Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Grady Diangana

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What makes you come to that conclusion and so early? What are you expecting us to sign? Players from he RM first 11?t

Second eleven. šŸ˜‚
Ā 

Itā€™s only a feeling I have and I have not wrote him off but just fits a similar profile. Has had a few injuries, never settled into a first team spot, not young, raw and unknown. Also we paidĀ a fair bit for someone with one yeah left on contract and we have given him 5 year contract. I think it could be a good signing signing and I am never in the ā€œgive him a chanceā€ camp but I certainly will with him due to his directness and pace. He certainly could Ā be better than most on that list for the club but I canā€™t help to wonder!Ā 

Just now, copunk said:

Foxes talkĀ 

"Why aren't we being linked to wingers and attackers, we are crying out for wingers and attackers"Ā 

Get linked to a wingerĀ 

"Oh FFS"Ā 

šŸ˜‚

ā€œThatā€™s not my winger!ā€ Ā Ā lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Interesting that itā€™s both us and Burnley who have an interest. Two teams now bearing similar philosophies. Certainly not a style you could associate with WBA since they came down (didnā€™t they have Bruce for a while?). I remember him being the next big thing a few years ago. Maybe both Kompany and Maresca see something that fits.Ā 

Interesting point. He was sold for around Ā£18m I think and the West Ham fans were not happy about it. Hasnā€™t worked out for him, but is a decent age and a different style might suit him more. Iā€™ve seen a few comments from West Brom fans saying the same.Ā 
Depends on his wages though.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just for those who struggle to understand the nuances of why we're partly in this mess. You sign a broken player for a transfer fee we never seem to get for our broken players, you pay them a wage far higher than others seem to pay them and then when they've not done very well and we want to move them on we seemingly can't, and get told we have to sell before we can buy. The players we do sell are our best players and we've gone from having 6+ players worth in the tens of millions to now not having any and we're facing a crucial period of rebuilding to try and get back there.

Ā 

If he was a free transfer, which is probably how we'd end up getting him gone to others then I could about understand the risk, even despite our horrific track record on wingers and attackers during both massive success in the last several years and then recent failure.Ā 

Ā 

I prefer us to take risks on players with vast potential that haven't yet lost their way through lack of form or terrible injuries than a player like Diangana. Sure, he's got lots of technical ability but he's light years away from the promise of 2019/20.

Exactly what happens with these kids, they flatter to deceive. Football is littered with unfulfilled promise. For me , at least three years of consistent performance is necessary before you spend the money and then you do due dillegence on them , injuries, lifestyle and attitude . Not to mention work ethic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just for those who struggle to understand the nuances of why we're partly in this mess. You sign a broken player for a transfer fee we never seem to get for our broken players, you pay them a wage far higher than others seem to pay them and then when they've not done very well and we want to move them on we seemingly can't, and get told we have to sell before we can buy. The players we do sell are our best players and we've gone from having 6+ players worth in the tens of millions to now not having any and we're facing a crucial period of rebuilding to try and get back there.

Ā 

If he was a free transfer, which is probably how we'd end up getting him gone to others then I could about understand the risk, even despite our horrific track record on wingers and attackers during both massive success in the last several years and then recent failure.Ā 

Ā 

I prefer us to take risks on players with vast potential that haven't yet lost their way through lack of form or terrible injuries than a player like Diangana. Sure, he's got lots of technical ability but he's light years away from the promise of 2019/20.

Iā€™m guessing the reason we donā€™t get these kind of fees for our broken players, is that we price them too high. Soumare should have been sold last summer for example for decent money when we had the chance.Ā 
Ā 

Pretty sure we could have offloaded others sooner too, like Praet but we were unwilling to lower our valuation and get left with them.Ā 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Iā€™m guessing the reason we donā€™t get these kind of fees for our broken players, is that we price them too high. Soumare should have been sold last summer for example for decent money when we had the chance.Ā 
Ā 

Pretty sure we could have offloaded others sooner too, like Praet but we were unwilling to lower our valuation and get left with them.Ā 

Well if this is 5 million and itā€™s true then West Brom havenā€™t lowered their valuation either!Ā 

7 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Well if this is 5 million and itā€™s true then West Brom havenā€™t lowered their valuation either!Ā 

Their valuation is probably realistic in the first place. Ours obviously wasnā€™t in some situations.Ā 

28 minutes ago, Viva said:

Ā 

Well no. No one wants our dead wood for Ā£5m because we pay them Ā£80k a week and they can't afford to match that....Ā 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ā 

Ā 

Thatā€™s the truth, with some flair on it.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

IMG_4823.gif

Edited by Pliskin

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Ā 

[Perez] enabled Ricardo, in particular, but also Tielemans and Vardy to all do a lot of their best work for us.

