Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cstott_lcfc

Jonas Omlin

19 minutes ago, cstott_lcfc said:

Leicester eyeing Montpellier goalkeeper Jonas Omlin via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://onefootball.com/editorial/35543971?language=en

....just went to watch him on YouTube!!!

After a few minutes I had to stop, all shots were bouncing away from him, it does seem to matter what kind of shot it was, nothing was being caught or secured.

It is probably a trend with keepers now, but like tennis, everyone is a baseliner, and no serve and volley players coming through. It doesn't improve the game, we can't keep doing the same things, let us start to coach catching the ball as opposed to parrying every ball.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Like 2

When I was doing the twitter search for him I came across this.. :ph34r:

“Good evening,

The two goalkeeping priorities for Leicester are Kepa Arrizabalaga & Bernd Leno (whom Fulham are courting very heavily)!!”

I can imagine Kepa has got a very big wage

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

When I was doing the twitter search for him I came across this.. :ph34r:

“Good evening,

The two goalkeeping priorities for Leicester are Kepa Arrizabalaga & Bernd Leno (whom Fulham are courting very heavily)!!”

I can imagine Kepa has got a very big wage

Kepa is off to Napoli on loan.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

After a few minutes I had to stop, all shots were bouncing away from him, it does seem to matter what kind of shot it was, nothing was being caught or secured.

It is probably a trend with keepers now, but like tennis, everyone is a baseliner, and no serve and volley players coming through. It doesn't improve the game, we can't keep doing the same things, let us start to coach catching the ball as opposed to parrying every ball.

I noticed this with a lot of the highlight reels I watched of keepers. 

I wasn’t sure if that was because it looks more spectacular than just catching stuff, however most of the saves were not being pushed away from the goals either. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

That’s Ben White.