles. I myself went in to the 1st stage time trail in Copenhagen; despite the rain and standning in the same spot for 8 hours, it was amazing to be part of this race.

Public really seemed to enjoy themselves and support the cyclists.

Then you hear about today's awful events in the capital.

:(

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 18:17, taupe said:

I'm a keen road cyclist but the TdF particularly and road bike racing generally do little for me. I'll watch the TdF on the TV if the weather's crap (or too hot) and I'm stuck inside but otherwise. I prefer the mountain stages to the sprints. I like cyclo-cross and MTB though.

I've been to a couple of starts/finishes of the TdF and that's quite a buzz

1 hour highlights of each day in the evening is perfect viewing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Van Aert is just an amazing bike rider. He will be tough to beat for the green points Jersey.

He's quite spectacular alright! Reminds me of Jalabert only more talented.

Edited by shen

On 03/07/2022 at 18:22, taupe said:

Ditto. Cav did damned well last year, and credit it to him, but it was only because of an injury that he was even there. He's had a brilliant career but I do see last year as his swansong.

Agreed, Cav is one of my all time favourite sportsmen but can have no complaints about Jakobsen being selected. 

Likewise last year, Sam Bennett was in brilliant form yet still had people moaning that Cav wasn't picked ahead of him.

I do still feel he will get one last tour appearance and grab that one more spring win, just a shame it won't be down the champs as I think that particular run is not suited for him anymore unfortunately.

What a chaotic stage today. Nice recovery from Jumbo Visma, but Roglic still lost a lot. Pogacar is so good, he does not need a team; the dude is a freak. So is van Aert saving Vingegaard and his own yellow jersey.

Grats to all our Ausssie foxes with Clarke winning on pure will. :wub: 

Gutsy ride from WvA. If gutsy is the right word. I've no idea what the thinking behind it was (maybe inspired by the England cricket team's new attitude!) but it was certainly a heroic effort.

As I was watching, the word 'suicidal' also came to mind. Expect him to sit in for the next few days!

Edited by taupe

I mean at this point it's already looking ahead and trying to map out how many grand tours can this guy win? 

Still so young and surely fit enough to have a crack at the Vuelta and Giro over the coming years.