Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

Not bad for our first season in the Prem with Birmingham

Lucky of course that Arsenal and Man City were off it, but at least we took advantage!

Already have deals for a new right back and a new left back done to join us in the summer, not quite sure what other positions I want to improve yet, probably a right winger as although we have Madueke he does get injured quite a bit

image.png.3044a30c9cbdeca2a1875a416e3eee9c.png

Edited by moore_94

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not bad for our first season in the Prem with Birmingham

Lucky of course that Arsenal and Man City were off it, but at least we took advantage!

Already have deals for a new right back and a new left back done to join us in the summer, not quite sure what other positions I want to improve yet, probably a right winger as although we have Madueke he does get injured quite a bit

image.png.3044a30c9cbdeca2a1875a416e3eee9c.png

What's happened at Man City 😂

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What's happened at Man City 😂

Not quite sure! Still been spending loads of money, but somehow just looks like they have had a crap season

Pep has been sacked, I actually got offered the job but turned it down and they have brought in Kompany

Their squad is getting quite old now as well so it might actually get worse for them!

Just now, moore_94 said:

Not quite sure! Still been spending loads of money, but somehow just looks like they have had a crap season

Pep has been sacked, I actually got offered the job but turned it down and they have brought in Kompany

Their squad is getting quite old now as well so it might actually get worse for them!

Too many tycoon owners in the league now you've arrived haha

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Too many tycoon owners in the league now you've arrived haha

£75m and £150k extra wage budget to spend in the summer,

Had already spent about £30m upfront on the left back and right back I have signed before the budgets were even announced

Still only 17th for wage budget in the league as well

Just had the email through, spending just 28% of our turnover on wages as well

Edited by moore_94

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

£75m and £150k extra wage budget to spend in the summer,

Had already spent about £30m upfront on the left back and right back I have signed before the budgets were even announced

Still only 17th for wage budget in the league as well

Just had the email through, spending just 28% of our turnover on wages as well

Seems good to me that, although I haven't managed in the Prem or actually any top European league bar Portugal for years so unsure if it's good in comparison to other sides.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Seems good to me that, although I haven't managed in the Prem or actually any top European league bar Portugal for years so unsure if it's good in comparison to other sides.

Man City ended up winning the Champions League... lol

• Like 1

2 wonderkids who have been out on loan this season who I am really looking forward to bringing into the first team for next season

image.png.73c8818ea44d089207707cd6e1fad35b.png

Craig Cox - Came through the Birmingham youth system before I joined, was on loan at Club Brugge where they won the Belgian League, Belgian Cup, and Europa Conference League, and he also won the Europa Conference Young Player of the Season

image.thumb.png.d490c734e0f54c491e0857d7a804ba01.png

Toby Riley - Bought for £475k from Exeter, was on loan at Valencia who finished 6th and he scored 21 league goals and won the golden boot

image.thumb.png.6a6ffe412e419a1aceb04df1d65fcf29.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

You love to see it! lol

image.png.a563e4077fd02a1da725445daf1496af.png

The winning formula. There is no doubt. I've had the worst discipline in the league in 3/3 seasons with Paris so far. We're not quite Andorra, but we're not far off.

On 23/05/2023 at 18:21, Dan LCFC said:

Paris are going to Europe.

image.thumb.png.fe6254b5be836e21901337a1077a4f07.png

We complete a pretty remarkable season and will be in the Europa League group phase next season. We finished pretty badly with just 1 win in 7, but it was enough.

image.thumb.png.2b4c0303f6b540c3d1434ac25a8a4423.png

We were exceptional at home but pretty rubbish away. Funnily quirk is we only failed to score 5 times all season - and two of them were 0-0 draws with Metz, managed by, of shock horror, Claude Puel.

Rodgers manages Nice as well. Kisnorbo manages Lens lol 

I continue to be handed buttons to work with. I've been able to renew contracts with the exception of goalkeeper Ziga Frelih - somebody I brought in as backup initially who ended up making himself first choice, but we'd gone overbudget on wages so I couldn't offer him any more money, and Genoa took him on a free. Everyone else is sorted.

Ideally we're going to get some offers for our players to fatten our budget. I've been given £3mil to spend but barely anything on wages. I've admittedly got to take the blame on this because some of the younger players I bought in my first summer are simply on more than they're worth. They're not 'really' developing too well and I'd cash in on nearly all of them if I could given what I'm paying them.

