Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Tour De France 2022

9 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Pidcock seems like a cool character too. 'Not bad is it...?' after winning on the Alpe d'Huez in his first Tour.  Also the other day, when van Aert did some super human stuff, Pidcock went 'he is taking the piss isn't he?'. :D Vingegaard is a very boring introvert family guy compared.

To be fair. I think that anyone who can climb that many HCs in 2 days at that speed isn't boring. But Pidcock has an excellent name and he was effing brilliant today.

5 hours ago, trabuch said:

To be fair. I think that anyone who can climb that many HCs in 2 days at that speed isn't boring. But Pidcock has an excellent name and he was effing brilliant today.

I think we can all appreciate, that someone can actually challenge Pogacar to make the Tour even more exciting. I was talking more about character or at least what comes through in interviews, and Pidcock comes across well in my opinion. I bloody love Vingegaard, do not get me wrong; he unites and excites the whole nation.

• Like 2

Hats off to Geraint Thomas. He paced himself impeccably when it might have been expected that he got distanced by Jumbo Visma's gut wrenching pace at the front. Yates also deserves a mention.

Apparently it was like an oven on those climbs yesterday. 

On 17/07/2022 at 17:46, Super_horns said:

Tough day for Jumbo - a few crashes involving their men including Vingegaard and Kruijswijk/ Roglic out of the tour.

Yeah. The mighty Jumbo team suddenly does not look that migthy. Will be some interesting few days in the mountains. Ineos probably with the strongest team now, so maybe they will use that to their advantage. Exciting stuff.

Very emotionel win for Houle today. The danish commentators were telling a story about how he lost his brother in a traffic accident just as he turned professionel and just really wanted to win a Tour stage for him, as they watched and followed the Tour together when they were young. Also Houle has been a helper all his career with barely any wins. So I was rooting for him, when it was clear it would be a breakaway win. 

In the GC Vingegaard looks the strongest, but still some really tough days ahead. The whole of Denmark is on the edge. 

• Like 1

I am sure there are lots of grey zones in all elite sports and I don't think cycling is completely clean. That said, I do believe the tech has improved quite a bit in the last 25 years and both Pogacar and Vingegaard are freaks of nature.

Kudos to the UAE helpers today. They really showed up.  Pogacar and Vingegaard are different beasts in this race.

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Pogacar had a little crash but to his credit and in a very sporting manner Vingegaard waited rather than take advantage.

There are unwritten rules whereby you shouldn't take advantage of someone else's misfortune. 

• Like 1

Pogo's going to have to grit his teeth and dig in now though. That gravel rash stings like a bee itch. Jumbo can hold the pace and drop Pogo, and that'd be totally allowed!

WvA is a beast!

Edited by taupe

Vingegaard was outstanding on that last climb and helped by Van Aert along side his other team mates.

Worthy winner although Pogacar certainly gave his best .

Well done to Thomas for getting 3rd.

Obviously if all goes well in the stages left of course !