Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I've been clean for 5 years now. It's taken incredible strength.

Every year it's a struggle (especially when it's on Gamepass day-one) but I'm determined to remain off FM for good.

I won't be beaten by temptation.

It's great though isn't it? Go on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

It's great though isn't it? Go on.

Played since CM2 in 1996, and eventually I was pumping 600+ hours into it in the latter years.

I tell myself I’m better off without it and I’m using my free time more constructively (I’m probably not)

16 hours ago, Rain King said:

Was resigned to not getting it this year. Laptop about had it and I've been playing less and less each year.

The fact that it's gonna be on the PS5 has just drawn me right back in.

What's it actually like on a console (for those who use XBOX already...)

I do so much typing and clicking around etc on FM that I can't imagine the usability being there on console.

Speaking from a position of never seeing it on console but genuinely can't imagine how it transitions, my favourite bit of the game is being able to do things quickly, type quickly, click and drag quickly etc.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I do so much typing and clicking around etc on FM that I can't imagine the usability being there on console.

Speaking from a position of never seeing it on console but genuinely can't imagine how it transitions, my favourite bit of the game is being able to do things quickly, type quickly, click and drag quickly etc.

Not seen it on console either to be fair.

Might have to plug a mouse in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I tried it once using a controller and it was absolutely horrible IMO. Took ages to do anything.

However the Xbox is compatible with a keyboard and mouse and someone said on here before that is by far the best way to play it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I tried it once using a controller and it was absolutely horrible IMO. Took ages to do anything.

However the Xbox is compatible with a keyboard and mouse and someone said on here before that is by far the best way to play it. 

Yeah I guess essentialy that means you just get an amazing processor/better graphics but you're still essentially set up like you're on PC.

Sounds good when you put it like that :P 

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah I guess essentialy that means you just get an amazing processor/better graphics but you're still essentially set up like you're on PC.

Sounds good when you put it like that :P 

Think I'll maybe give it another try. But yeah, you can load up loads of leagues (although the selection isn't as big) without any performance dip which is great. I can't imagine the Xbox has a player database anywhere near as big as the PC version, mind. 

The interface takes a bit of getting used to. And it seemed like a more streamlined experience... More akin to what I imagine the touch / classic modes are like, which is what some people prefer. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

quite like the look of the new Squad Planner or whatever it's called. 

As usual it seems evolutionary rather than revolutionary but I'll be buying it all the same!

Yeah the planner is something simple but I feel it will be used a lot by players of the game 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2022 at 11:01, RoboFox said:

Using the focus navigation has been improved again, but a lot of people like to switch to the mouse emulation by pressing down on the left joystick. This adds a cursor to the screen that you move about with the left stick.

Edited by Ricey
  • Thanks 1

On 09/09/2022 at 11:26, RoboFox said:

Think I'll maybe give it another try. But yeah, you can load up loads of leagues (although the selection isn't as big) without any performance dip which is great. I can't imagine the Xbox has a player database anywhere near as big as the PC version, mind. 

The interface takes a bit of getting used to. And it seemed like a more streamlined experience... More akin to what I imagine the touch / classic modes are like, which is what some people prefer. 

Xbox, PS5 and Touch (Switch and Apple Arcade) are the same game with minor differences such as the amount of leagues that you can load.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The Planner was an idea of mine and I did the designs for it a couple of years a go, but it got pushed back two years running.

I haven’t tried it out yet as I’ve left SI now, but it’s pretty close to my original designs. Looking forward to seeing if it’s good enough to replace pen and paper!

I also did the original designs for the Recruitment revamp, so the idea is that the Planner ties in nicely with Recruitment Meetings and the new Recruitment Focus system.

Really looking forward to the planner, something I have wanted for ages

Save me having to do it on Excel / paper haha

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The Planner was an idea of mine and I did the designs for it a couple of years a go, but it got pushed back two years running.

I haven’t tried it out yet as I’ve left SI now, but it’s pretty close to my original designs. Looking forward to seeing if it’s good enough to replace pen and paper!

Fun that you used to work there, I didn’t know that.

Might be before your time, but when I first moved down to London to chase the  dream, I lived in the Old Street area whilst I interned in the music biz.

Worked in the evenings at what was then the William Blake (now called The Sports Bar I think) which was at the time directly below SI’s offices.

Miles and the team would frequently come in for lunch and meetings. He always struck me as a bit of a ball-buster.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Fun that you used to work there, I didn’t know that.

Might be before your time, but when I first moved down to London to chase the  dream, I lived in the Old Street area whilst I interned in the music biz.

Worked in the evenings at what was then the William Blake (now called The Sports Bar I think) which was at the time directly below SI’s offices.

Miles and the team would frequently come in for lunch and meetings. He always struck me as a bit of a ball-buster.

I was there nearly 14 years (started in 2008), so I certainly remember the Blake. Saw some pretty epic fights in there!