Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Unbelievable signing that is. I think missing out last season has hurt us and we'll be doing everything we can to put it right this year. Getting this done early is a great sign. Another RB and a CB of that standard and we'll be looking in good stead.

Although we’re strong up front, I’d like to see another forward in to replace Billy as well.
Dan Sweeney has left Macclesfield, he would do.

• Like 1

Just to add that Ashby ivanhoe knights (the ivanhoe reserves) won their league last night.

Great season for Ashby.  First team were runners up and won the play offs, promotion to step 5.  They also won the Leicestershire senior cup.

The reserves won their league gaining promotion to the Leicestershire senior league (step 7), and they also won Presidents trophy.

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Although we’re strong up front, I’d like to see another forward in to replace Billy as well.
Dan Sweeney has left Macclesfield, he would do.

Imagine Sweeney is very expensive having been at Macclesfield and he’s always striked me as someone with attitude issues. 

6 hours ago, Lako42 said:

That is a top signing. Get another CB in of that ilk and I'll start getting excited. 

I like James Butler at Mickleover. Always looked good when I've seen him. 

Butler has signed for Warrington Rylands.

1 hour ago, leicesterisme said:

Imagine Sweeney is very expensive having been at Macclesfield and he’s always striked me as someone with attitude issues. 

Yeah he's bit of a nob. That came from someone who played alongside him at Halesowen 

2 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Not sure, don’t know what he’s like personally. If he has Coalville won’t touch him.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

These signings are really helping shake off the disappointment of last season!

Im already looking forward to the new season now :D

They're an early sign of our intent. 

It looks like it's going to be an exciting league next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

With about 7 or 8 new teams, theres a lot of unknowns. We know what we need to get out of this league. So hopefully that'll work to our advantage.

As you say, promising signs of early intent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Hoping we can get Robbo, George Wilson and Peps signed up from last year plus a couple more new faces and we’re looking strong.

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Hoping we can get Robbo, George Wilson and Peps signed up from last year plus a couple more new faces and we’re looking strong.

I'm hoping for a proper RB and a new CF - a target man type who is reasonably mobile. Probably wishful thinking.

It looks like we're having a real go this year judging by the early signings.

Just now, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm hoping for a proper RB and a new CF - a target man type who is reasonably mobile. Probably wishful thinking.

It looks like we're having a real go this year judging by the early signings.

Yeah I agree RB, another forward and retain the ones I mentioned then we will be looking good.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

With about 7 or 8 new teams, theres a lot of unknowns. We know what we need to get out of this league. So hopefully that'll work to our advantage.

As you say, promising signs of early intent.

I'm working on the unknowns. Last night, I started work on a preview for the SCLP 23/24 season.

I was going to post it on here, but after putting together the template it will definitely be TLTR. I'll probably need to post it on a blog site, if I ever finish it.

• Like 1

Gotta love teams announcing their retained lists on twitter, player x agrees terms then 3 days later signs somewhere else lol

Peter Dearle to Basford by the way is what I am referring to.

On 21/05/2023 at 09:19, Gary Eatfood said:

Ash Carter is Coalville bound. Another impressive CB signing. C'mon the Ravens!!

Has Ash Chambers confirmed he's be retained to Coalville, hearing speculations he's in talks with joining AFC Telford United.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Has Ash Chambers confirmed he's be retained to Coalville, hearing speculations he's in talks with joining AFC Telford United.

Yeah he's been retained, we triggered a 1 year extension option. Would be a huge blow to lose him, bags of talent and has a great attitude and work rate.

We can just about make an XI with the players signed on so far :D

White

Chitiza  Hutchings Carter Putman

McGlinchey Doyle-Charles Thanoj Shaw

Chambers Berridge