Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 minute ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Absolutely bedazzled you think it’s to early to sack him, when would be acceptable? Christmas? Unfortunately people in tops position have to be ruthless if there not maybe it’s time to rethink we’re you are at, 

Quote where I've mentioned it too early to sack BR? 

Not to mention him at all. 

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I mean literally nobody on the forum has all the facts or knows anything about the inner workings of the club. Shall we stop talking about managers too? Players? Is there anything we can discuss?

People can make criticism based on their perception, and then others can come back based on theirs. If someone says something that is based on assumptions by all means come back and challenge that. But if we remove all the criticism on those grounds then there’s no forum left.

My point was more that people are jumping to conclusions and basing their criticisms on that. Nobody knows whether Rodgers will be in charge on Saturday so why use that as a basis for criticism? If he still is then fair enough - but until we really know what’s happening I don’t see why we should be pointing fingers. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It could be just down to buying time to get a plan in place. 

People jumping up and down because BR hasn't been sacked at 9 am is just silly. 

Agreed on that one, jumping the gun is just as bad as just letting people get away with things. Unfortunately you'll always find people at both ends of the extremes. 

I've been waiting for this sacking for what feels like an eternity, that's real patience! haha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swalker said:

Presumably Top would get rid of Brendan face to face, so there's a chance the delay is simply in him flying over to the UK?

haha. get a grip. Rodgers is staying for the long haullLLLLLL :fc: #2027 #INRODGERSWETRUST #WEREMASSIVE

Edited by Simoken

At the end of they day, if any of the suggested are true - thrust into it, doesn't have the knowledge, heart not in it etc, then sell the club. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. However, this total lack of decisiveness is going to harm the club and that is why fans are getting pissy with the board.

Just now, filbertway said:

Agreed on that one, jumping the gun is just as bad as just letting people get away with things. Unfortunately you'll always find people at both ends of the extremes. 

I've been waiting for this sacking for what feels like an eternity, that's real patience! haha

Our past record of sacking managers has been pretty good, CS, CP and CR.

It would have been easy to have given CR much longer after winning the league. 

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

At the end of they day, if any of the suggested are true - thrust into it, doesn't have the knowledge, heart not in it etc, then sell the club. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. However, this total lack of decisiveness is going to harm the club and that is why fans are getting pissy with the board.

This makes me think what the **** are John Rudkin and Whelan doing??? What are they getting paid for? Spineless pair 

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Reminded me of what a great film American Pie is 

• Haha 1

I think because of the deep connection we have with Top and his family, the fans have been very respectful to him. We're bottom of the league, playing shockingly bad, got a manager who doesn't want to be here and have no money. At most other clubs e.g. Newcastle they'd be baying for the owners blood by now. Even when Top wrote his piece, where he admitted we have financial issues and wont be buying players, all I heard was over whelming support for him. But he needs to do the right thing now or we're going down.

Guys put yourselves in Top’s shoes for just a moment. We all want him to do the right thing for our club. That’s what he’s trying to do. There myst be a balance. Timing is everything. A plan as to be in place and if had to be vetted. Sacking the manager and drifting along with whoever is I’ll qualified temporarily doesn’t guarantee a change of fortune or success.

none of us wants these horrible performances to continue that is certain.

I also want the best outcome out of this and if they need time to do it so be it.

This season had to be saved from relegation. We survive we can then focus on a proper reset & rebuild. Rogers is a dead man walking if he can’t affect the players he will be gone sooner later.

I just want the club to have d good succession plan for when that day comes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Guys put yourselves in Top’s shoes for just a moment. We all want him to do the right thing for our club. That’s what he’s trying to do. There myst be a balance. Timing is everything. A plan as to be in place and if had to be vetted. Sacking the manager and drifting along with whoever is I’ll qualified temporarily doesn’t guarantee a change of fortune or success.

none of us wants these horrible performances to continue that is certain.

I also want the best outcome out of this and if they need time to do it so be it.

This season had to be saved from relegation. We survive we can then focus on a proper reset & rebuild. Rogers is a dead man walking if he can’t affect the players he will be gone sooner later.

I just want the club to have d good succession plan for when that day comes.

we are going to lose every game that rodgers is in charge. He is destroying our players mentally every day he stays in charge. There is absolutely no way there is any worse option than to keep him in this job. Top, the board and anyone with any control in this are absolutely letting us down and putting us down a path that we may not be able to recover from! 

He’s gone past sacking, the guy deserves a lumping! I’m terrified about the state of the club, we can’t seem to do even the small things correct… we are a shambles. I’ve lost any faith i had to trust the club and their process and i’m pretty certain the good times are long gone 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

I will probably get pelted for this but I'm increasingly beginning to think it's obvious that this is a case of somebody inheriting the wealth / business that hasn't got the same acumen as the one who initially helped to build it. It's frankly delusion if he's the reason Rodgers is still in charge and that's a kind of naivety that you'll pay a huge price for.

I've lost faith that we know what we're doing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I will probably get pelted for this but I'm increasingly beginning to think it's obvious that this is a case of somebody inheriting the wealth / business that hasn't got the same acumen as the one who initially helped to build it

Given the age, and circumstances of how Top inherited the club and business, I'm not fvcking surprised! 

But now he's getting slaughtered for it. 

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Our past record of sacking managers has been pretty good, CS, CP and CR.

It would have been easy to have given CR much longer after winning the league. 

Ranieri lost the dressing room, but as we found out afterwards he lost the coaches as well so I think the writing was deffo on the wall, just the media didn’t know that

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I will probably get pelted for this but I'm increasingly beginning to think it's obvious that this is a case of somebody inheriting the wealth / business that hasn't got the same acumen as the one who initially helped to build it. It's frankly delusion if he's the reason Rodgers is still in charge and that's a kind of naivety that you'll pay a huge price for.

I've lost faith that we know what we're doing.

Nah, I think you’re bang on. Nobody will knows the ins and outs but Top is only 37, it’s very plausible to suggest that Vichai accrued the wealth and was the fundamental reason as to why King Power were so successful.  

Maybe I am being cynical but there is definitely an element of Top inheriting this wealth and business empire only on a hereditary basis, not merit. 

This leaves him in a tough predicament, obviously the unforeseen circumstances that have arisen as a result of Covid will have been difficult, but he’s a bit clueless as to how you keep both afloat, imho. 

It isn’t solely this either, been many ‘minor’ decisions that have been made which have been bizarre. I suspect he lacks Vichai’ ruthlessness and ability to appoint good advisors.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Given the age, and circumstances of how Top inherited the club and business, I'm not fvcking surprised! 

I don't think it takes even an ordinary level of acumen to sack Rodgers at this point. It's some of the most baffling stuff I've ever seen in football.

35 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Nah, I think you’re bang on. Nobody will knows the ins and outs but Top is only 37, it’s very plausible to suggest that Vichai accrued the wealth and was the fundamental reason as to why King Power were so successful.  

Maybe I am being cynical but there is definitely an element of Top inheriting this wealth and business empire only on a hereditary basis, not merit. 

This leaves him in a tough predicament, obviously the unforeseen circumstances that have arisen as a result of Covid will have been difficult, but he’s a bit clueless as to how you keep both afloat, imho. 

It isn’t solely this either, been many ‘minor’ decisions that have been made which have been bizarre. I suspect he lacks Vichai’ ruthlessness and ability to appoint good advisors.

I don't dislike Top, if anybody read it like that then they were wrong but I think you're really now starting to see what Vichai brought laid bare.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He’s getting slaughtered by idiots on a means-nothing fan forum.

Not so sure he cares.