Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Just seen they’ve signed Breeden in goal. They must throwing some money around to get a Birmingham based keeper. 

Their ground is basic as anything as wel 

Signed Sweeney now !!!

All these Spalding signings say "commit to the club" ie they are all non contract and will be released if it goes wrong and they are mid table mid season.

Edited by Tuna

I worked in Spalding for a couple of years and can confirm it's an absolute football desert. I've never, ever met a Spalding fan or anyone who goes to their games. Everyone supports Premier League sides or, at a push, Peterborough. 

Lincolnshire in general just seems very dry when it comes to football, and I'd argue that Lincoln should probably be a bigger and better club than they are given their catchment of being not just a one club city, but virtually a one club county given the next highest ranked Lincs club is Boston in the NLN.

On 03/06/2023 at 08:53, Stuntman_Mike said:

Nomads have started selling season tickets! Great value to support a local club and they're letting people spread the cost.

IMG-20230603-WA0000.jpg

That's about £5.70 a game really decent value!

• Like 1

Anyone know the deal with this so called "Doncaster City FC" they're all over twitter signing National League North/Northern Premier players and seem to play in the Sheffield league?

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

Anyone know the deal with this so called "Doncaster City FC" they're all over twitter signing National League North/Northern Premier players and seem to play in the Sheffield league?

Willie McKay, football agent is backing it. Lives in the area, already messed up Rovers. 

Unsurprisingly it's his wife name as a director. 

Been told Dan Creaney has apparently turned down an offer to stay on at Tamworth.  Summit about the wages not considered good enough, interesting considering the season ticket prices Tamworth are demanding from supporters. Wouldn't mind down the Boro, a nuneaton lad. Problem I was told some time ago he won't sign for Boro while Jim Ginnelly is manager. 

Can imagine a few clubs eyeing him at the moment. Scored over 30 goals last season 

23 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Been told Dan Creaney has apparently turned down an offer to stay on at Tamworth.  Summit about the wages not considered good enough, interesting considering the season ticket prices Tamworth are demanding from supporters. Wouldn't mind down the Boro, a nuneaton lad. Problem I was told some time ago he won't sign for Boro while Jim Ginnelly is manager. 

Can imagine a few clubs eyeing him at the moment. Scored over 30 goals last season 

He will be playing in national league north at least next season unless someone throws silly money at him. 

After a 13th place finish in Midland Football League Div one (Step 6) next season, I will be managing Ingles again in 23/24 - going to be difficult but we know the league now! Some good journeys to get through, Shawbury who played in Ludlow last season (Had them on a Tuesday night - foul) now play near Shrewsbury's ground. I would probably have Hinckley as favorites this year.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tevez said:

After a 13th place finish in Midland Football League Div one (Step 6) next season, I will be managing Ingles again in 23/24 - going to be difficult but we know the league now! Some good journeys to get through, Shawbury who played in Ludlow last season (Had them on a Tuesday night - foul) now play near Shrewsbury's ground. I would probably have Hinckley as favorites this year.

Hope you push on mate, enjoy having a Leicestershire fixture amongst the endless horrible Wolverhampton games and two hour Shropshire visits. 

To be fair we’ve been perennial favourites for a while and never got the job done lol I think how well we do balances on who we keep, retention has been awful the last couple years and it means we inevitably start slow and drop points. Slightly more confident this year as I think the squad enjoy playing with each other currently and think that they can get the job done this season. A long few weeks before we find out what we’re starting with though…

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm looking forward to the Boro facing Kettering be our first league derby since 2008. 

If you venture to the Poppies, we do a decent set of ales in the clubhouse. Sunny weather, there's a good outdoor area, inside there's a traditional Northamptonshire skittles table.

Going to be a new experience for me as I'm planning on doing as many weekend away-days as possible. Going to be a delightful change of pace. Really looking forward to it - even if we currently have a 4 player first team squad! lol

• Like 3