Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Tonight has been brilliant. Not because of what I did - just an average film night with the wife, daughter and a bottle of rum - but because tomorrow morning I’ll get up, go grab a full English then make my way to Stamford. I’m so stoked at the prospect of a full season of minor non-league. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Fvck you KPFC. 

Good luck to Kettering for this season! I’ll be there for their game against St Ives at the end of the month.

14 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Good luck to Kettering for this season! I’ll be there for their game against St Ives at the end of the month.

New team, no owner, new manager - it’s going to be a tough one imo. 

• Like 1

Bath City striker Alex Fletcher has been cleared to play again, nine months after suffering a serious head injury when he collided with a concrete wall.

The 24-year-old needed surgery and was in a coma for five days following the accident during a match against Dulwich Hamlet in November last year.

Fletcher has also been given a new contract by Bath.

Alex Fletcher: Bath City striker 'delighted' to return to club after head injury - BBC Sport

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

Tonight has been brilliant. Not because of what I did - just an average film night with the wife, daughter and a bottle of rum - but because tomorrow morning I’ll get up, go grab a full English then make my way to Stamford. I’m so stoked at the prospect of a full season of minor non-league. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Fvck you KPFC. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Tell you what, non-league is colder and wetter than I imagined. 

IMG_3302.jpeg

Is this when you beg for forgiveness,  declare your allegiance and love to/for KPFC? 

Lol.

Glad you had fun either way. 

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

I believe my cousin was ref for the Daniels game today, hope he didn’t ruin your day lol

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Tell you what, non-league is colder and wetter than I imagined. 

IMG_3302.jpeg

Like October today.

FA Cup at Dunley Way. Lincoln United far too good for their hosts Lutterworth Town. 3-0 within 30 minutes. By the time Lutterworth had a bit of a go it was too late. 

• Like 1

Stratford off to a winning start to the season with a 6-1 win against Needham at home. Followed their activity on social media over the summer and they seem to have made some good additions and hopefully have momentum from the back end of last season.

Catastrophic start for Coalville. Horribly wet, Red card, potential broken leg for our new signing. Bar 15-20 minutes of decent footie we were aimlessly lumping balls into the corner for our lightweight strikers and wingers.

Hopefully we move to a 3 5 2 with York and Putty as wing backs as we were far too easy to turn over and score against. Experienced the same type of game watching Coalville too many times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Is this when you beg for forgiveness,  declare your allegiance and love to/for KPFC? 

Lol.

Glad you had fun either way. 

It was.

Weather was shit, football was shit, the ref was [redacted], we were shit, went blind in one eye with a migraine and that was proper shit.

But it was a real £12 football day out. Didn’t have to be crammed in next to a bloke on coke and a gobshite with a clapper, no goal music, no £65 training tops, no ID for tickets, no massive queue for the piss weak pints. Proper football. 

Oh Christ, I’m like one of those ex-smokers banging on about how my new life is great and doesn’t smell. What a twat. Ignore me lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Catastrophic start for Coalville. Horribly wet, Red card, potential broken leg for our new signing. Bar 15-20 minutes of decent footie we were aimlessly lumping balls into the corner for our lightweight strikers and wingers.

Hopefully we move to a 3 5 2 with York and Putty as wing backs as we were far too easy to turn over and score against. Experienced the same type of game watching Coalville too many times.

Second best all over and lacking ideas. Not an ideal start. And that's before mentioning the GK situtation. The current midfield two don't have the legs to impose themselves on the game, and I can't work out why Timmy started when he's missed half of pre-season.

A cold (for August), wet and hugely annoying start to the new season. On a positive, the new kit looks nice.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

Stamford are an ugly side. 

Most of them built like oil rig workers, three of them sporting Robbie Savage twat hair, the left back the size of a barge - and dirty as fvck. How they ended the game with eleven on the pitch is a miracle. They’re going to break legs this season. 

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I believe my cousin was ref for the Daniels game today, hope he didn’t ruin your day lol

He was good on stoppage time tho - and made sure everyone could hear him bollock their winger for trying to time waste. 

I think he was trying to let the game flow, but it really needed more cards, there were some lethal challenges flying in.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He was good on stoppage time tho - and made sure everyone could hear him bollock their winger for trying to time waste. 

I think he was trying to let the game flow, but it really needed more cards, there were some lethal challenges flying in.

Turns out he was there just to watch today, I had assumed his picture pitch side before was him taking the match. He did say he wouldn't comment on his colleagues performance though.... lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

Stratford off to a winning start to the season with a 6-1 win against Needham at home. Followed their activity on social media over the summer and they seem to have made some good additions and hopefully have momentum from the back end of last season.

I think Stratford will go well, fancy them for playoffs

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Really poor especially 1st half.

Not sure why Hart was trying to play on, hope it’s not as serious as it looked. He will be a big miss.

Surprised Pepe didn’t come on for him as it was clear Deano would struggle with their left winger. Should of been sent off in the 1st half really.

As already mentioned the goalkeeper situation is a mess as well which isn’t helping. Especially when we have 2 new centre backs trying to settle in.

23 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Turns out he was there just to watch today, I had assumed his picture pitch side before was him taking the match. He did say he wouldn't comment on his colleagues performance though.... lol

Phew. Ref was shit. 

• Haha 1