I only had one player on loan who I can make permanent, and I want to but it will take up half of my budget and I don't know if it's actually the best use of resource at this point. I may bide my time on it and hope that Gladbach lower the demands on him.

The ideal sell I think is somebody like Aranda. I like him a lot, he's a good player, but I've got Munoz who can play his role just as well as him and some Romanian kid lined up to replace him if we get the £7-8mil he's supposedly worth.

Boateng had a great season but I think he's another who played above his real ability. The key for me is cashing in on the likes of these while we can. I've always been quite in favour of selling to my advantage, unless I have an absolute generational talent on my hands (unlikely at these yet) I'm happy to cash in because I can back myself 90% of the time to get somebody better for what I'd generate. For example Olmo last summer, paid £120k for him, sold him for £1.4mil and had a free agent lined up who was of a similar ability. On Olmo, I can cash in on clauses for him to take the fee up to about £3mil but I think I'll leave them to run unless we get desperate.

I have no big expectation of next season, but I didn't expect this at all. Predicted 18th, smallest wage bill in the league, but finished 5th.

Oh and most importantly we were appallingly behaved again. We had a red card in I think 7 of our 17 away games.

image.png.b831ba475c3a6a7327461aa0b906d733.png

2025/26 season - another pittance budget which I'm really disappointed by. I thought they would at least start to give us a bit more now we've actually made Europe but once again I'm having to pick carefully with signings.

We also sadly didn't manage to cash anybody in. Aranda as I pointed out was the main one attracting interest, mainly from Frankfurt and Espanyol but the offer never arrived. I'd even agreed to sign his replacement prior to it providing he moved but it never materialised so it fell through. The player I tried to sign is still available though, but I can't afford him.

image.thumb.png.eac50ef28be2c6fc684867e72799fe46.png

Been a much poorer season. We carried our poor finish from last season into this and were forced to rethink tactically again, but I think we look like we could get enough points to survive despite an absolutely abysmal start yet again. Europe's been in keeping with the league form really, underwhelming but then ultimately it's not really far off where I think the squad is actually at. I've still got to play Juventus away (gulp) and Club Brugge at home but 9 points is usually enough to get you through now I've noticed, so we ought to go on - but I don't see us going much further than the next round.

image.thumb.png.711813eb93f6303d8ec3241542d10ccb.png

image.thumb.png.f1104a2a891a920b4640e00c2add5318.png

Most of the signings have underwhelmed. Goalkeeper Klaesson has been pretty poor. I think on both 22 and 23 goalkeeper form has been so erratic and it's hard to judge who will actually be any good. I mean even last season it was my backup goalkeeper who performed best and this keeper I've signed is on paper, better than him, but he hasn't yet shown it.

Ranocchia and Maresic are both decent players but haven't really quite fit. I think they'll turn out OK for me in future. Biggest error was not signing Deumi Nappi permanently and I didn't do it because it would've cost too big a % of my budget - but to be honest I regret not bothering now.

The only real plus is I've asked for a bit more money and they've given it to me, and I've lined up a Turkish defender from Pacos who I think is of a similar ability to Deumi Nappi. I think we just have to get through this season without disaster, hopefully go on a bit of a run in Europe and kick on from next.

image.thumb.png.31b7f832954632ad0efbbb298f23834d.png

image.thumb.png.b3b226bdc7231feb944bcf096f87a967.png

In actual good news they've agreed to improve my youth intake and we've supposedly got an 'excellent' one this season, with a very good goalkeeper. But we'll see. These things are often not as promising as they sound. You would think being a Parisian club though we really ought to get decent players.

Haven't managed in Germany for a while, was looking around for a club and ended up settling on 1860 Munchen in the 3rd tier

Quite a few decent youth players, the best has to be Leandro Morgalla though, easily the best player at the club at just 18, first thing I did was get him on a new longer deal

image.thumb.png.efb2464cc1774fafb756af6d7f8d3d64.png

1st season is over with and we managed to win the league with just 78 points! We did draw quite a lot of games but look at how many those right below us lost as well

We also won the lower tier regional cup thing they have, we were the highest ranked team in the competition though so not really surprised

image.png.6463748e1557c946a44c5cddd26f82b3.png

Having a cracking first season at Bristol City currently. Will pop a few pics on later.

Have just had a bit of an unnecceserily mad one on January deadline day with loans though lol can't help myself, hoping it doesn't upset the balance, unbeaten in 18 with the majority of those wins.

Sold Alex Scott for 20m and got a loan back for the rest of the season, so i'm happy with that.

