Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Bolton Match Thread

Levein gets what he deserves and Sheehan makes more attacking impact in five minutes than any other left back has for Leicester in weeks.

Morale of the story: Get a f'''''g manager who appreciates him instead on continually playing people out of position.

Levein, once again, never tried to win that game (apart for three minutes at the end of 90) he only responded with a genuine attacking move once we were 2-0 down.

Sheehan should have been on after 70 minutes when Bolton started rocking a little. Tactical cock-up.

Never mind. He'll get loads of praise for going into extra time all square. But he'll get sod all from me.

Oh well. Not a big loss.

Sorry. I get upset when people ignore the blindingly obvious.

Well its obvious Levein thinks that Sheehan isn't ready to play 1st team yet, he's the manager you aint. deal with it.

Too sodding right.

I've had to put up with lots of people implying that how we play doesn't matter a damn so long as we win.

I've had to put up with lots of people ridiculing the idea of playing attacking full-backs over the last few weeks.

Well 4-5-1 and negative football didn't win, did it?. And I can't see any merit at all in the manner of defeat. Not a single shot in 90 minutes. My God you're easily pleased.

I've had to put up with lots of people implying that how we play doesn't matter a damn so long as we win.

I've had to put up with lots of people ridiculing the idea of playing attacking full-backs over the last few weeks.

Well 4-5-1 and negative football didn't win, did it?. And I can't see any merit at all in the manner of defeat. Not a single shot in 90 minutes. My God you're easily pleased.

I'm not pleased. Not overly annoyed though. I expected us to lose.

if we'd gone out all attack, ok it might have worked, but we might have shipped a few. i just try not to let it bother me. let's get back to the league and pick up from where we left off on saturday. remember? just think of that, smith and hume back in, more attacking, bring on leeds.

Sorry. I get upset when people ignore the blindingly obvious.

Well what did you expect. we had to stop them playing, beacuse bealive it or not they can play a damn site better then we can. I also think it's time you excepted Alan Sheehan will get his chance, we all want him to get in the team. It's matter of being patient.

Well done to the lads and the manager tonight.

Levein gets what he deserves and Sheehan makes more attacking impact in five minutes than any other left back has for Leicester in weeks.

Morale of the story: Get a f'''''g manager who appreciates him instead on continually playing people out of position.

I can counter your logic by pointing to formation changes and the general need for the whole team to attack as causes for Leicester's impetus to get forward.

But you know, Leicester really ought to go play their UEFA Cup-qualifying opposition off the pitch even with most of their attacking options unable to play.

I think Levein was more concerned with getting the "Bolton 0" half of the scoreline in the first 90 minutes and I can't fault him for that.

how can you complain with 4-5-1?

we have our best striker cup-tied, our next best injured, and i'd never again want to see dublin up there with de vries. Shall we just pluck a striker out the air? And don't give this chambers rubbish, bolton are 6th in the premiership and still in the UEFA cup, they can't be too bad a side...

EDIT: plus, not many people moaned about 4-5-1 after we beat chalton

I can counter your logic by pointing to formation changes and the general need for the whole[/i] team to attack as causes for Leicester's impetus to get forward.

But you know, Leicester really ought to go play their UEFA Cup-qualifying opposition off the pitch even with most of their attacking options unable to play.

I think Levein was more concerned with getting the "Bolton 0" half of the scoreline in the first 90 minutes and I can't fault him for that.

Don't try and saddle me with that second paragraph. I well knew our attacking options were limited - and said so earlier - but all the more reason not to ignore someone who gives us a reasonable chance of breaking through.

Well I can't be arsed to trawl through 24 pages.

But I'm proud of the performance and result. Sure a couple of pieces of crap defending cost us, but we held 6th placed Bolton at their own ground for more than 90 minutes.

Levein deserves a lot of credit for this game, I expected us to get walked over but it was anything but. It shows we can play well when up against it. This game should give us hope for our next few tough away games.

if we'd gone out all attack, ok it might have worked, but we might have shipped a few. i just try not to let it bother me. let's get back to the league and pick up from where we left off on saturday. remember? just think of that, smith and hume back in, more attacking, bring on leeds.

I never suggested all out attack either today or in the preview threads. Just that we used our best attacking full-back 20-25 minutes from the end of 90 minutes when it might have forged a breakthrough.

It was no USE leaving it until we were 2-0 down.

Agreed. we are not Arsenal we dont have the attacking players they do in any postion, even when the whole team is available.

Therefore we cannot play attacking flowing football every week against a top 6 premier league side.

This Ashley Chambers thing is really getting on my nerves now I wouldnt even mind if it was Dodds, The boy is 15 Years old and has been for a scan on his knee within the last week. What exactly on earth makes you think he's going to have the football brain experince and skill to be able to best CB's like Jardi. Why should we send out a 15 year old who in your words could be the best finisher we have had here since Since G.L to play on a bad knee.

I dont know what the extent is but its obvious he's not 100% fit.

Archived