Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

If you venture to the Poppies, we do a decent set of ales in the clubhouse. Sunny weather, there's a good outdoor area, inside there's a traditional Northamptonshire skittles table.

Going to be a new experience for me as I'm planning on doing as many weekend away-days as possible. Going to be a delightful change of pace. Really looking forward to it - even if we currently have a 4 player first team squad! lol

I done Kettering Town a couple of seasons ago, wow difficult ground to get to a good 3-4 miles out of kettering in burton latimer... miss good old rockingham road. One of the best non league grounds. Southern League Central looks to be quite tasty next year with likes of Boro, Telford, Kettering, Leamington, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Coalville, Barwell, Halesowen and Stratford all in the same division. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I done Kettering Town a couple of seasons ago, wow difficult ground to get to a good 3-4 miles out of kettering in burton latimer... miss good old rockingham road. One of the best non league grounds. Southern League Central looks to be quite tasty next year with likes of Boro, Telford, Kettering, Leamington, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Coalville, Barwell, Halesowen and Stratford all in the same division. 

Still - better than having to travel to Irthlingborough! Do find it sad that Doc Martens’ ground is now rubble, but it was never a home for the Poppies. 

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Still - better than having to travel to Irthlingborough! Do find it sad that Doc Martens’ ground is now rubble, but it was never a home for the Poppies. 

That certainly was an awkward move, moving to play at a ground of your former rivals. No never going to work, considering it killed off Rushden & Diamonds also. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2023 at 17:02, CosbehFox said:

(really is easy pickings on Borough) 

They have to be one of the most consistently dodgy clubs in non-league right? There’s been clubs that have been far worse but ultimately paid for it and went tits up. Borough seem to avoid any real consequence, look at Ilkeston who have probably been as bad but have consistently gone bust as a result. Was talking to a caterer last year about how he got done over by them. 

How they’ve gone 15 years without winding up is in some ways impressive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

They have to be one of the most consistently dodgy clubs in non-league right? There’s been clubs that have been far worse but ultimately paid for it and went tits up. Borough seem to avoid any real consequence, look at Ilkeston who have probably been as bad but have consistently gone bust as a result. Was talking to a caterer last year about how he got done over by them. 

How they’ve gone 15 years without winding up is in some ways impressive.

poor ownership, Lee Thorn was a huge crook. Came into the Boro, claiming a four year project of football league football. Spends the big bucks, create a whole new youth and ladies section. First year miss out on the play offs in the conference north, after one year the project is pulled, not a penny spent was after and Thorn was never seen again down the Boro. In fact turns out Thorn was borrowing the money... gambled on that first season. Years later when the club was in a mess he denied the club was his responsibility even though paperwork said chairman Lee Thorn, leaving us on the verge of going bust.  600k in debt, just about survived Jim Ginnelly came in and managed to reduce to it 60k thanks to local sponsors helping out and even Stockport County. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 06/06/2023 at 18:40, Finnaldo said:

Hope you push on mate, enjoy having a Leicestershire fixture amongst the endless horrible Wolverhampton games and two hour Shropshire visits. 

To be fair we’ve been perennial favourites for a while and never got the job done lol I think how well we do balances on who we keep, retention has been awful the last couple years and it means we inevitably start slow and drop points. Slightly more confident this year as I think the squad enjoy playing with each other currently and think that they can get the job done this season. A long few weeks before we find out what we’re starting with though…

Thank you mate, I love playing against Hinckley but haven't won against them yet! It's honestly like playing Man City. Just got to ride the bull.

Pre season has come round already!! We start back again Monday

Anyone in and around the Thringstone area (and to any other non league lovers around) would like to ground hop and come to an Ingles game, please DM me, you're more than welcome to visit (I get 2 free entries every home game!! :scarf: lol)

Edited by Tevez
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Is that really the level of badges you need now?

Not for first team coach at Step 4 but if you're going to jump into management after, the minimum is Uefa B at that level - the qualifications and standards for getting a gig at that level is constantly going up, I've listened to a podcast he did and he seemed to come across really well. He's someone i'd like to learn off really if i wasn't managing - recruits well, plays a good style and wants to win

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Third signing of the summer for the Ravens. Forward Wes York from Brackley, although it does mention in the article that he's been playing RWB.

Remember playing against him at Asfordby back in the day! 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Some clubs really going for it this season - Alvechuch signed Chris Clements which you imagine wouldn’t be cheap 

Sutton Coldfield announced him as signing a few days ago!

