Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

12 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm not sure we will. McGlinchey has played in the 10 role in pre-season with Pep in the back three.

I wouldn't be against another box-to-box CM coming in, but we are well-stocked in that area of the pitch.

I'd like one more CM as well to be honest. I never rated Gooch as a 10, every time we try it he looks so inefficient and lost compared to when he's out wide.

I'm enjoying how often the defenders are popping up in the box. Reminding me of Sheff Utd under Chrissy Wilder. Squad-wise we're definitely stronger than we were last season. Once the new lads bed in and we start getting into our groove I think we can make a very strong start. Would be great to lay down a statement against Leamington in out first home game.

I'm missing this game and Gloucester due to a pre-arranged drinking session and festival, but hoping to make Boston and Tamuff. Gutted I'm not gonna be able to cross Gloucester off the list.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'd like one more CM as well to be honest. I never rated Gooch as a 10, every time we try it he looks so inefficient and lost compared to when he's out wide.

I'm enjoying how often the defenders are popping up in the box. Reminding me of Sheff Utd under Chrissy Wilder. Squad-wise we're definitely stronger than we were last season. Once the new lads bed in and we start getting into our groove I think we can make a very strong start. Would be great to lay down a statement against Leamington in out first home game.

I'm missing this game and Gloucester due to a pre-arranged drinking session and festival, but hoping to make Boston and Tamuff. Gutted I'm not gonna be able to cross Gloucester off the list.

Kind of like Mahrez, Gooch does his best work on the wing. We might try using Wes York there?

We look a more mobile back line so far, whether as a back 3 or 4. I wouldn't be surprised for all the different formations used in pre-season if we end up playing 4-4-2 at Stourbridge.

That's a pity, Gloucester should be a decent trip.

16 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm not sure we will. McGlinchey has played in the 10 role in pre-season with Pep in the back three.

I wouldn't be against another box-to-box CM coming in, but we are well-stocked in that area of the pitch.

As mentioned I’m not a fan of Mcglinchey playing centrally either. The fact that Towers is being used in pre season confirms we need another midfielder for me.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Apparently a protest at two alleged paedos involved with the club.

On the back of the hearse, there’s 4 people named with “soon to be deceased” 

The story is it’s a family with criminal connections targeting Steve Wraith whom is connected to Dunston. 

Steve Wraith for info is a writer of gangster, true crime books and has starred/made films about the subject. 

His house got smashed in this week too. 

Promising pre season so far for us (Loughborough Dynamo), Grantham (A), a Chesterfield XI (H) & Notts County U23s (H) to round it off, looking forward to how we get on under the new manager and how the new players fit in, be great to push on towards the playoffs.

Fair few step 5/6 leagues kick off this weekend. United Counties League involving a fair few Leics sides are. 

Friday night, groundhoppers assemble on Cosby. Saffron Dynamo host the opening game of the UCL Hop playing Birstall United. Hope it goes really well for them over the last twelve months they’ve done a lot to fresh up the ground there. Will be a big crowd. Could say the kick off of the English domestic season. 

Saturday I might pop along to Aylestone Park hosting Histon (yes the tiny club what once beat Leeds). Think AP will fancy themselves this season but Daventry have splashed cash after crying poverty at end of last season. 

Yes, I will do my geeky round up of groundhopping goals soon 

Kettering Town had some crowd trouble at corby the other night. Again trouble at friendlies seem to be trend at moment. Mainly from wannabe things... who like only teenagers. Heard recently last season i believe it was ilkeston banned a 13 year old for threatening behaviour towards away fans which included threatening to set a lite a flag.

On 26/07/2023 at 21:09, Leicesterpool said:

Kettering Town had some crowd trouble at corby the other night. Again trouble at friendlies seem to be trend at moment. Mainly from wannabe things... who like only teenagers. Heard recently last season i believe it was ilkeston banned a 13 year old for threatening behaviour towards away fans which included threatening to set a lite a flag.

*Corby had some crowd trouble - which is unsurprising given the town largely consists of heroin and crack addicts.

On 28/07/2023 at 23:18, CosbehFox said:

400 at Saffron Dynamo tonight, so some decent money there made by them. 

Birstall far too for good them though on the pitch 

Did you go? Saffron were very poor, long season ahead for them. I like that groundhopper weekend, would rather play on a Friday than a Sunday though!

Off we go first game of the season on Saturday, Allscott Heath all the way in Sunny Telford, won the treble at Step 7, losing 1 game all season. Going to be a tough one!

• Like 1