Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Clubs like Southend are still acting on Full Time model rather than part time, it's Southend choice. If Southend did go part time, then they probably would be able to work financial better in terms of players wages. I think the issue is some ex football league clubs after spending three years or more in the national league they are still working as a full time outfit playing over the odds on wages. 

Kettering aren’t acting on a full-time model. 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

At them prices you think they were.

I mean...just read Daggers post on the last page which explains the decision.

They're clearly not investing it into the squad based on the first 3 results :D

Daggers getting a baptism by fire into non-league this year so far. No doubt they'd have sorted the form on the pitch by the time Coalville get to them :D 

I missed last nights game, but judging by twitter Snedker was massive, I really hope Hart is decent as going back to Whitey will feel like a massive downgrade lol It's been so long since we've had a match winning keeper play for us.

9 goals in 2 games and coupld probably have been 15. Concerning number of chances given up yesterday but Bromsgrove had gone and won 4-0 at Royston at the weekend, so clearly no mugs this year.

Cookie is gonna be a revelation this year, we've not had someone capable of dropping deep to get the ball in the middle and be able to carry it forwards. Shocked that Rushall didn't have a place for him to be honest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Daggers getting a baptism by fire into non-league this year so far. No doubt they'd have sorted the form on the pitch by the time Coalville get to them :D 

I missed last nights game, but judging by twitter Snedker was massive, I really hope Hart is decent as going back to Whitey will feel like a massive downgrade lol It's been so long since we've had a match winning keeper play for us.

9 goals in 2 games and coupld probably have been 15. Concerning number of chances given up yesterday but Bromsgrove had gone and won 4-0 at Royston at the weekend, so clearly no mugs this year.

Cookie is gonna be a revelation this year, we've not had someone capable of dropping deep to get the ball in the middle and be able to carry it forwards. Shocked that Rushall didn't have a place for him to be honest.

Has Snedker left now ? They put a post on twitter thanking him, read into that he had only helped out for a few games. Would of preferred to keep him over White.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Has Snedker left now ? They put a post on twitter thanking him, read into that he had only helped out for a few games. Would of preferred to keep him over White.

Aye, unfortunately expecting an imminent ban for gambling on footie accoring the to the FA site.

Hands down one of the stupidest rules in the game for me. If you're caught match fixing you deserve a big ban, if you're throwing a fiver or tenner on an outcome though, you're not exactly trying to get one over on the bookies lol

I really hope Carter proves to be a genuine number 1. Again, I didn't go, but if Bromsgrove score a couple first half as It sounds like they could have. It's the same old story of a team sitting deep and us not being able to break them down.

Edited by filbertway

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Aye, unfortunately expecting an imminent ban for gambling on footie accoring the to the FA site.

Hands down one of the stupidest rules in the game for me. If you're caught match fixing you deserve a big ban, if you're throwing a fiver or tenner on an outcome though, you're not exactly trying to get one over on the bookies lol

I really hope Hart proves to be a genuine number 1. Again, I didn't go, but if Bromsgrove score a couple first half as It sounds like they could have. It's the same old story of a team sitting deep and us not being able to break them down.

That’s disappointing.

Carter ? He looked decent in pre season.

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

That’s disappointing.

Carter ? He looked decent in pre season.

Yeah that's the one! haha

I'm always like this with the new names in the first few weeks :D

This might finally be the year we beat Royston! 8 games against them. 4 draws and 4 losses, their keeper always seems to put in a MOTM performance against us.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah that's the one! haha

I'm always like this with the new names in the first few weeks :D

This might finally be the year we beat Royston! 8 games against them. 4 draws and 4 losses, their keeper always seems to put in a MOTM performance against us.

If we don’t turn them over this season then we never will.

Just looked on a Rushden forum about Snedker, saying he has been charged with other 500 counts. Suggesting could be linked to  the Toney investigation and that has flagged it up. 

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

If we don’t turn them over this season then we never will.

Just looked on a Rushden forum about Snedker, saying he has been charged with other 500 counts. Suggesting could be linked to  the Toney investigation and that has flagged it up. 

Yeah they were both at Northampton at the same time so a possibility.

I imagine Stamford would have snapped him up instead of Nuneaton's keeper had he not had this hanging over his head.

