Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

9 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Gunna be a long old season, ain't it? Stourbridge first goal was one of the best acrotbic goals I've seen live. Yet another capitulation...

My last sober match hopefully. Wife had to do her fortnightly 24hr stint at KGH today so I didn’t have a taxi driver. I’m going to need that alcohol!

There’s a weakness from top to bottom - but that defence is like having four Vestergaards. Third was well taken but he was allowed to dance through without a single decent challenge. 

• Like 2

Went to Alfreton v Southport today, not one for the purists too long ball teams reliant on set pieces, 3-1 win for Alfreton, nice ground lots of seats sub 500 attendance which is normal but disappointing for the level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Went to Alfreton v Southport today, not one for the purists too long ball teams reliant on set pieces, 3-1 win for Alfreton, nice ground lots of seats sub 500 attendance which is normal but disappointing for the level.

Yeah I remember Southport at Brackley Town last year and they took pot shots at goal all afternoon - quite a spectacle as I find National League North such a tight league between the teams in the games I've been to.

I was at Brackley v Buxton yesterday, 556 in attendance which was comfortably nice as we could enjoy the game and time in the bar watching the Arsenal game first.  Buxton played well and were unlucky not to come away with a point.  A very nice goal from Danny Newton (great beard by the way!) gave Brackley the win.  As always a great day out just 15 mins from home

I still have my LCFC season ticket (more for social reasons these days than anything else and it gets me back to my roots) and plan to do half my games at Brackley and half at Leicester

Went to Bugbrooke yesterday to watch Aylestone Park. Nice little set up. Park won 5-2 

They’ve got Louie Samuels back he’s ridiculously good. Hat-trick. Also a Ryan Seal 65 yarder - silly Elon’s Twitter won’t embed here but the goal is on there! 

How do Leicester Road make it work? Just 85 people there yesterday at tier 4 of the pyramid 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Went to Bugbrooke yesterday to watch Aylestone Park. Nice little set up. Park won 5-2 

They’ve got Louie Samuels back he’s ridiculously good. Hat-trick. Also a Ryan Seal 65 yarder - silly Elon’s Twitter won’t embed here but the goal is on there! 

How do Leicester Road make it work? Just 85 people there yesterday at tier 4 of the pyramid 

Lasted less than a month at Leicester Road then. 

On 13/08/2023 at 08:14, FoxesFan#1 said:

Yeah I remember Southport at Brackley Town last year and they took pot shots at goal all afternoon - quite a spectacle as I find National League North such a tight league between the teams in the games I've been to.

I was at Brackley v Buxton yesterday, 556 in attendance which was comfortably nice as we could enjoy the game and time in the bar watching the Arsenal game first.  Buxton played well and were unlucky not to come away with a point.  A very nice goal from Danny Newton (great beard by the way!) gave Brackley the win.  As always a great day out just 15 mins from home

I still have my LCFC season ticket (more for social reasons these days than anything else and it gets me back to my roots) and plan to do half my games at Brackley and half at Leicester

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm at Buckingham just along the road from Brackley. And almost moved to Brackley recently. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Third straight defeat for the Poppies. Seriously need three defenders, a striker, and a couple of midfielders. And maybe a manager. And an owner with some pounds wouldn't hurt either.

Yep, definitely going to be a long season :facepalm:

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

Yep, definitely going to be a long season :facepalm:

Defensively frail yet persisting with a failing back 4 is doomed. There’s no cash to augment the squad - I’ve no idea why the side isn’t being set up more defensively. Needs Gary Stohrer to play as a deep DM providing central cover and allowing the CDs to augment the backs. But no doubt we’ll see 4-4-bloody 2 again on Saturday 😂

That no probs with me at all @Arriba Los Zorros, So I'm in Towcester (born in Leicester, lived in Shepshed for first 20+ years) - I'm probably same distance to Brackley as yourself.  We first went in December 2020 when they re-opened for two games and was pleasantly surprised.  We tried Banbury a month earlier whilst LCFC was closed but did not really like it there.

Edited by FoxesFan#1
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Kettering taking some stick for the £15 match day price 

Owner walked away from the club claiming it's debt free but the last accounts show a £600,000 black hole with only 50% of last season's costs met by revenue generation. The current management committee had a choice of either going hard on increasing income this season or pulling down the blinds for (probably) the final time. No one wants to buy the club.

Summer has seen a wealth of businesses and tradespeople donating goods and services free to try to up the money coming in off the field - but the ticket price had to be a casualty. In fairness, both away games this season have been £12 admission so far so it's not exactly like Ket'rin are doing a Cov.

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Kettering taking some stick for the £15 match day price 

£15 is a disgrace thats charging same amount as national league clubs. Do wonder if the leagues should consider price capping. National League max £18. National League North and South £14 max, step southern league etc £12 max

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

That no probs with me at all @Arriba Los Zorros, So I'm in Towcester (born in Leicester, lived in Shepshed for first 20+ years) - I'm probably same distance to Brackley as yourself.  We first went in December 2020 when they re-opened for two games and was pleasantly surprised.  We tried Banbury a month earlier whilst LCFC was closed but did not really like it there.

Towcester is nice. Had an offer on a place opposite the racecourse but pulled out in the end. Nice part of the country round here (south Northants / north Bucks) 

• Like 1

Boro got off the mark yesterday with a 2-1 victory over Long Eaton Utd. Scoreline flattered Long Eaton boro should have been out of sight but dont take your chances... squad however for me looks weaker than last. Losing big characters like Beswick, Benbow, Breeden and Dowd. All for me our top players. 

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

£15 is a disgrace thats charging same amount as national league clubs. Do wonder if the leagues should consider price capping. National League max £18. National League North and South £14 max, step southern league etc £12 max

Cba to check them all - but Southend is £20. Is that a disgrace too? That’s a shocking two quid over your desired imposed maximum. 

Where do you think the money is going? Cigars and caviar in the boardroom?

As I’ve explained, this isn’t rank profiteering like you see at KPFC, this is pricing from necessity. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Cba to check them all - but Southend is £20. Is that a disgrace too? That’s a shocking two quid over your desired imposed maximum. 

Where do you think the money is going? Cigars and caviar in the boardroom?

As I’ve explained, this isn’t rank profiteering like you see at KPFC, this is pricing from necessity. 

Clubs like Southend are still acting on Full Time model rather than part time, it's Southend choice. If Southend did go part time, then they probably would be able to work financial better in terms of players wages. I think the issue is some ex football league clubs after spending three years or more in the national league they are still working as a full time outfit playing over the odds on wages.