Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Grady Diangana

22 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

He will also go down in history that he was the bloke that intercepted Kante’s pass 😉 

And the bloke who cost us a Champions League spot for missing an extra time sitter versus Chelsea. 

If getting a deflection off a body part is seen as his finest moment then that speaks volumes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

And the bloke who cost us a Champions League spot for missing an extra time sitter versus Chelsea. 

If getting a deflection off a body part is seen as his finest moment then that speaks volumes.

I'll take the FA Cup win over CL, even if it was off a body part.

Finnegan sums it up perfectly above 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I don’t care about transfer fees tbh. I’d keep praet aswell especially in this league the lad should rip it up. 

That speaks volumes to me.

I care about transfer fees and value for money because without it we'll end up in the Championship. That's a quote from me on this forum about 3-4 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Some people on this forum are deluded.

We are a sinking ship and we need solid signings to stabilise.

Can't tell whether you are for or against this? Diangana is anything but a solid signing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I thought Poku was more a 8/10?

Plays largely as a RW but can play centrally as well. I'm resigned to the RW needing to be one that's equally as comfortable playing centrally, we've not done well recruiting out and out right wingers.

14 minutes ago, nathan. said:

We are a sinking ship and we need solid signings to stabilise.

Thinking below average signings will solve the problems and fill the gaps in the team. 

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Not being funny mate but in your world Tete is a world class winger.

;)

Tete on loan wasn't bad, we probably would have happily bought him but we didn't.

He was crap and we got rid of him and all it costs us was his wages, that's okay business, we should have done the same with Ghezzal.

17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Perez was a terrible buy.

Never improved us and was the worst player in the first XI. 

Then he became a squad player.

The we couldn't sell him.

Then he left for a free.

In what way can anyone describe Perez as a "decent buy"?

I never said a decent buy tbf I said he was a decent player. Personally I wouldn’t of signed him but he was no where near as bad as most of you make out! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Too many "give him a chance" types in our fanbase.

I've seen these signings too many times, poorly rated by the fans of the club that see him play and we cling on to the hope that it will be different here. Ward, Ghezzal, Vestergaard, etc. When was the last time we were really happy to get someone out the door for a good fee, Musa?

This club never learns, sounds like more deadwood to re[lace the deadwood who just left.

Couldn’t agree more with this. The list is pretty long , Perez, vestergard, Bertrand, ghazzel, ward, even stephy feels like a signing like that although I hope I’m wrong. Thank god we never signed Chalobah! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There is that miss against Chelsea but come on pal he wasn’t that bad! 😂

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you're trying to use Tete's 5 month failure in a sinking PL team, despite his career prior to coming to Leicester as a dismissal of my view on Diangana who has 7 Championship goals in 3 seasons then I think you are being funny mate.

In his last 3 seasons in the championship he scored 14 goals, he's scored 7 goals in his last 3 seasons but that includes a season in the PL.

Still don't want to pay £7m for him.

Just now, Sankey93 said:

I never said a decent buy tbf I said he was a decent player. Personally I wouldn’t of signed him but he was no where near as bad as most of you make out! 

VFM he was a terrible buy.

In retrospect he was a terrible buy.

If he had come up through the ranks or came here for a smallish fee then he would have been fine but he is judged on expectation according to his transfer fee.

Maguire gets a lot of shit at Man Utd not because he is terrible but because of his £80m transfer fee, they thought they were buying the new Rio Ferdinand but instead they got a decent PL centre back. If Maguire cost £20m then he wouldn't get all this crap.

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Couldn’t agree more with this. The list is pretty long , Perez, vestergard, Bertrand, ghazzel, ward, even stephy feels like a signing like that although I hope I’m wrong. Thank god we never signed Chalobah! 

What makes you come to that conclusion and so early? What are you expecting us to sign? Players from he RM first 11?t

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Pray to the gods we buy GRADY DIANGANA!!!

Would make for some jolly humorous reading on here that’s for sure. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

In his last 3 seasons in the championship he scored 14 goals, he's scored 7 goals in his last 3 seasons but that includes a season in the PL.

Still don't want to pay £7m for him.

Yes you are right, the 3rd season was in the PL and the 4th was his one and only half decent season in the Championship where he got 8 goals and 7 assists on loan. Injuries have stunted his career. It's far too much of a gamble at that price. On a free or a nominal fee I could tolerate it, but our transfer dealings of recent years is disgusting and decisions like this will continue it.

• Like 1

Interesting that it’s both us and Burnley who have an interest. Two teams now bearing similar philosophies. Certainly not a style you could associate with WBA since they came down (didn’t they have Bruce for a while?). I remember him being the next big thing a few years ago. Maybe both Kompany and Maresca see something that fits. 

• Like 2