Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Netherlands Vs Argentina - Friday 9th December - 19:00

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I will never ever fathom that there are people who couldn't ever get into football.

This proves it for me. So much is wrong with the game but you will always have brilliant, thrilling matches. An unbelievable sport.

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

So 18 yellows, a red for a player already subbed, Denzel Dumfries after the shoot out and not a single mention that I can find of Messi's blatant handball almost identical to the one in the Brazil/Croatia game.

Considering the media made such a fuss regarding Japan's goal where were the post debates over this as Messi was so instrumental in Argentina's win? Parades should also have seen red for his tackle on Ake and cause the raucous afterwards.

They say there's no bias by FIFA, UEFA and Refs and we're meant to believe it.

Did FIFA really want Argentina to join Spain, Germany and Belgium? Makes you think. :dunno:

Neither do the Qatar government. Was at the game last night fantastic atmosphere Dutch were poor up until 85 mins (at the 80th minute i was actually considering going home to beat the crowd) anyway should the Agries have lost the place would have been deserted as the only remaining overseas fans  are a horde of Argentineans, and smatterings of English (at lot of English fans come from Dubai on gameday) Croats and Portuguese. Other than the Argies, its is the many locally based Moroccan fans (Qatar has quite a large Moroccan expat population) that are keeping the place entertained.    

Wasn't the Argentina player who booted the ball into the Dutch bench already on a yellow?

More this tournament plays out the more I think this has been laid out on a platter for Messi. Qatar Foundation's dealings with Barca, the Qatari owned PSG then picking Leo up on a Bosman, them being given the Lusail Stadium for nearly all of their games which was clearly laid out if they'd won their group, and the amount of fans they have out there is insane - I thought Argentina was weathering severe economical issues at the moment, yet more of them have made it over then anyone else ... bar Indian subcontinent workers/fans.

Nice to see the games getting fiesty though. And agree with Messi, the referee was completely out of his depth. Carries himself with a swagger but no-one respects him, seen multiple games of his now where he's lost control.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Wasn't the Argentina player who booted the ball into the Dutch bench already on a yellow?

More this tournament plays out the more I think this has been laid out on a platter for Messi. Qatar Foundation's dealings with Barca, the Qatari owned PSG then picking Leo up on a Bosman, them being given the Lusail Stadium for nearly all of their games which was clearly laid out if they'd won their group, and the amount of fans they have out there is insane - I thought Argentina was weathering severe economical issues at the moment, yet more of them have made it over then anyone else ... bar Indian subcontinent workers/fans.

Nice to see the games getting fiesty though. And agree with Messi, the referee was completely out of his depth. Carries himself with a swagger but no-one respects him, seen multiple games of his now where he's lost control.

Got this bit wrong, Paredes came on as a sub in the 65th instead of being booked that minute

23 hours ago, Super_horns said:

But the Netherlands did get a free kick in the last minute to score from - after 11 minutes of injury time .

Would they get that if FIFA are biased to Argentina?

And you'd imagine if there was a bias towards Argentina, they'd have applied the rules and disallowed the Dutch goal from the free kick!

33 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

And you'd imagine if there was a bias towards Argentina, they'd have applied the rules and disallowed the Dutch goal from the free kick!

What was wrong with it - no one mentioned any issue?

Everyone just said it was a great bit of imagination.

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I didn't spot it myself at the time, but I saw someone point out that a Netherlands player was within a yard of the wall. Looking at it, they might well be right!

Probably would have been a riot if that had been ruled out !

There was enough fighting and bitterness as it was .