Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Yeah he's been retained, we triggered a 1 year extension option. Would be a huge blow to lose him, bags of talent and has a great attitude and work rate.

We can just about make an XI with the players signed on so far :D

White

Chitiza  Hutchings Carter Putman

McGlinchey Doyle-Charles Thanoj Shaw

Chambers Berridge

Somebody I know at Telford mentioned he's been seen at the New Bucks Head within the last couple of weeks along with another player, who claimed it to be Charlie Dowd who recently left the Boro. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Somebody I know at Telford mentioned he's been seen at the New Bucks Head within the last couple of weeks along with another player, who claimed it to be Charlie Dowd who recently left the Boro. 

Not unlikely I suppose, I'd be surprised if they didn't have to part with a bit of cash to get him from us though.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not unlikely I suppose, I'd be surprised if they didn't have to part with a bit of cash to get him from us though.

I think they can afford as well, I did hear somewhere they have got some big backer behind them recently. Problem has been they have had poor recruitment set up there for the last few years.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Telford staying full time or something? That or they are paying huge money to get Chambers commuting there and back; even if training is in Brum 

Not sure, was told last years a few players we're different contract some players on full time some on part time, with players only training certain times. Some blame that being an issue having players training different days. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

When Telford released their retained list they mentioned Wilkin had a agreed terms with a new signing.

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Andy Whing resigns as Banbury manager. Quite surprising.

He only signed a new contract last autumn.

They've been left really short of players at times having to put the GK coach and fitness coach on the bench to fill it out last season, maybe the budget isn't enough?

Just now, Tuna said:

They've been left really short of players at times having to put the GK coach and fitness coach on the bench to fill it out last season, maybe the budget isn't enough?

Struggling to compete, you go from playing in a 22 team league to 24 team league travelling as far north as Blyth Spartans. Peterborough Sports also having a few issues not just with the ground, but struggling for money. The rich investor that a couple of seasons ago decided to pull out, leaving them in bit of a mess. 

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah. Banbury’s grounds dilapidated if proper. So would make sense.

Someone has suggested he could be involved at Oxford United - ex player there and some of their coaching staff are still Robinson’s

56 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Struggling to compete, you go from playing in a 22 team league to 24 team league travelling as far north as Blyth Spartans. Peterborough Sports also having a few issues not just with the ground, but struggling for money. The rich investor that a couple of seasons ago decided to pull out, leaving them in bit of a mess. 

New investor involved. The original bloke has maintained a place on the board. Ground work all completed and passed

Boro sign a new goalkeeper Dan Jezeph from Alvechurch seems a good signing for us. Legend Boro defender Gaz Dean won't be joining us sadly despite the speculation he would be returning, he's signed for Brackley for another year. 

Apparently we're also going out this summer to get Jason Cowley from Stourbridge, but will be difficult catch. Scored 24 goals last season. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro sign a new goalkeeper Dan Jezeph from Alvechurch seems a good signing for us. Legend Boro defender Gaz Dean won't be joining us sadly despite the speculation he would be returning, he's signed for Brackley for another year. 

Apparently we're also going out this summer to get Jason Cowley from Stourbridge, but will be difficult catch. Scored 24 goals last season. 

Nuneaton throwing the dollar around again - get those buckets out if Cowley comes. Was told his wage at Stourbridge was better than he was getting when he was full time. Jezeph is a good keeper - bit on the small side though. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is Stenson still at Nuneaton or has he left now? Him and Cowley could be right up there as the most expensive strike duo to ever play at step 3

Big news tonight Hednesford pulled out 23/24 season. Prospective owner cancelled on a deal and the cash has ran out with the existing. A superb stadium there. But did recently sell a load of land to a house developer. So they must have been throwing some money at it with their crowds too. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Big news tonight Hednesford pulled out 23/24 season. Prospective owner cancelled on a deal and the cash has ran out with the existing. A superb stadium there. But did recently sell a load of land to a house developer. So they must have been throwing some money at it with their crowds too. 

Very sad news for supporters. Famous non league name as well.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Owner released a right bitchy message at end of season. Their crowds don’t sustain that spending. 

Looks like Hednesford might be okay to play this season in better news 

Haha I'm sure I saw the Kings Lynn chairman having a pop at a lack of following and coming out with rubbish like "the area doesn't deserve this club" what a kick in the teeth to the fans that pay the obscene prices.

So many owners that don't operate within their means and then cry about it.

Shaw Lane was another one. Local millionaire bankrolls new club and starts crying when his 4/5 year old club doesn't have massive crowds to cover the massive wages he was paying. So he just ends up shutting the club down.

Ilkeston go bust and get away with coming back with a slightly changed name every 3/4 years.

Wouldn't surprise me if Scunthorpe go the same way if they don't go straight back up.

Edited by filbertway