Sitting 2nd at present, behind Norwich who are pissing the league. 

So I’m playing on iPad and I’d like to create a save where I can fix LCFC from this current mess… so get rid of all the out of contract we have IRL and start in the Champ. Any idea how I could do that? I thought about starting a save, selling everyone and playing kids til relegation but that’ll get me fired every time…

I literally can’t get relegated. I’ve subbed a full season after playing Tete in goal and Iversen out wide and I’ve stayed up. Shows how ****ing outrageous this season has been 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KFS said:

So I’m playing on iPad and I’d like to create a save where I can fix LCFC from this current mess… so get rid of all the out of contract we have IRL and start in the Champ. Any idea how I could do that? I thought about starting a save, selling everyone and playing kids til relegation but that’ll get me fired every time…

I used the editor to reduce club income, load the club with debt, block all transfers for the first season and most importantly change the players who contracts expired in 2023 so they will not renew their contract (did this with Youri, Cags, Maddison,Perez). 

The start a save without managing a club and go on holiday until the end of the season and hope Leicester go down (most times this worked and Rodgers was sacked by Christmas!!).

Then add a new manager at the end of the season and take charge of Leicester and start the rebuild - if you don't load the club with debt etc its just too easy as players tend to sell for unrealistic values and you end up with a huge transfer budget.

edit* also changed the owner sugar daddy  status from underwriter to none, as this stops Top clearing the debts at the end of the season, which made things a bit more challenging with the rebuild. 

image.thumb.png.c9081d7966ea99e9421c3218641ccd83.png

Edited by turlo
more info
  • Like 1

Squad for the second season after being relegated. Barnes, Nacho and JJ were happy to stay after i promised to get promoted straight back to the them. Purchased Alex Scott and Ronnie Edwards + Moura on a free and promoted Braybrook & Alves as first team squad players

image.thumb.png.bcec1d94d6f3c94a167ba6a7f508cbcf.png

1 hour ago, turlo said:

I used the editor to reduce club income, load the club with debt, block all transfers for the first season and most importantly change the players who contracts expired in 2023 so they will not renew their contract (did this with Youri, Cags, Maddison,Perez). 

The start a save without managing a club and go on holiday until the end of the season and hope Leicester go down (most times this worked and Rodgers was sacked by Christmas!!).

Then add a new manager at the end of the season and take charge of Leicester and start the rebuild - if you don't load the club with debt etc its just too easy as players tend to sell for unrealistic values and you end up with a huge transfer budget.

edit* also changed the owner sugar daddy  status from underwriter to none, as this stops Top clearing the debts at the end of the season, which made things a bit more challenging with the rebuild. 

image.thumb.png.c9081d7966ea99e9421c3218641ccd83.png

Thanks, managed it and saved it so I have a starting place if ever I want to keep going back to this challenge. 

Beat WBA opening day then lost 3-1 to Cov after both Hamer and Goykeres failed work permit applications. That part of the game is so annoying 

On 01/06/2023 at 00:12, moore_94 said:

Haven't managed in Germany for a while, was looking around for a club and ended up settling on 1860 Munchen in the 3rd tier

Quite a few decent youth players, the best has to be Leandro Morgalla though, easily the best player at the club at just 18, first thing I did was get him on a new longer deal

image.thumb.png.efb2464cc1774fafb756af6d7f8d3d64.png

1st season is over with and we managed to win the league with just 78 points! We did draw quite a lot of games but look at how many those right below us lost as well

We also won the lower tier regional cup thing they have, we were the highest ranked team in the competition though so not really surprised

image.png.6463748e1557c946a44c5cddd26f82b3.png

He's playing in France on mine. Came up as a recommended signing for me but we didn't have the funds. Looked really good though.

On 30/05/2023 at 19:01, Dan LCFC said:

2025/26 season - another pittance budget which I'm really disappointed by. I thought they would at least start to give us a bit more now we've actually made Europe but once again I'm having to pick carefully with signings.

