Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People turning on someone who lost his dad in the most awful circumstances.

Leaving him to pick up a billion dollars business and two football clubs during the biggest global crisis for decades.

Wow.....

What the hell are you on about?? No one is turning on him, us fans are rightly frustrated that he isn’t doing the right thing for our club and sacking Rodgers, we all can see we’re we are heading under Rodgers, but on saying this someone at the top is becoming spineless 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Leaving him to pick up a billion dollars business and two football clubs during the biggest global crisis for decades.

Wow.....

Do we let him tank the club because he's been put in an unfortunate situation?

If he makes the right decisions people will back him, if he doesn't then he deserves the stick he gets. I think it's basically that simple. Long term I love the vision for the club, if he keeps Rodgers in a job through sentimentality or judgement and it ends badly, then he's culpable and will rightfully get stick.

It's really that simple. Same in any walk of life, any job and any business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

What the hell are you on about?? No one is turning on him, us fans are rightly frustrated that he isn’t doing the right thing for our club and sacking Rodgers, we all can see we’re we are heading under Rodgers, but on saying this someone at the top is becoming spineless 

Point proven. 

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow.....

Exactly. Look where we were when the family stepped in and all they have done for us and the community since then. They have been through the mill and we should be showing them support as much as possible. They will be proud people and will find such difficulties painful. Unless we discover something untoward they deserve that at the least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Do we let him tank the club because he's been put in an unfortunate situation?

No of course not, but we have no idea about a multitude of factors that affect the decision or its timing.  

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If he makes the right decisions people will back him, if he doesn't then he deserves the stick he gets. I think it's basically that simple. Long term I love the vision for the club, if he keeps Rodgers in a job through sentimentality or judgement and it ends badly, then he's culpable and will rightfully get stick.

I just think it's a little early to give him stick, after the way KP and the family have led the club during the last 10 years.

At the end of the day, his going to be picking up the bill no matter which decision he makes.

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow.....

Lets face it OH Leuven is a pub team compared to us and the Premier League, and I can guarantee he does nothing with them. 

If you own a business and are at the top of it, you have to get some decisions right. You have to make them at the right time, because if not you lose money, reputation, stock and so on. You're ultimately judged on these decisions. By being unable to make the right decision at such a critical time in the Club's recent history of course people will criticise him. It's nothing to do with the fact he lost his dad, he's the one who ultimately agrees to part with the money on rubbish signings, invests his money in the wrong areas, (stadium expansion which we don't really need) and is writing notes in programmes to fans to try and appease them, which some deem admirable, I see it as rather pathetic. 

I find it baffling that he has not fired Rodgers based on his comments recently. If your manager puts the blame for terrible performances, shit scared tactics, players terrified to pass forward onto the chairman and he isn't sacked, it shows me that Top is spineless and is part of the problem. Grow a backbone, sack the bloke before our club goes down the pan yet again. 

How can thousands of fans who go week in week out see such a deterioration of the club, yet the bloke who's wearing the £10,000 sunglasses not. 

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow.....

I mean come on having a billion dollar business and two football clubs to fall back on isn’t a problem that warrants sympathy, he could sell them tomorrow if he wanted to and never even notice the global crisis that will massively hit the everyday lives of most Leicester City fans.

They’ve done a fair bit of good, and losing your Dad, especially when they’re clearly as close as they were, is horrible. And absolutely there’s no justification for any personal attacks. But surely people can question how their football club is run, or decisions people make for it, if they want to without being guilt tripped? Someone who owns a sports team that is important to a huge community of people should never be immune from constructive criticism.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark_w said:

I mean come on having a billion dollar business and two football clubs to fall back on isn’t a problem that warrants sympathy, he could sell them tomorrow if he wanted to and never even notice the global crisis that will massively hit the everyday lives of most Leicester City fans.

They’ve done a fair bit of good, and losing your Dad, especially when they’re clearly as close as they were, is horrible. And absolutely there’s no justification for any personal attacks. But surely people can question how their football club is run, or decisions people make for it, if they want to without being guilt tripped? Someone who owns a sports team that is important to a huge community of people should never be immune from constructive criticism.

Not when the criticism comes from people that don’t have all the facts or know anything about the inner workings of the club.

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc043 said:

I don’t think you need to know that to be in favour of sacking Rodge 

My point is people are jumping to conclusions that he’s staying in charge for Villa when nobody actually knows anything. I don’t even trust what Tanner says these days. 

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Lets face it OH Leuven is a pub team compared to us and the Premier League, and I can guarantee he does nothing with them. 

If you own a business and are at the top of it, you have to get some decisions right. You have to make them at the right time, because if not you lose money, reputation, stock and so on. You're ultimately judged on these decisions. By being unable to make the right decision at such a critical time in the Club's recent history of course people will criticise him. It's nothing to do with the fact he lost his dad, he's the one who ultimately agrees to part with the money on rubbish signings, invests his money in the wrong areas, (stadium expansion which we don't really need) and is writing notes in programmes to fans to try and appease them, which some deem admirable, I see it as rather pathetic. 

I find it baffling that he has not fired Rodgers based on his comments recently. If your manager puts the blame for terrible performances, shit scared tactics, players terrified to pass forward onto the chairman and he isn't sacked, it shows me that Top is spineless and is part of the problem. Grow a backbone, sack the bloke before our club goes down the pan yet again. 

How can thousands of fans who go week in week out see such a deterioration of the club, yet the bloke who's wearing the £10,000 sunglasses not. 

By the way, how do you know he hasn't?

Just because you can't see any action on the surface doesn't mean there is nothing going on. 

Nothing wrong with criticism, but like you have just proved most people can't do it with the odd jibe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Not when the criticism comes from people that don’t have all the facts or know anything about the inner workings of the club.

I mean literally nobody on the forum has all the facts or knows anything about the inner workings of the club. Shall we stop talking about managers too? Players? Is there anything we can discuss?

People can make criticism based on their perception, and then others can come back based on theirs. If someone says something that is based on assumptions by all means come back and challenge that. But if we remove all the criticism on those grounds then there’s no forum left.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No of course not, but we have no idea about a multitude of factors that affect the decision or its timing.  

I just think it's a little early to give him stick, after the way KP and the family have led the club during the last 10 years.

At the end of the day, his going to be picking up the bill no matter which decision he makes.

Agreed it's slightly early now, but we're right on the edge. It's not like this is something that's come out of the blue. To get to this stage and still have the clubs mouthpiece saying that the manager's job is safe is mind boggling. 

I'm not one for just accepting poor performance or decisions because good has been done in the past. Mistakes are fine, the odd poor performance is fine. Accepting sustained under performance or blatently poor decisions is something I'll never do. There's no place for sentimentality.

There's nothing stopping the club from making a statement to explain the situation. If they decide to keep Rodgers as manager and not acknowledge how weird that looks, then all the execs are fair game for me.

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

It is not about sympathy it is about having empathy, simple. 

100% but people struggle with giving constructive criticism with having a jibe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Absolutely bedazzled you think it’s to early to sack him, when would be acceptable? Christmas? Unfortunately people in tops position have to be ruthless if there not maybe it’s time to rethink we’re you are at, 

Edited by Joe90lcfc

Just now, coolhandfox said:

It could be just down to buying time to get a plan in place. 

People jumping up and down because BR hasn't been sacked at 9 am is just silly. 

It seems we are dithering, and he will still be here at villa, which in my opinion is shocking, Puel got sacked for less