Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

36 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

I do wonder whether Top has the stomach for all this. It was Vichai's club not Top's. 

It's crossed my mind too. We someone on the board with a lot of experience. Let's see how they react now we are fully into the season with such a shit show. 

The whole thing needs a refresh and quickly 

If they’re waiting for a replacement they’re doing the wrong thing.

Rodgers is a negative at the moment, all we need is somebody else, they don’t have to be a long-term appointment they’ve just got to stop the rot.

Every day that goes past is a step backwards. If we’d sacked Rodgers back in February when we should have done Potter was a reasonable target, Marsch was available at no cost, there’s probably a bunch of other interesting managers we could have employed then who would have enjoyed the challenge of taking on a side in a (third rate) European competition, with time to salvage a top 10 finish and plan for the next season.

As it is we’re now shopping in the “desperate to get back into management” or the “desperate to manage in the PL” bargain buckets.

The likes of Rose and AVB would be interesting and exciting appointments but why would they come here now. Increasingly looking like Dyche as the only realistic candidate.

Hard to take. Forget the manager and the awful displays on the pitch for a second, I get the feeling based on what's unfolding and also that we're about to post pretty much the biggest loss in the Prem that we are totally bankrupt. How can that happen to a side that's been in Europe 3 seasons in a row and all the extra revenue that brings in? 

The board who I imagine run this on behalf of Top have some big unanswered questions.

Gutted

Edited by berniethebolt
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Like I said before.  All of what is going on now rests with Top.  Rodgers has done his bit now and that part cannot realistically get any worse.

This is where we get to find out what Top actually wants for our club going forward.  Whether his heart is really in it.  We are being steered 100% towards relegation, there's no doubt about it if nothing changes. 

If we can't afford to pay him off, just stick him on gardening leave! If Rodgers then sits on a pay packet for 4 years then that shows the whole footballing world what he is about.  

Just do something Top before we have a hole too big to climb out of! Stop being an ostrich!

:pearson:

Sack Rodgers, bring in someone until the end of the season and put the club up for sale so we can be bought by someone with some ambition and financial muscle! Absolute piss poor management of the club for years now and it’s gone way too far. Terrible appointments all around, terrible signings, obscene contracts, sticking with staff that aren’t fit (Rudkin I’m looking at you). This has to end. We won the Premier League and managed to mess everything up after we did the hard bit! And before anyone says “but we won the FA Cup and finished 5th twice”, you are no better than Brendan. We threw away Champions League twice, and the Cup win was a fluke that we didn’t deserve at the time - we were poor in the Final, but won because of some Youri magic. Time for big changes!

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

More light shows anyone :ph34r:. Let's just turn the rest of the season into a carnival.:ph34r:

Well the club's turning itself into a circus so we might as well join in and start going to games in fancy dress, etc. Really make a farce of it. Would be more fun at least.

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Think people - we couldn’t afford a new signing. How the hell are we going to be able to pay for BR to be sacked. Also, if we do somehow manage to scramble the money together to sack him, the only way we get a new manager is by hiring someone who isn’t employed currently as we can’t afford to pay another clubs compensation. 

All in all, we’re pretty well ****ed. 

man40853.png

At least he'd sort the defence out. 

Additionally we'll also be able to end our search for a right winger. 

_105233320_albrighton.jpg

• Like 4

These are the best owners we have ever had by a country mile.

It’s hard to stay in the top 6 - ask Arsenal, Manu Utd, Spurs or Liverpool fans all have had years of underperformance at some point.

The manager and the recruitment are both to blame, 

Top does have the power to correct though

22 minutes ago, jesterpv said:

Where has the money gone

19. Leicester
Spent: £326.61m
Received: £291.13m
Net spend: £35.48m

https://www.givemesport.com/88055328-man-utd-arsenal-liverpool-chelsea-every-pl-clubs-net-spend-since-2018-19

:doh: There is no one at the club siphoning money off, our club are paying way too much wages to some players which is unsustainable unless we have European football.  

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Every day that goes past is a 

As it is we’re now shopping in the “desperate to get back into management” or the “desperate to manage in the PL” bargain buckets.

The likes of Rose and AVB would be interesting and exciting appointments but why would they come here now. Increasingly looking like Dyche as the only realistic candidate.

I'm not sure I agree with this.

The talent in the squad is comfortably there to stay up, players like Maddison, Nacho, Tielemans, Daka, Vardy (on form,) Castagne etc are all far better than a relegation battle. A manager who takes over and turns it around can say that he took a Leicester side from rock bottom to, say, 12th and present themselves as a safe pair of hands at least.

Decent business in the transfer market next summer with money invested wisely and successfully gives them more kudos still. It's 4th September with a badly underachieving squad 3 points from safety, not Paul Jewell taking over from Billy Davies at Derby.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Good days are over unfortunately. We’ve made some absolutely humping decisions on wages / contracts and it’s now time to take the consequences. Mail reporting a £120m loss for previous tax year about to be announced. We’re going to have to take this season, very likely go down, fire sale of anyone who we can get some cash for, and start again with young players and low wages with the parachute payments the only thing from us being completely ****ed. Rodgers has played us an absolute treat the fraud and we can’t pull the trigger 

Have you been to the Rodgers school of positivity?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

I do wonder whether Top has the stomach for all this. It was Vichai's club not Top's. 

I thought that vichai bought the club for Top whi was football mad.

(We might have cured him of that)

I do feel for Top, this is the first real crisis he has had to face since he lost Vichai.  I think we have made some terrible mistakes that wouldn't have happened under The Boss.

Just now, ronnup said:

This financial situation needs investigating because there's no way we should be in a mess so quickly , somethings amiss 

Wages for not just the playing staff but the execs. 

Two training grounds the newer of which is a financial black hole, especially with the almost doubling in staff numbers.

10s of Millions spent on a development at Filbert Way which hasn't seen a brick laid yet.

The wasted millions on pointless signings.

You don't need to look far.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He literally keeps him in his job. If he doesn’t remove the person that’s the problem, he is also the problem

Indeed. It does feel like at times he's out of his depth, which I suppose is understandable to a degree and is typical "son takes over the family business" on the tragic death of the patriarch.

However I would expect him to be getting better advice from his Execs, unless he is and is ignoring them.

16 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

These are the best owners we have ever had by a country mile.

It’s hard to stay in the top 6 - ask Arsenal, Manu Utd, Spurs or Liverpool fans all have had years of underperformance at some point.

The manager and the recruitment are both to blame, 

Top does have the power to correct though

Yes he does...and ????