Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

2 minutes ago, Tevez said:

Did you go? Saffron were very poor, long season ahead for them. I like that groundhopper weekend, would rather play on a Friday than a Sunday though!

Off we go first game of the season on Saturday, Allscott Heath all the way in Sunny Telford, won the treble at Step 7, losing 1 game all season. Going to be a tough one!

Yeah Saffron were piss poor to be brutally honest. Birstall been around the block at that level and you'd think be top five again. 

Went Aylestone Pk 3 Histon 2 on Saturday - they started off a mess at the back until their quality going forward and at set pieces made the difference. Got a lot of Leics best attacking players at that step but I just wonder if their lack of dislinciple will hurt them.

Some money been spent in that division with Daventry and Wellingborough. That's before you have St Neots as well coming down. 

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Apparently Bury played Glossop in the 1899/1900 season! First division game 

Love that!

Hard to believe Glossop, Darwen and Gainsborough were once league clubs.

23 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah Saffron were piss poor to be brutally honest. Birstall been around the block at that level and you'd think be top five again. 

Went Aylestone Pk 3 Histon 2 on Saturday - they started off a mess at the back until their quality going forward and at set pieces made the difference. Got a lot of Leics best attacking players at that step but I just wonder if their lack of dislinciple will hurt them.

Some money been spent in that division with Daventry and Wellingborough. That's before you have St Neots as well coming down. 

Yeah done very well to replace the 4/5 that have gone to Hinckley LR - they will be decent at Step 5. But got a ropey red card in them! Aylestone's set up is lovely to be fair.

1 hour ago, Tevez said:

Yeah done very well to replace the 4/5 that have gone to Hinckley LR - they will be decent at Step 5. But got a ropey red card in them! Aylestone's set up is lovely to be fair.

Anyone in particular you’d back for a red card Shaun 😅

16 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Long Eaton management team have left days before the new season. Ward gone from Ilkeston as well.

Back to back promotions and it looks like they were pushed rather than leaving on their own accord too…wonder what’s happened there

16 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Long Eaton management team have left days before the new season. Ward gone from Ilkeston as well.

Can't work out what happened but the friendly v Belper was abandoned and it may be a response to that. Did a phenomenal job there but have lost a few players in recent days to UCL sides.

Gary Hayward is in at Ilkeston, good appointment but Lita has gone back to Nuneaton. I wonder whether the money is running out again after David Hilton/White went to Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Blew my mind when I visited Gainsborough this year that Leicester Fosse had played there!

A ground I need to tick off really, no excuses as it's just up the road but I loathe driving up the A1133 through Torksey.

The Long Eaton shambles is really laughable, I'm seeing player after player going on the socials saying they have left the club.

Gift for Leamington, 6-0 win incoming.

21 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Anyone worked out why he’s gone? 

Apparently big scrap v Belper last week in a friendly, already been warned about future conduct from club**. Brad Munn and Lewis Mcgugan from Lough Dynamo have got the gig (with a lot of players leaving). 

**Don't shoot the messenger

25 minutes ago, Tevez said:

Apparently big scrap v Belper last week in a friendly, already been warned about future conduct from club**. Brad Munn and Lewis Mcgugan from Lough Dynamo have got the gig (with a lot of players leaving). 

Wouldn’t surprise me as Deakin is a very shouting, screaming manager. Was at a game between Ilkeston and Long Eaton when he was assistant at Ilson and it kicked off 

4 hours ago, Tevez said:

Interested to see how these two get on, did well enough with us and everyone speaks well of Brad, could tell they felt they should be at a higher level than step 4

On 03/08/2023 at 14:39, CosbehFox said:

Anyone worked out why he’s gone? 

5 hours ago, Tevez said:

Someone on the Ilkeston forum reckons they were in for the Ilson job before they went with Hayward as well, make of that what you will so maybe the owner/chair of Long Eaton got fed up.

Some of those players who have left Long Eaton that I wouldn't mind at Grantham but they'll probably join Midland league sides.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Another new goalkeeper in at Coalville, young lad on loan from Derby.

Not ideal preparation for the opening game tomorrow.

If I'm Laban I'm definitely ringing around other clubs this week to see if I can get a gig somewhere.

Interesting to see if the lad from Hibs will be number 1 this season. Definitely a position that we could improve in. Seems weird for him to join to sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If I'm Laban I'm definitely ringing around other clubs this week to see if I can get a gig somewhere.

Interesting to see if the lad from Hibs will be number 1 this season. Definitely a position that we could improve in. Seems weird for him to join to sit on the bench.

I think Laban has gone TBH.

Yeah possibly, I agree I like White but we could definitely do better.

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

I think Laban has gone TBH.

Yeah possibly, I agree I like White but we could definitely do better.

Much like Kee, a fans favourite, but a position that can definitely be improved upon. 

It often feels like a keepers regularly win points for teams against us, I don't think we've had a match winning keeper for us since Bowlesy, although that Latvian lad we had on loan from Forest for a few games was pretty good.

Absolutely buzzing to get back to following the lads tomorrow, shame the weather looks like it's gonna be as rancid as the last time we played Stourbridge away lol

• Like 1