Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

New CB

Just now, Scotch said:

If VK goes, we will need a LB suited to our system

Cover for Ricardo is more of a concern for me. JJ can cover Doyle role, but I’m not sure anyone can cover Ricardo and he is fairly injury prone…. That is an absolutely key position. 

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Cover for Ricardo is more of a concern for me. JJ can cover Doyle role, but I’m not sure anyone can cover Ricardo and he is fairly injury prone…. That is an absolutely key position. 

Enzo said yesterday about JJ being cover for Ricardo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

...not to mention, he came on for him today.

10 hours ago, Scotch said:

...not to mention, he came on for him today.

He didn’t come on for him, and I don’t think JJ is the right type of player to do what Ricardo does. He isn’t that technical, not suited to receiving the ball in tight spaces and using guile and technique to twist away from players and pick a pass… he is a marauding full back that can cover CB and has good recovery pace (something we could really use imo). Don’t think he’d be very good as a pivot, personally. 

I can only really see him playing one of the outside CB roles, probably on the left. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He did come on for him, but I don’t think JJ is the right type of player to do what Ricardo does. He isn’t that technical, not suited to receiving the ball in tight spaces and using guile and technique to twist away from players and pick a pass… he is a marauding full back that can cover CB and has good recovery pace (something we could really use imo). Don’t think he’d be very good as a pivot, personally. 

I can only really see him playing one of the outside CB roles, probably on the left. 

I wouldn't say I disagree with you but like I said, Enzo has said he reckons it's something that can be developed and I imagine that's the plan for him. 

Similarly with him saying Hamza is backup to the Winks role and VK is backup to the Doyle one (for as long as he's here l, at least).

36 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Based on friendlies and the match vs. Burton, think Choudhury is seen as backup to Ricardo, or Doyle if necessary, along with Justin. I remember reading when Choudhury played at CB that some people at the club thought a natural position for him was RB. 

He has said that Hamza will cover the Winks role. 

35 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He has said that Hamza will cover the Winks role. 

Yep, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t cover that position as well, especially as he played as an inverted full back vs. Burton. 

I think they’ll be hoping that Braybrooke comes back well and he’ll be cover for Winks. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1