Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Facebook marketplace

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Oh, it knows :giggle:

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Which is where this started - presumably FB are fully aware that they are being used as an online knocking shop ……

More pertinently, it knows what you're looking at to display these adverts to you 😉 😂

I’ve noticed these and I don’t think it’s what you think it is. I think it’s just some chancers stealing some pictures of girls to get you to click on their ad for some student bedroom-spec furniture.

For what it’s worth, Facebook Marketplace is the absolute worst of the worst anyway. I would never buy or sell anything on there. It’s just a fleamarket for simpletons. Stolen bikes, stolen power tools and other assorted junk. Brought to you by Britain’s dumbest cretins. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If no one else has seen these then i’m concerned about my cookies …….

I've had one. Mrs Para questioned me... a lot. I have no idea why I was targeted, and I reported it as inappropriate. Not that made much difference as I now get things pop up on FT suggesting I could meet young, lonely Polish women. :nono: 

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

More pertinently, it knows what you're looking at to display these adverts to you 😉 😂

But how come I get some suggestions about finding a "date" when I have never looked at such a site, but I don't get any suggestions about new tyres?

16 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is Facebook still a thing these days?..

It is for old farts like me. 

My kids tell telling me to get on something called 'Instergramme'? instead but it sounds complicated :unsure: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

You need to download Grindr. 

Trust me on this.

All the cool married men are on it :thumbup:

Thought this was something to do with exotic birds, overheard my mate saying he used it to get a cockatoo.

• Haha 3