Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sheffield Wednesday (a) tickets

39 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Why only 2,400 when the upper tier of the West Stand (Leppings Lane) holds up to 3,700 away supporters?

I believe like some others, that’s an initial allocation and if filled they can be given more. I think they would rather have all fans grouped together than spaced out.. 

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

2,400 seems a small allocation for sheff Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

Why only 2,400 when the upper tier of the West Stand (Leppings Lane) holds up to 3,700 away supporters?

Probably because of kick off time and the fact it's midweek. Not sure if this is an initial allocation, but if it was Saturday 3pm then I have no doubt we'd have taken the whole upper tier.

Can't quite get my head around this but...

This morning when the sales opened there were swathes of greyed out seats, unavailable for sale. Plus the two end small blocks not open for sale.

The blue available seats amounted to the 2,400 that are available/advertised for sale.

So, overall, with the greyed out seats included, minus blocks WU1 and WU7 which probably will be left empty, we will have close to 3,000.

I'd welcome an explanation as to why there are large amounts of greyed out seats in defined blocks.

wu2.PNG

wu5.PNG

wu6.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

Can't quite get my head around this but...

This morning when the sales opened there were swathes of greyed out seats, unavailable for sale. Plus the two end small blocks not open for sale.

The blue available seats amounted to the 2,400 that are available/advertised for sale.

So, overall, with the greyed out seats included, minus blocks WU1 and WU7 which probably will be left empty, we will have close to 3,000.

I'd welcome an explanation as to why there are large amounts of greyed out seats in defined blocks.

wu2.PNG

wu5.PNG

wu6.PNG

I did notice that myself. I was a bit confused with which seats had gone and which were left.

2 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Are some of the seats greyed out behind the pillars they have there? Hoping mine at the end of row 11 will be ok 

Ah, you could well be right. That would make sense of the ‘patterns’,
though usually they’d be offered as ‘restricted view’. 
Could mean big gaps between our fans.

Edited by Permafrost

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64943981#

The capacity of the stand is reduced - it was after Newcastle cup game there last season. 

However, Sheffield City Council confirmed to Newcastle that as a result of the review, the Upper West Stand capacity has been reduced from 3,200 to 2,400 and the Lower West Stand capacity from 1,500 to 1,300.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64943981#

The capacity of the stand is reduced - it was after Newcastle cup game there last season. 

However, Sheffield City Council confirmed to Newcastle that as a result of the review, the Upper West Stand capacity has been reduced from 3,200 to 2,400 and the Lower West Stand capacity from 1,500 to 1,300.

Other clubs have had more than 3k tickets this season though, although maybe that was spread across both tiers?