Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Grady Diangana

On 28/07/2023 at 16:15, Simmo86 said:

Baggies fans aren’t bothered.

Steer clear 

Some Leicester fans were not bothered about Barnes leaving. :D I have given up using other fans as a bench mark for how good a player is. Unless they rave about him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Thinking about Perez in isolation it’s hard to say he is pound for pound one of our worst ever transfers, but when you think about the opportunity cost of not spending that on a proper winger, it may well have been, if we had selected an actual left footed winger instead that went on to output Barnes-level numbers. 

That said, I still think his defensive contribution was undervalued, and I don’t think it’s total coincidence that we started to fall apart defensively when he was dropped and we had nobody defending from the front. Maddison, Barnes and an aging Vardy do very little in that regard. 

We have tried a number of left footed  wingers , they have all been underwhelming. There appears to be selective amnesia on here about that. Why are they so underwhelming ? because there is  a vanishingly small number who are actually any good. One season wonders are everywhere of course and all over You Tube. Two years down the line they have fallen flat on their faces.

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

There’s a player in there imo. Lad just needs a fresh start with new faces. We will see he’s still a WBA player and only a small rumour so who knows.

Ain’t West Brom absolutely Bob Bint n’all? 5million quid is some cheek. If they want rid and need the cash they can have 2 at an absolute push. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

I actually think he'd be alright. Would want another winger in as well though.

No point getting a winger in for the sake of it! This is the exact reason we are in this mess, overpaying for crocked dross we can never shift. So far this transfer window there has not been transfer where the selling team has thought we have got a good deal, it needs to stop! 

Just now, DezFox said:

No point getting a winger in for the sake of it! This is the exact reason we are in this mess, overpaying for crocked dross we can never shift. So far this transfer window there has not been transfer where the selling team has thought we have got a good deal, it needs to stop! 

I'm not exactly sure I unerstand that but if you're saying what I think you are how do you know what Wolves, Man City, Montpellier thought about the deals?

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

So should you be, do you seriously believe we should be paying anything like that when we're struggling to offload Praet for a similar amount?

I don’t care about transfer fees tbh. I’d keep praet aswell especially in this league the lad should rip it up. 

For that fee we can take a chance on a progressive younger player from an inferior league, what we used to do and what the likes of Brighton and Brentford do and have replaced us as clubs able to keep adding value to their squad.

South America for example would get us a player of vast potential. I wouldn't mind Diangana comes with huge question marks on fitness and ability at this level.hes had one decent season 4 years ago. Every bit as much of a risk as someone like Kwame Poku who's seemingly progressing through the leagues.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

This is how we ended up with Bertrand, Vestergaard and Perez.

When you buy crap without doing your due diligence then you get hit several times.

You get hit with the fee

You can't get rid because the teams that would have them can't afford them

They invariably move on a free

It's why I didn't mind the Soumare signing because he underperformed but we were still offered 80% of what we paid for him last season if not this. What I don't like is signing players that we're the only club in the world who would want and pay that for the player. This club is a joke.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For that fee we can take a chance on a progressive younger player from an inferior league, what we used to do and what the likes of Brighton and Brentford do and have replaced us as clubs able to keep adding value to their squad.

South America for example would get us a player of vast potential. I wouldn't mind Diangana comes with huge question marks on fitness and ability at this level.hes had one decent season 4 years ago. Every bit as much of a risk as someone like Kwame Poku who's seemingly progressing through the leagues.

I thought Poku was more a 8/10?

Edited by Strokes

34 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Bertrand was way past it when he joined!

and vestergaard **** me no words for him.

perez was a decent player for us especially first few years.

Perez was a terrible buy.

Never improved us and was the worst player in the first XI. 

Then he became a squad player.

The we couldn't sell him.

Then he left for a free.

In what way can anyone describe Perez as a "decent buy"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I don’t care about transfer fees tbh. I’d keep praet aswell especially in this league the lad should rip it up. 

Transfer fees don't come directly out of our pocket but paying over inflated prices and salaries has put us in the position we are, it helped lead to relegation and means that we currently can't offload a few players and get in replacements.

If you can't see that ......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Perez was a terrible buy.

Never improved us and was the worst player in the first XI. 

Then he became a squad player.

The we couldn't sell him.

Then he left for a free.

In what way can anyone describe Perez as a "decent buy"?

He helped win us an FA Cup?