Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Grady Diangana

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not so sure there is only one way to be honest, as many factors come into play

• Players who fit into a system required by the manager (Preferably the DoF is on board or guiding)
  • Improving your first eleven is naturally costly, not something we are great at managing of late it seems
  • Youngsters requires either a loan from EPL or a level of bravery (or perhaps financial flexibility) we currently seem to lack
  • Experience is not a dirty word, we seem to think young is the only fit and it really isn`t, even though if you get it right you rewards are worthwhile

I agree with this, lots of factors to consider. I just think that this guy is not the answer. When we talk about getting it right. Given his injury record, pricetag, current form, and downward trajectory. I'm not sure this would achieve that. 

I completely get your point though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DezFox said:

for me this player for this price only adds to our problems, the fact we are discussing him as depth when we don't currently have anyone tells you everything. 

I wasn't saying he was a good idea one way or the other, just that getting RakSak in doesn't automatically end interest in GD. It's a position we have nobody in currently so bringing in 2 makes sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You try and persuade players to come and sit on our bench , we will have enough dissatisfied players as it is , Souttar , Thomas , JJ etc. Depth for some players means no game time. Maresca is going to have to be good at player management to keep them happy.

...we need those defensive players for the squad!!!

The backup we need will be in attack and midfield. We have to assemble a 25-man squad, we will need them.

On 01/08/2023 at 22:36, Ric Flair said:

Can't be many clubs who have failed to move on players worse than us in recent years except for allowing their contracts to be ran down. 

In fact it is beyond jaw dropping, in the last 5 years, we have managed to get a transfer fee for a fringe player or player we no longer wanted/contract expiring in less than a year only 4 times. FOUR!

Fousseni Diabate - £1.5m

Rachid Ghezzal - £3m

Demarai Gray - £2m

Kasper Schmeichal - £1m

If we want to be really generous then extend it to 6 as we sold Callum Elder to Hull and George Hirst to Ipswich but they weren't even 1st team players.

I'm actually speechless, I didn't realise it was that bad. There's been about triple that leave on free transfers and I think all this gets lost in the round of us having got huge fees for our best players, which has to be commended but also far easier to achieve. Our reputation in that regard is what makes it even more galling of our inability to move other players on and enable that flexibility to keep the conveyor belt going.

Just for context I have looked at rivals to us in terms of wage structure (West Ham and Everton) over the last 5 years and the amount of players they got a fee for that weren't their standout players is 17 SEVENTEEN West Ham (I excluded players I'd never heard of - likely academy players and their main players whom they didnt want to sell - the likes of Rice) and 11 ELEVEN Everton.

Utterly appalling. This is a fundamentally massive problem and it's rearing its head again this summer. Absolute joke.