Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Phones

53 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Being an ex professional photographer for 30 years the camera is very important on my mobile. 

I currently have a Huawei P30 Pro.. But it's coming to the end of its life. 

Anyone on here own the Xiaomi P30 ultra? 

Google DXO Mark. Probably the gold standard for assessing camera performance on a smart phone. Head to the site and you can either view their ongoing ranking system to see the best performers and how this phone compares or just google the model.

Just bear in mind though that unless you're spending big bucks there's often a trade off, i.e. The Google Pixel phones are widely regarded as some of the best camera's on the market but to get them within a reasonable budget their phones often use slower processors and compromise on size and screen quality compared to the likes of Xiaomi, Honor, Sony, etc.

Also as I'm sure you'll be aware from your photography experience, do some research into the lenses being used. Often some of the lower pixel lenses perform a lot better than higher ones found on many phones. Ultimately it all comes down to personal preference I guess so check lots of reviews before diving in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

My daughter has just bought the iPhone 14 - camera is amazing.  So much better than my iPhone 12.

Sorry, that doesn't answer your question at all.

Also just seen the final question on the OPs post lol

Sorry @weller54, I don't have that phone! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Decent camera I know.. But operating system poor I hear? 

it is a standard Android one and never had any issues and really handy it just links all your google stuff together. I moved from a Huawei for the exact same reason and it took me about an hour to get used to the new layout. They are similar. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

it is a standard Android one and never had any issues and really handy it just links all your google stuff together. I moved from a Huawei for the exact same reason and it took me about an hour to get used to the new layout. They are similar. 

No back button? 

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Being an ex professional photographer for 30 years the camera is very important on my mobile. 

no

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Don't want an iPhone.. 

Needs to be Android. 

Huawei P60 Pro would have been my choice if it had Google apps. 

As everyone else is being helpful I thought I'd chip in too.

I have an iphone and I like it.

Hope that helps.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Don't have personal experience with the phone you've mentioned, I do know the one plus' generally have pretty great cameras. 

I use the 8 pro from a few years back and it produces some great pictures. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't have personal experience with the phone you've mentioned, I do know the one plus' generally have pretty great cameras. 

I use the 8 pro from a few years back and it produces some great pictures. 

Yes.. They use Hasselblad as a camera optics partner... I used a Hasselblad camera for many years for my professional work, so I have looked at that option too. 

Thanks.