We also sadly didn't manage to cash anybody in. Aranda as I pointed out was the main one attracting interest, mainly from Frankfurt and Espanyol but the offer never arrived. I'd even agreed to sign his replacement prior to it providing he moved but it never materialised so it fell through. The player I tried to sign is still available though, but I can't afford him.

image.thumb.png.eac50ef28be2c6fc684867e72799fe46.png

Been a much poorer season. We carried our poor finish from last season into this and were forced to rethink tactically again, but I think we look like we could get enough points to survive despite an absolutely abysmal start yet again. Europe's been in keeping with the league form really, underwhelming but then ultimately it's not really far off where I think the squad is actually at. I've still got to play Juventus away (gulp) and Club Brugge at home but 9 points is usually enough to get you through now I've noticed, so we ought to go on - but I don't see us going much further than the next round.

image.thumb.png.711813eb93f6303d8ec3241542d10ccb.png

image.thumb.png.f1104a2a891a920b4640e00c2add5318.png

Most of the signings have underwhelmed. Goalkeeper Klaesson has been pretty poor. I think on both 22 and 23 goalkeeper form has been so erratic and it's hard to judge who will actually be any good. I mean even last season it was my backup goalkeeper who performed best and this keeper I've signed is on paper, better than him, but he hasn't yet shown it.

Ranocchia and Maresic are both decent players but haven't really quite fit. I think they'll turn out OK for me in future. Biggest error was not signing Deumi Nappi permanently and I didn't do it because it would've cost too big a % of my budget - but to be honest I regret not bothering now.

The only real plus is I've asked for a bit more money and they've given it to me, and I've lined up a Turkish defender from Pacos who I think is of a similar ability to Deumi Nappi. I think we just have to get through this season without disaster, hopefully go on a bit of a run in Europe and kick on from next.

image.thumb.png.31b7f832954632ad0efbbb298f23834d.png

image.thumb.png.b3b226bdc7231feb944bcf096f87a967.png

Had a strange second half of the season, we hit some really good form and at one point were up to 7th despite the fact we'd started so terribly, but we ended up losing our last 5 games and finishing 11th. So ultimately it was a dreadful start, very good middle, and dreadful finish. Given I had a bottom half Ligue 1 level squad and was competing in the Europa League I'm not unhappy with my season.

image.thumb.png.05862d93807120a9fa4cbd31dcd29f55.png

Europa League was funny. We secured our passage to the round of 24 by beating Scott Parker's Club Brugge, to be met with... Scott Parker's Club Brugge, and lost quite convincingly this time. We were terrible and it forced me to really rethink our tactics. I went back to a more conservative 4-2-3-1 but the weak finish has spooked me a bit. Luckily we've finally got a bit of money to spend, a £9mil budget so I want to get in some proper gamechangers this time, found one in particular in Denmark who I think could be a real gem of a player for us.

Funny quirk - Brendan Rodgers' Nice bottled the title on the final day by drawing at Claude Puel's Metz. I shouldn't be wishing success on PSG as manager of PFC, and this directly helps their aims, but this was very welcomed. I voted the managers of PSG, Montpellier and even Puel himself ahead of Rodgers for manager of the season, owing much to my bitterness towards the man, although he still ended up taking the award. He had a good season but fell short, really is eerie realism. Though Nice are extremely wealthy now, they're not actually that far off PSG squad wise at this point.

PSG hilariously went out of the Champions League to Wolfsburg so they're still on 0 CL wins. Would be fantastic if we managed to beat them to it, but I do feel I'm probably going to have to win it twice as I think they will get it before we do.

We're putting some good building blocks in. Got a world class head of youth development, improved youth intakes and money to spend. Think my aim this season has to be Europe.

Edited by Dan LCFC

I need help, I just started to play this game and I am managing in the Germany League (Hoffenheim). My question is about the youth team/b team.

I have some players who have high potential ability, but they are on the Under-19 team and B team, do they grow if they are constantly being played on those teams or would it be better if I sent them out on loan?

At this time, I don't have much space for them in the first team, they would be playing very infrequently, don't want them doing nothing.

Thanks  for the help.

1 hour ago, ShadowKing said:

I need help, I just started to play this game and I am managing in the Germany League (Hoffenheim). My question is about the youth team/b team.

I have some players who have high potential ability, but they are on the Under-19 team and B team, do they grow if they are constantly being played on those teams or would it be better if I sent them out on loan?

At this time, I don't have much space for them in the first team, they would be playing very infrequently, don't want them doing nothing.

Thanks  for the help.

As long as you are able to find them a loan where they are going to be a regular starter or above I would say loan them out

I also tend to look at club facilities to make sure they are good enough, where the club is expected to finish in the league, what competition the player would have in his position etc. all just to try and make sure they are going to the best option

Unless you have a database I believe their B Team won't actually be in a league or playing competitive games for at least the 1st season either so would definitely be worth loaning those players out

• Like 1