Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

New CB

Surely Ronnie Edwards, I mean it's that obvious with common sense its literally being handed on a plate to Rudkin with a spoon being fed down the slimy fvckers throat.

He won't though will he lol

Edited by EastAnglianFox

I don’t like ‘oh we have an injury during a transfer window let’s sign someone mentality’. His options aren’t perfect but everything has an opportunity cost and we still need options further up the pitch

The system dictates that really he has Faes, Doyle, Vestergaard, Kristiansen, Souttar and Justin available to him until what seems like the second international break. It’s not ideal but if it was September 2nd and he was out for a couple of months, we’d be sucking it up.

• Like 1

What's the context, we need another CB just for Coady cover or we need another CB because 1 or more from Vestergaard, Faes & Souttar are leaving as well as having Coady injured?

Need to answer that question before you can make a call on who we can get in & how much to spend.

• Like 1

Just now, BKLFox said:

What's the context, we need another CB just for Coady cover or we need another CB because 1 or more from Vestergaard, Faes & Souttar are leaving as well as having Coady injured?

Need to answer that question before you can make a call on who we can get in & how much to spend.

I think in terms of what we have to spend, the money is ear marked to come from the sale of Castagne

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I don’t like ‘oh we have an injury during a transfer window let’s sign someone mentality’. His options aren’t perfect but everything has an opportunity cost and we still need options further up the pitch

The system dictates that really he has Faes, Doyle, Vestergaard, Kristiansen, Souttar and Justin available to him until what seems like the second international break. It’s not ideal but if it was September 2nd and he was out for a couple of months, we’d be sucking it up.

it’s a bit more than just that though isn’t it… Faes wants out, Souttar clearly isn’t fancied  that leaves us with just Doyle and and Vesty as our full CBs. Any team would want another CB and we can’t be knocking on the door of then prem relying on people covering when we don’t know the length of the injury… even if just Faes was wanting out and we didn’t have an injury we should be looking to get another CB in anyway..

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

Said after the Cov game that Enzo will want another CB after that showing.

Looked so vulnerable.

And preferably someone that's mobile and faster than a snail

• Like 1

If we really back ourselves for promotion we should be taking advantage of the fact we can get cheaper deals than we will next year.

A few players at 10-15 could be solid in the long run. I think we will regret not paying for doyle tbh, there’s only one way his transfer fee is going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If he’s talking about signing a CB then it means at leas one is leaving 

you don’t sign a CB because an existing one has an injury 

Which is fine. Numbers wise we have enough but clearly none of us want to see Vestergaard again and Souttar seems out of favour with Maresca. So yeah it’s about getting one of them replaced rather than adding another in numbers.