Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2023 at 19:38, casablancas said:

Anyone made a maresca esque tactic work? Mines no good lol  It is very exciting though. I’d upload a screeny but apparently too big 

Spoke too soon. Top of the league well joint on 60 pts after 23 games with Leeds second. Through to the 1/4 finals of the carabao cup after beating; forest A 2-1, Brentford H 3-0 and Palace H 1-0. Kels is on fire, casadei, winks and faes all bossing the league. 

On 28/08/2023 at 20:41, casablancas said:

Spoke too soon. Top of the league well joint on 60 pts after 23 games with Leeds second. Through to the 1/4 finals of the carabao cup after beating; forest A 2-1, Brentford H 3-0 and Palace H 1-0. Kels is on fire, casadei, winks and faes all bossing the league. 

I had a go at recreating it. 

Basically vertical tika takka

Edited by Ashley

• 2 weeks later...

After some pinters trying to recreate Enzos tactics in FM23 (i used editor to replicate our transfers in and out this season)

To replicate Ricardo inverting into a midfield double pivot, is it better to play a back 3 with him as an inverted wing back, or play a back 4 with him as an inverted full back with the left sided defender as a wide centre back?

cheers

image.thumb.png.842a2e17a5be0d0785869286fb42a9a9.png
image.thumb.png.96a2c409a9d08d0611f2574b2c64f16b.png

10 minutes ago, turlo said:

After some pinters trying to recreate Enzos tactics in FM23 (i used editor to replicate our transfers in and out this season)

To replicate Ricardo inverting into a midfield double pivot, is it better to play a back 3 with him as an inverted wing back, or play a back 4 with him as an inverted full back with the left sided defender as a wide centre back?

cheers

image.thumb.png.842a2e17a5be0d0785869286fb42a9a9.png
image.thumb.png.96a2c409a9d08d0611f2574b2c64f16b.png

Looks like this guy has already given it a go by re-creating it from Peps version

But it does look like the role Ricardo plays is the main problem trying to recreate it

I think best option might by the 1st one you suggested with a back 3 with Ricardo further forward as you can then also set Faes to be a wide centre back

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-2023-pep-guardiola-man-city-tactics-new-3-2-4-1-formation/

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Anyone elses board just not bother letting you improve your junior coaching? Look at the state of my facilities - yet they think ours are 'good enough'. We're in ****ing Paris, we have so much talent being pissed away!!!

image.png.a7678869e083496f5ca3638ea1ddd0fa.png

That's a bit bizarre.

However, junior coaching has absolutely no impact on the talent you get. It only affects the CA of your youth intakes, which is still quite important as it reduces the time needed to get them ready for the first team, but it has no bearing on their PA.

Youth Recruitment and Club Reputation are the crucial (and only) ones when determining how many of the yearly high PA youth intakes end up at your club.

Edit: to expand on that, the game ranks the various clubs according to their YR rating first, then their club reputation. Top club gets the highest proportion of high PA players that year.

The size of the pools and the crossover of certain pools is far more unclear.

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, shen said:

That's a bit bizarre.

However, junior coaching has absolutely no impact on the talent you get. It only affects the CA of your youth intakes, which is still quite important as it reduces the time needed to get them ready for the first team, but it has no bearing on their PA.

Youth Recruitment and Club Reputation are the crucial (and only) ones when determining how many of the yearly high PA youth intakes end up at your club.

Edit: to expand on that, the game ranks the various clubs according to their YR rating first, then their club reputation. Top club gets the highest proportion of high PA players that year.

The size of the pools and the crossover of certain pools is far more unclear.

I get you - I must admit I forget the specifics and just think "improve everything". It is bizarre though, they can't even play the "we don't focus on youth and want you to buy ready made" as they've improved my youth facilities a few times.

On 14/09/2023 at 17:08, Dan LCFC said:

I get you - I must admit I forget the specifics and just think "improve everything". It is bizarre though, they can't even play the "we don't focus on youth and want you to buy ready made" as they've improved my youth facilities a few times.

Yeah, it's likely something hardcoded into the game.

