Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Whatever the function of Top; there’s always been a continuing failure to correct the poor performing parts of the club.

Ticketing recently going to a new extreme inviting members to tickets they can’t get or emailing people with the wrong type of priority points. 

But nearer to the playing side; we lost three blokes considered at the very top of their game; Paul Balsom (Sports Science), Sormaz (Analytics), Paul McGuinness (Youth). All three have slightly different length of spells but all three came to the same conclusion yet these should have been pillars of what the club did and does and will do. 

It suggest that that rung below Top isn’t very good. There’s a four eyed fella whose role as director of football seems to shapeshift subject to success. 

He's gone already?! What the ****?

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Whatever the function of Top; there’s always been a continuing failure to correct the poor performing parts of the club.

Ticketing recently going to a new extreme inviting members to tickets they can’t get or emailing people with the wrong type of priority points. 

But nearer to the playing side; we lost three blokes considered at the very top of their game; Paul Balsom (Sports Science), Sormaz (Analytics), Paul McGuinness (Youth). All three have slightly different length of spells but all three came to the same conclusion yet these should have been pillars of what the club did and does and will do. 

It suggest that that rung below Top isn’t very good. There’s a four eyed fella whose role as director of football seems to shapeshift subject to success. 

On the current showing I’m not sure they were doing that a great job and perhaps they were contributing to the atmosphere of instability. I 

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I find it bizarre that we went top spec training ground but in other areas we’re regressing and don’t seem to want to be truly elite. Nothing about Rudkin strikes me as being an elite performer.

I really do wonder where we’d be without Pearson. We saw the shit show before he joined and as the years go on and the influence of him or the people that were around at the time move on, it seems we head backwards in key areas. If the club wants to challenge at the top, it has to be a centre of innovation. Sod the turf academy, we should have a tech incubator.

One of the things that worries me is that when the racing operation started, Rudkin’s hands were in it - bloke can’t know shit about horses . I’m not getting at Whelan, she seems well regarded in many quarters but she’s been around KP ages. Seems once you’re in it and passed the bar you’ve got a job for life and not just in your role.

I’m just uncomfortable with that in general, albeit it’s a different world to what I’m used to or would enjoy

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I will probably get pelted for this but I'm increasingly beginning to think it's obvious that this is a case of somebody inheriting the wealth / business that hasn't got the same acumen as the one who initially helped to build it. It's frankly delusion if he's the reason Rodgers is still in charge and that's a kind of naivety that you'll pay a huge price for.

I've lost faith that we know what we're doing.

I wont pelt you, you speaking your opinion, and its as valid as someone saying top knows what hes doing.

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

On the current showing I’m not sure they were doing that a great job and perhaps they were contributing to the atmosphere of instability. I 

Balsom left over a year ago he was part of Pearson original staff for years ago. He’s at very top of his career - he was looking into really innovative stuff. 

Sormaz has gone to 777, a financial investor group who’ve bought a number of clubs and he’s leading up their analytics team. 

McGuinness lasted no more than 3 months in the youth set up. He’s literally the very best at developing youngsters. 

All have a proven track record or had a hand in our recent successes. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was a very interesting podcast that Paul Balsom did about six months into the Rodgers reign. He mentioned that basically the club (at the time) learned from the Ranieri experience that some roles require continuity regardless of manager and they should be non negotiables. This was a result of Ranieri who wanted to alter our training programme in 15/16 but was eventually persuaded otherwise by the Sports Science staff. He said Rodgers was supportive of the work they were doing. 

Yet Rodgers got chance to appoint three of his own blokes - analytical, recruitment and medical. Two have left because they were quite simply shit at their job. 

If we’ve got something like Seagrave, ****ing use it to its potential and get that infrastructure. The youth set up has been rotten for a long, long time for example with Rudkin’s mates for years staffing it and now one of their sons coaching one team! 

I think some of the saddest part in recent months is seeing the very infrastructure what made us forward thinking has been ignored or placed in disrepair. 

Rudkin is a problem.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was a very interesting podcast that Paul Balsom did about six months into the Rodgers reign. He mentioned that basically the club (at the time) learned from the Ranieri experience that some roles require continuity regardless of manager and they should be non negotiables. This was a result of Ranieri who wanted to alter our training programme in 15/16 but was eventually persuaded otherwise by the Sports Science staff. He said Rodgers was supportive of the work they were doing. 

