Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxFromCoalville

Southampton Away Sat 4th March 17:30

34 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

If tickets still available with just over two weeks to go, how likely are tickets to go on general sale or do they never put away tickets on general sale ?

the closest you'll get is 'with at least 1 priority point', which I think happened last year.

Edited by Strawberry_Jam

Really fancy this but I see engineering works expected on the Southampton - Waterloo route and I don't fancy the 2 and a half hour slow train. Not the first game I haven't done this season because of worries over unreliable trains. 

How amazing would away football trips be if we actually had a decent functioning rail network in this country. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bovril said:

Really fancy this but I see engineering works expected on the Southampton - Waterloo route and I don't fancy the 2 and a half hour slow train. Not the first game I haven't done this season because of worries over unreliable trains. 

You can get back to London faster if you change at Reading, and go to Paddington.

eg Depart Southampton Central 2015, change at Reading, arrive Paddington 21.37.   That's only 1h 22 mins.   

(and there are lots of trains from Reading to London, so you're shouldn't get stuck there even if the train from Southampton is a bit late)

I think it's the same price, whether you go direct to Waterloo or via Reading ... well it certainly is for my through ticket to Southampton

Engineering works are frustrating, but it's an unavoidable occasional inconvenience that is necessary on any railway network.    It's more annoying when trains just don't run at all, for other reasons (which I'm sure you can work out for yourself).