On 15/08/2023 at 16:02, Leicesterpool said:

£15 is a disgrace thats charging same amount as national league clubs. Do wonder if the leagues should consider price capping. National League max £18. National League North and South £14 max, step southern league etc £12 max

King's Lynn charge £23 for their premium seating.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Unsurprising to read off issues with Atherstone and their supporters being racist. 

The A5 idiot corridor at work again 

Didn't manager Rickards leave a few years ago because of this?

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Didn't manager Rickards leave a few years ago because of this?

Yeah. 

I went to watch a game there last Christmas time and their fans were horrible. Even the old fellas there seemed to be more foul mouthed than most. Reputation stretches back a long way - know a Halesowen fan who supported them since the 80s and said Atherstone was always horrible 

Been three incidents involving racist language this week in the West Mids alone. Droitwich Spa been twice accused of having racist supporters 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Unsurprising to read off issues with Atherstone and their supporters being racist. 

The A5 idiot corridor at work again 

I went to school in Market Bosworth and this does not surprise me. You always knew who was from Atherstone.

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

Daggers getting a baptism by fire into non-league this year so far. No doubt they'd have sorted the form on the pitch by the time Coalville get to them :D I

Can’t see it myself. Bar Stohrer there’s absolutely no quality in the club - making it incredible that a defender is being played as an attacking CM! Watching them warm up, they can’t hit the goal during warm ups - most of those scored during the first three games have come from accidental deflections during goal mouth scrambles.

But we’ve got a decent pizza van and real ale on tap, which is basically how I plan on spending the season. It’s really going to fvck up my diet.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Can’t see it myself. Bar Stohrer there’s absolutely no quality in the club - making it incredible that a defender is being played as an attacking CM! Watching them warm up, they can’t hit the goal during warm ups - most of those scored during the first three games have come from accidental deflections during goal mouth scrambles.

But we’ve got a decent pizza van and real ale on tap, which is basically how I plan on spending the season. It’s really going to fvck up my diet.

Looking forward to the visit to Kettering this season actually, got a few mates that follow Diamonds but live in/close to Kettering so they've offered to take us to some of the quality local establishments before the game :D 

Shame it's so far away.

Just now, filbertway said:

Looking forward to the visit to Kettering this season actually, got a few mates that follow Diamonds but live in/close to Kettering so they've offered to take us to some of the quality local establishments before the game :D 

Shame it's so far away.

That’ll take up a few minutes then.

• Haha 3

On 13/08/2023 at 08:14, FoxesFan#1 said:

Yeah I remember Southport at Brackley Town last year and they took pot shots at goal all afternoon - quite a spectacle as I find National League North such a tight league between the teams in the games I've been to.

I was at Brackley v Buxton yesterday, 556 in attendance which was comfortably nice as we could enjoy the game and time in the bar watching the Arsenal game first.  Buxton played well and were unlucky not to come away with a point.  A very nice goal from Danny Newton (great beard by the way!) gave Brackley the win.  As always a great day out just 15 mins from home

I still have my LCFC season ticket (more for social reasons these days than anything else and it gets me back to my roots) and plan to do half my games at Brackley and half at Leicester

Thanks - sorry for late reply!

Yeah Southport are ridiculously direct, launching long throws from within spitting distance of their own box. Watson has resigned and moved upstairs so they may start to recover.

Saw Brackley v Stortford on national league tv, not a lot between the two sides like the Buxton game. Newton will get you 16-20 goals which is what you've missed since Ndlovu and Williams before him left. 

I like Matwasa, didn't realise he was playing wing back, Bates looks a decent player as well, Gaz Dean at the back and Lewis in goal you'll not concede many goals.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2023 at 21:30, Lako42 said:

Amazes me that Coalville fans are generally well behaved without any of this nonsense you get at other clubs at the same level. 

Especially considering the shit the town gets from anyone externally 

Most are, but there's always one or two idiots.

19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'm not even sure what I've just watched 

I know what you mean. One of these lads posted it on their own TikTok account before removing the video.

The lad in the light blue trackie travelled on the team coach. They threatened to leave him in Bromsgrove because he was pissed up on the way down and acting like a tw@.

The Bromsgrove lot weren't any better. There was a some middle-aged man at the end of the game who had to be 'held back' while delivering throat-slitting gestures. All highly embarrassing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2