Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Man v Fat

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

League champions. Weight loss champions. Cup winners. Individual most weight lost. A clean sweep of all the trophies and awards. But most importantly, over 2 stone lost in ten weeks. 

19B1B4F9-EFD7-42F7-A009-F9BECC927C38.jpeg

Fair play.

Oh, and if you’re struggling for Christmas ideas:

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-wisteria-cotton-pyjama-set/white-multi/p5299979?size=14

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The ‘before’ picture is quite unflattering- more than the ‘now’ picture. I’m looking forward to the ‘this is the thin bloke these days and all the rest were real porkers’ image. 

But still, 20% weight lost. 

Big up the footy, diet and cycling/karate. 

78276C22-4CF3-4D43-8D9B-1731AFFF4F34.jpeg

8F24D4FA-0A7E-4426-BE3C-134B22C452C0.jpeg

Wow, looks like a completely different bloke. Good on ya mate :appl:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wow, looks like a completely different bloke. Good on ya mate :appl:

Targeting cycling LEJOG in 2024. Going to be shifting a whole stack more weight before then. MvF has really helped me to keep focussed week on week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

The ‘before’ picture is quite unflattering- more than the ‘now’ picture. I’m looking forward to the ‘this is the thin bloke these days and all the rest were real porkers’ image. 

Brilliant work!

Keep it up mate! (The weight loss that is...lol )

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

You've gone from looking 65 to 55

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

Good on you, mate. I've lost nearly five stone since when I was at my heaviest five and a half years ago. I was 19 stone 2 at the age of 21. I can't believe what I did to myself. I'm so happy that I am in relatively decent shape now. I still want to another stone. 

Before and after pictures available upon request. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Fair pay you’ve done a good job, have you been logging calories? I’m current looking to lose a couple of stone by summer. 

Nope. Calorie counting is complete bollocks imo. 

I do 2-3hrs of cardio a day and eat a bowl of muesli & fruit, a sandwich & fruit, and soup. Energy out > energy in. 

Plus I give myself one day off a week for gin & diet tonic and some shit food. This week I’m having two days off as I need a bit of a break. 

Going to lob the plan in the bin for our holiday next month then, when we get back, I’m beginning my training to do LEJOG on bicycle so will probably increase my daily carb intake. 

Oh, and I got into the whole gut bioculture thing. 

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Nope. Calorie counting is complete bollocks imo. 

I do 2-3hrs of cardio a day and eat a bowl of muesli & fruit, a sandwich & fruit, and soup. Energy out > energy in. 

Plus I give myself one day off a week for gin & diet tonic and some shit food. This week I’m having two days off as I need a bit of a break. 

Going to lob the plan in the bin for our holiday next month then, when we get back, I’m beginning my training to do LEJOG on bicycle so will probably increase my daily carb intake. 

Oh, and I got into the whole gut bioculture thing. 

But calories are energy, so along as calories consumed are less than calories burned you lose weight. So same thing, great job anyway. I lost about 8 stone some years back so know the feeling, it’s all about consistency with whatever you do as long as it works. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2023 at 19:42, Unabomber said:

But calories are energy, so along as calories consumed are less than calories burned you lose weight. So same thing, great job anyway. I lost about 8 stone some years back so know the feeling, it’s all about consistency with whatever you do as long as it works. 

Absolutely correct but I'd add that you shouldn't use calorie counting apps like myfitnesspal for an extended time, they can be an easy gateway to disordered eating habits and seeing food as numbers. Also, I think the revelation for a lot of people can be reducing their consumption of things you wouldn't expect are high in calories like oil and peanut butter.