Non league lol

On 17/06/2023 at 22:40, Gary Eatfood said:

Third signing of the summer for the Ravens. Forward Wes York from Brackley, although it does mention in the article that he's been playing RWB.

Surprised he ain't reunited with his former gaffer Kevin Wilkin at Telford. Wes York is cracking signing, was amazing for the Boro. Should be a decent signing for Coalville. 

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Surprised he ain't reunited with his former gaffer Kevin Wilkin at Telford. Wes York is cracking signing, was amazing for the Boro. Should be a decent signing for Coalville. 

He lives in Leicester, which is probably why he chose Coalville. It'll be interesting to see where he plays for us.

I've just go back from the Coalville Q&A with Glyn Rennocks and Adam Stevens. Really worthwhile, and some good insight gained.

One interesting fact for Coalville supporters. Paul White is banned for the first 6 games of the new season.

There was a meeting with the FA at the end of the season regarding his sending off at Ilkeston. Despite neither of the match officials hearing him call his own captain a 'lesbo ****', he's received an additional 6-game ban and a fine. It was one of the most bizarre episodes I've witnessed in 35-years of attending football matches. Certainly up there with Ian Walker fighting his own supporter.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I've just go back from the Coalville Q&A with Glyn Rennocks and Adam Stevens. Really worthwhile, and some good insight gained.

One interesting fact for Coalville supporters. Paul White is banned for the first 6 games of the new season.

There was a meeting with the FA at the end of the season regarding his sending off at Ilkeston. Despite neither of the match officials hearing him call his own captain a 'lesbo ****', he's received an additional 6-game ban and a fine. It was one of the most bizarre episodes I've witnessed in 35-years of attending football matches. Certainly up there with Ian Walker fighting his own supporter.

Absolutely ridiculous. Will probably have to bring someone in on a short term loan. 

Anything mentioned about anymore players coming in ?

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Will probably have to bring someone in on a short term loan. 

Anything mentioned about anymore players coming in ?

No, they're quite happy to go with Jake Laban for the start of the season, but it's something that will be monitored during pre-season.

We've agreed terms with another player. No idea on position, but he's currently on holiday and due to sign when he returns.

There's a club in our league interested in one of our contracted players. I'm not sure who. My guess the interested club is Telford or Leamington, and the player in question possibly Luke Shaw, but I'm just speculating.

Interestingly, Telford were in for Wes York and offered him more money, but the chance of bringing his family along to Coalville on match days swayed him.

And yes, the Paul White situation is bloody ludicrous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

No, they're quite happy to go with Jake Laban for the start of the season, but it's something that will be monitored during pre-season.

We've agreed terms with another player. No idea on position, but he's currently on holiday and due to sign when he returns.

There's a club in our league interested in one of our contracted players. I'm not sure who. My guess the interested club is Telford or Leamington, and the player in question possibly Luke Shaw, but I'm just speculating.

Interestingly, Telford were in for Wes York and offered him more money, but the chance of bringing his family along to Coalville on match days swayed him.

And yes, the Paul White situation is bloody ludicrous. 

Didn’t realise Laban had been retained, must of missed it. He’s looked decent when called upon.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Chambers was the player attracting interest.

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Didn’t realise Laban had been retained, must of missed it. He’s looked decent when called upon.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Chambers was the player attracting interest.

The only goal I remember Jake conceding in the two games he played last season was the Max Brogan wonder strike at Hednesford.

I doubt it's Ash, simply because he loves it at Coalville, and I think any sideways move would've been instantly rejected. I think it's one of 4 - Putty, Gooch, Shawey or Doyley.

Apparently, we were also in for Kai Sanchez-Tonge from Coleshill. He lives local, but didn't think he'd get in our first team, so he signed for Rushall.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

1 minute ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The only goal I remember Jake conceding in the two games he played last season was the Max Brogan wonder strike at Hednesford.

I doubt it's Ash, simply because he loves it at Coalville, and I think any sideways move would've been instantly rejected. I think it's one of 4 - Putty, Gooch, Shawey or Doyley.

Are they considering the approach then ?

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Are they considering the approach then ?

It appears the player has been sounded out in terms of the move, and if he wants to leave, the clubs will need to agree a fee. 

Basically, they won't stand in anyone's way that wants to leave.

• Thanks 1