Ā 

But he was an absolutely diabolical signing for Ā£30m.

100% agree. His and Ricardo's relationship is a sort of inverse version of Mahrez and Simpson: one enabled the other to be more creative and demonstrate their qualities.

Looked at the West Brom forum and read that there'll be happy for anyone to take him as he's always injured and only plays a hand full of games a season.

They'll love us to pay 5 to 6m for him and think as Barnes has gone and Enzo has was at West Ham when he was there then it could happen if Enzo wants him

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

I wouldnā€™t be overly concerned if we got this guy.
- Heā€™s played a big part in getting West Brom promoted from the Champ in the past few years.

- Maresca knows him from their time at West Ham.Ā 
- Ultimately, heā€™s decent for the level weā€™re at now.Ā 
- Heā€™s a good age, potentially about to peak, youā€™d thinkĀ 

- Heā€™s recently been called up for an international squad

- Heā€™s better than what we currently have on the RHS of attack! šŸ‘€

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Well no. No one wants our dead wood for Ā£5m because we pay them Ā£80k a week and they can't afford to match that....Ā 

We held onto the deadwood for too long. Soumare, Praet, Perez, Soyuncu etc could all have been sold for Ā£5m plus at one point. We were not prepared to take the hit and kept them for too long.Ā 

2 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Id quite literally rather Demarai Gray but even then we now live in a world where heā€™s above us.Ā 

...transfer market has him at 20m euros, you cannot believe it!!!

He is never going to change, he is moving from club to club and still fails to achieve anything. He does not learn anything or apply anything new to his game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

We held onto the deadwood for too long. Soumare, Praet, Perez, Soyuncu etc could all have been sold for Ā£5m plus at one point. We were not prepared to take the hit and kept them for too long.Ā 

Who's gonna buy them? Anyone who's gonna pay Ā£5m for a player generally won't match our wages so more often or not, the player won't want to move to them...

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Who's gonna buy them? Anyone who's gonna pay Ā£5m for a player generally won't match our wages so more often or not, the player won't want to move to them...

We apparently turned down Ā£15m for Soumare last summer. Torino would have paid over Ā£5m for Praet a couple of years ago. Soyuncu could have been sold for Ā£5m plus. According to reports, all three players wanted to leave so were happy with the personal terms.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

We apparently turned down Ā£15m for Soumare last summer. Torino would have paid over Ā£5m for Praet a couple of years ago. Soyuncu could have been sold for Ā£5m plus. According to reports, all three players wanted to leave so were happy with the personal terms.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

"Apparently" and "according to reports" are doing some lifting there.Ā 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

"Apparently" and "according to reports" are doing some lifting there.Ā 

Many outlets reported us turning down the Soumare bid, so Iā€™ll take the apparently out of that sentence then if you like.Ā 
Ā 

With Praet having already played for Torino, itā€™s highly likely the reports on him wanting to move back to them were true too.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

The transfer fee might look ok, but we would be expected to subsidise some of the wages I imagine. Transfers from the Premier League due to riches (and stupidity?) within it are fraught to such costs I imagine.

13 minutes ago, Viva said:

Many outlets reported us turning down the Soumare bid, so Iā€™ll take the apparently out of that sentence then if you like.Ā 
Ā 

With Praet having already played for Torino, itā€™s highly likely the reports on him wanting to move back to them were true too.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

It's not really as simples that though is it? Who would we have played instead of them? How much would their replacement cost? How much would they want? How would the deal be structured in terms of financial years?Ā 

Ā 

They could have offered Ā£2m up front for Soumare with the rest paid over 5 years, we would have had to replace him which would have put stress on our finances and we were already flirting with FFP....

Ā 

I'm not going to pretend I know all about how deals are put together but I know its not as simple as "here's 15m give me him..."

Perez offered more than TetĆ©. Shame he left as heā€™d have been a bloody asset in the Championship.Ā 
Ā 

Diagane ā€¦. Not sure. The early promise he showed seems to have dwindled, however at one time he looked promising. In the Premier League, 6m is a gamble worth taking. Maybe not where we are at though?Ā 
Ā 

Not so sure on this one really.Ā