Yet Rodgers got chance to appoint three of his own blokes - analytical, recruitment and medical. Two have left because they were quite simply shit at their job. 

The more you read and hear the more pissed off you get when it is claimed Rodgers hasn't been backed. We have gone all in on this regime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Also to say Rodgers is the ideal bloke for lots of the staff at City currently. The club went about appointing some really corporate people into roles. All peas in a pod. 

Brought in guys from both Spurs and PSG who are the epitome of corporate suits. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If we’ve got something like Seagrave, ****ing use it to its potential and get that infrastructure. The youth set up has been rotten for a long, long time for example with Rudkin’s mates for years staffing it and now one of their sons coaching one team! 

I think some of the saddest part in recent months is seeing the very infrastructure what made us forward thinking has been ignored or placed in disrepair. 

I remember listening to it. Balsom came in during Pearson’s first spell and I remember we were talked about being one of few outside the top flight (maybe even including the top flight at the time) pushing the boundaries with sports science. We now seem to have a training ground that screams elite not matched by a culture and strategy.

Why was Rodgers given the influence that he was?

Why does the club not strive to be elite and at the forefront in some aspects? Or does it think it is? Or is it and we’re just negative about it?

As I said in my edit (posted before I’d finished lol), if we want to challenge those with far better financial resources than us then we have to look to embrace new advances sooner than others and be innovative. Have an incubator or an R&D hub, have greater links to academia, be the first to embrace the new tools from startups. And that also means getting and retaining the right people and letting them run with things. The turnover of key staff in those key areas doesn’t look good, let alone accompanied with some of the reports.

• Like 2

What is clear is that under that very pleasant, exterior of Vichai, lay a hugely intelligent and successful businessman. 
He must have been ruthless when he had to be. 
It’s my belief that the club has taken a big downturn since his untimely death and that Top is most likely still suffering because of it. Both personally and in terms of running the King Power dynasty.

Heads should have rolled over the last two years or so, imo. And they haven’t done. This usually smacks of an owner who is reticent for some reason, to take the bigger decisions. 
This is all hypothetical on my part. But reading between the lines, that’s my take on the current situation.

The pandemic hit everybody and will continue to do so for years to come. Yet the net spend of Premiership clubs just this summer is c 2 billion. I can’t see Forest, or Villa, or Everton, or the big 6, not spending. 

Top it appears is weak, he isn’t a leader he is being lead (and deceived by parasites). Destined to stay in fathers shadow, will never put his own identity on to us as he just doesn’t appear to have the balls to make the big decisions when required.

If he doesn’t act, he is just as guilty for our decline as the charlatan manager. Man up and sort this shit out Top.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do agree with a lot of the talk on here with the man with the knowledge and know how of building an empire, no longer at the helm is an issue; people need to take the emotion and sentiment out of it. Owners can be generous and make poor decisions at the same time. I’d rather us be able to perform on the pitch and well ran than get a free doughnut every 6 months. 

Not seen anything on here but I have been told by two different people that when Vichai passed, he left Top his entire estate. Apparently his other children contested the will which has frozen a lot of assets until that is sorted. Only rumours obviously but I heard it from 2 different sources that are not friends. Maybe b.s but would explain a lot.

• Like 1

I think after his father's tragic death, Top put his faith in both Rudkin and Rodgers and gave then more authority, whilst he dealt with other businesses. His faith in those two has cost him, as Rudkin has destroyed the clubs finances by dishing out huge contracts and Rodgers has destroyed the playing side, because he's a twat. Top needs guidance,  but where's he going to get that from, Rudkin's going to cover his own back, as will Rodgers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I think after his father's tragic death, Top put his faith in both Rudkin and Rodgers and gave then more authority, whilst he dealt with other businesses. His faith in those two has cost him, as Rudkin has destroyed the clubs finances by dishing out huge contracts and Rodgers has destroyed the playing side, because he's a twat. Top needs guidance,  but where's he going to get that from, Rudkin's going to cover his own back, as will Rodgers.

top has to take some blame here