I'm currently playing FM21 with Dresden and I'm swimming in cash. I was able to upgrade to state-of-the-art training & youth facilities as well as excellent junior coaching and youth recruitment. 

The latter two seemingly cannot get higher (same level as Bayern, Dortmund etc).

But the bizarre one here is that I cannot have more than 7 coaches, which means I'm missing some stars in training.

I have space for 18 scouts and 9 physios, but they would rather fire me than give me another coach 😅

• Like 1

On 13/09/2023 at 23:43, Dan LCFC said:

Anyone elses board just not bother letting you improve your junior coaching? Look at the state of my facilities - yet they think ours are 'good enough'. We're in ****ing Paris, we have so much talent being pissed away!!!

image.png.a7678869e083496f5ca3638ea1ddd0fa.png

This would annoy me so much, just for how it looks

On 17/09/2023 at 20:52, Tommy Fresh said:

This would annoy me so much, just for how it looks

They've now upgraded it after I randomly asked again. It's now 'good'. "We're in good form so we thought to approve it" - nothing to do with the fact we have a bank balance of over £100mil and we're a totally transformed club from when I took over, but beating Amiens and Lorient was the real clincher. Fvck me.

• Haha 2

On 15/09/2023 at 20:46, shen said:

Yeah, it's likely something hardcoded into the game.

I'm currently playing FM21 with Dresden and I'm swimming in cash. I was able to upgrade to state-of-the-art training & youth facilities as well as excellent junior coaching and youth recruitment. 

The latter two seemingly cannot get higher (same level as Bayern, Dortmund etc).

But the bizarre one here is that I cannot have more than 7 coaches, which means I'm missing some stars in training.

I have space for 18 scouts and 9 physios, but they would rather fire me than give me another coach 😅

Yeah that's very weird, like I just said above I almost wonder if it is massively overplaying form in this instance. Wait until you've hit a few wins and they'll approve it.

Loved doing a pentagon on FM22 but forgot how satisfying it is just building a club up from nothing. My Paris side are an absolute machine now. I pretty much play my youngsters in most league games and we're still hitting most teams 3-0+. Still haven't finished above PSG though. Forgot how near to FM24 we actually are - two Champions Leagues before PSG get another might come too soon.

Edited by Dan LCFC

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah that's very weird, like I just said above I almost wonder if it is massively overplaying form in this instance. Wait until you've hit a few wins and they'll approve it.

Loved doing a pentagon on FM22 but forgot how satisfying it is just building a club up from nothing. My Paris side are an absolute machine now. I pretty much play my youngsters in most league games and we're still hitting most teams 3-0+. Still haven't finished above PSG though. Forgot how near to FM24 we actually are - two Champions Leagues before PSG get another might come too soon.

I finished my first season in the Bundesliga in 3rd with 58 points, behind Schalke and runaway stompers Dortmund.

Sensationally finished 1st the next season as a 100-1 outsider with just 68 points, a record low for a Bundesliga champion 🤣 completely botched both run-ins as well, never been this fortunate. Dortmund and Bayern didn't even finish in the CL spots. 

Best part is that the gracious board finally gave me ONE more coach position 😆

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2023 at 20:51, moore_94 said:

Even on FM he manages to piss me off

image.png.fdd7512da0fb531ac8ea5bc948d690d2.png

I can somehow go one better than this. He manages PSG on mine.

image.thumb.png.5db845935994f7d88b91c69e57510b54.png

We're unbelievably unlucky. We'd be winning the league in literally any other season but they've somehow won 16 games in a row. We play them at home next - if we don't beat them it's over I think, which is remarkable given we're still likely to hit 86/87 points.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can somehow go one better than this. He manages PSG on mine.

image.thumb.png.5db845935994f7d88b91c69e57510b54.png

We're unbelievably unlucky. We'd be winning the league in literally any other season but they've somehow won 16 games in a row. We play them at home next - if we don't beat them it's over I think, which is remarkable given we're still likely to hit 86/87 points.

Beat them 1-0 in the 95th minute lol game on!

• Like 1