Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

New CB

Guest Sideshow Faes
39 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

from the games ive seen him play hes always looked comfortable on the ball and reads the game pretty well too, hes quick but not eating jet fuel quick

he'd certainly be a decent addition, more so than THB , probably wouldnt cost as much as him either

I haven't seen much of thb either - actually probably none tbh - what makes him a wise option than Edwards in your opinion?

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I haven't seen much of thb either - actually probably none tbh - what makes him a wise option than Edwards in your opinion?

probably the fact there wont be a buy back unlike THB and hed be cheaper than him too,

but Edwards hasnt had much Championship experience compared to THB,

so its a tough call between them 2 imo, 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

probably the fact there wont be a buy back unlike THB and hed be cheaper than him too,

but Edwards hasnt had much Championship experience compared to THB,

so its a tough call between them 2 imo, 

Cheers, the experience bit it's what worries me about him which is why was wondering what those that've seen him make of him

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

All three would cost at least 8m-15m I doubt that we would splash that amount of money unless we get money from player sales, I think the incoming CB will be a free agent.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Castagne money instantly gets reinvested in a centre back.

3 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

from the games ive seen him play hes always looked comfortable on the ball and reads the game pretty well too, hes quick but not eating jet fuel quick

he'd certainly be a decent addition, more so than THB , probably wouldnt cost as much as him either

THB would definitely be better than Edwards, much more solid defensively and has a body type more ready for men’s football. 

Edwards is a real talent, very talented on the ball but can easily get bullied and is poor in the air. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Guys, before someone can be captain and be listened to, they need to earn the respect of others. Cody may well have the attributes, but he has not earned anyone’s respect simply by showing up. It would have the reverse effect if he is thrown in there to act as captain without having done anything for the Foxes. It is not like he is someone like Ronaldo either who has done extraordinary things outside of the club that others will respect. No disrespect, but Cody played for Wolves and he was out of favour. Cody is no Henderson. He is clearly not ready to be made captain here. Yes it is different, but look at what happened to Macguire at Man U - made captain as soon as he arrived without proving himself. The fact that the manager is even mentioning Cody worries me about the manager’s own lack of experience.

Vardy has been here for a very long time, helped us win the PL, showed loyalty and is still here despite being relegated. That in itself is half way towards being a successful captain (show by action), and it is especially important for us this season after being relegated (to show that we need to stick together and stay to fight to compensate for the bad showing last season). Ricardo has been here for a while now as well. Both internationals. Neither of them have had the chance to be captain so it is hard to conclude what you said. Plus, whether they are good leaders or not, they would have more respect amongst team members. Why would Vardy, Ndidi, Winks etc listen to Cody?

Coady is the new captain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Then does he make more sense as one of the new fullback types?

If you are referring to the Doyle and Faes role then definitely, Edwards has a lot of similarities to Faes for me. Where as THB can play in any of the 3 defensive roles to a very good standard and is better defensively as a whole. 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has already posted this but Peterboro sound keen to do a deal with someone, bizarre article.

"You should have seen him against Leicester when he didn’t make a mistake or give the ball away against some top players.

"He’s now far too good for us and I don’t believe he will still be with us when the season starts as he is made for some of the teams in the Premier League.

“This is not me making an advert for him, but clubs need to be serious and do the right deal.”

Ronnie Edwards is still at Peterborough United? What an absolute joke! | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

1 hour ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Not sure if anyone has already posted this but Peterboro sound keen to do a deal with someone, bizarre article.

"You should have seen him against Leicester when he didn’t make a mistake or give the ball away against some top players.

"He’s now far too good for us and I don’t believe he will still be with us when the season starts as he is made for some of the teams in the Premier League.

“This is not me making an advert for him, but clubs need to be serious and do the right deal.”

Ronnie Edwards is still at Peterborough United? What an absolute joke! | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

maybe that pre-season game against them was a tactic to see him in person or something:ph34r:

Zak Vyner. That is all.

Has turned into a Rolls Royce of a footballer over the last year or so.

He's the identikit of the type of CB that Enzo would want for his system, and is in the last year of his contract and as yet isn't signing the new contract that is on the table. 

100% needed- we definitely need to move on one or both left backs though - unfortunately for both of them enzos formation doesn’t play any left back and neither Thomas or Kristenson can play left side centre half - we only have justin for cover at Cb until coady is fit - need 1 more for sure - faes , coady , Doyle , vesty, justin  and 1 more is plenty to cover across the back with Ricardo in that hybrid 

On 13/08/2023 at 16:19, FrankieADZ said:

Are you saying Edwards is better than Harwood-Bellis here?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...