Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Gazza Leaves Kettering

Paul Gascoigne has left Kettering Town after his departure was confirmed by the club's new owner Imraan Ladak.

The former England and Tottenham favourite only took over at the Conference outfit in October but it has now been confirmed he has left the Rockingham Road outfit.

Whilst not divulging a full explanation as to the reasons behind Gascoigne's decision, Ladak has issued the following statement.

"Following discussions this weekend, it has been decided that Paul Gascoigne is unable to carry out his duties as manager of Kettering Town Football Club,'' Ladak told the club's official website.

"With Paul's status within the football world, it is impossible to expect anything but intense media speculation surrounding his departure.

"However the priority for Kettering Town is the stability of the team and so my immediate priority is to appoint a new manager, rather than discuss the reasons for Paul's departure."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...EAVES+KETTERING

Well, that didn't last long...

He never sticks at anything. His health problems are well publicised though so might be something to do with that. They did an interview with him on Central News when he joined them and when asked if he was going to stick with Kettering he laughed and said 'yes, of course' :ermm:

I did warn the Kettering lad when he came on all starry eyed.

How long will Gazza continue to trade on what happened years ago?.

Football is like that - forever providing a job for the boys against all logic.

What has Gascoigne EVER achieved in management above the mediocre?.

In what way is he qualified to manage?

He might have skills as a coach, I don't know, but coaching is not the same as managing by any means.

He needs to sort himself out before he tries to sort others,

I don't think many managers would stick around if they had the chairman buying players and trying to pick and train the team.

Gazza does want to stay, and that's why he's trying to buy the club.

Ladak's a willy puller.

Then again...

OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO COMENTS BY PAUL GASCOIGNE

05/12/2005

Statement by Imraan Ladak

"Last night I spoke to Paul Gascoigne who told me "I will save you the pleasure of sacking me. I will walk away. I quit".

Last nights conversation was a result of thirty seven seperate incidents I have had to deal with since the appointment of Paul Gascoigne as Manager.

I find myself in a position where I feel it would be detrimental to the football club to list all these incidents, but following a statement which has been posted on Paul Gascoigne's official website, I also have a duty to myself, the football club and it's supporters to respond to Paul's comments.

Unfortuntately Paul Gascoigne has been under the influence of alcohol before, during and after several first team games and training sessions. This has been noticeable to the board of Directors, players, coaching staff and sections of the media. A referee and fourth official have also filed a report with the FA.

I have tried to help Paul through this difficult period but gave an undertaking to the board prior to my takeover that if Paul hit the bottle I would remove him as manager.

Paul has not reacted well to the news and has made numerous threats that if I do not sell him the club he will use his name and the media to turn the players and supporters against me. This has already begun with Paul calling a number of the first team last night, under the influence of alcohol. Paul even told players not to report for training at MK Dons where they were due to commence full-time training.

I have not interfered with team selection or player purchases and departures but have been disappointed with the way two players in particular have been treated by Paul.

I also made clear that I felt Paul had turned a winning team into a confused and unsettled one by playing players out of position and being drunk on the team bus and in the dressing room for his team talks.

Paul has made a number of allegations which are unfounded and libellous but all I want is for Paul to seek professional medical assistance for his addictions and to stop taking his frustration out by trying to unsettle this club further.

I would also like to make clear that I told Paul I would not bring any of this into the public domain unless I was forced to do so.

Paul is not a shareholder or Director of Kettering Town Football Club and I have the unanimous support of the Board of Directors in the action that I have taken.

I would like to pay tribute to the players of Kettering Town who have continued to show the utmost professionalism during the last six weeks and hope they can continue to maintain this over what is clearly going to be a difficult period for this club.

I can also confirm that I have turned down Paul's offer to purchase the club.

Once the media hype dies down we will be left with the same supporters and manager which were here before myself and Paul arrived, with a similar playing squad and exactly the same ambitions as stated two months ago.

Paul was my childhood idol and when sober is a wonderful person. Last night was genuinely the most difficult decision I have had to make, but my head won the battle with my heart. I am shocked and bitterly disappointed by Paul's reaction.

However my responsibility is foremost to Kettering Town Football Club and not Paul Gascoigne.

I dunno who to believe :(

Least Wilson's back though, he was doing a good job before being sacked for Gazza.

Believe Ladak. Gazza is a joke these days. He's relapsed in to alcoholism and therefore clearly isn't fit for the post.

Dont know how true that is but I really hope he doesnt go the same way as George Best :(

Ladak also said that he hadn't interfered in transfer dealings...

He did, cos Gazza kicked up a fuss about 2 weeks ago in our local paper about it. Ladak even apologised then, so i'm not quite sure why he's denying it now :huh::blink:

Archived