Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Doctor Who

Really enjoyed The Toymaker. Little bit irked by the way he was defeated but was fantastically terrifying for most of the episode.

Given the Doctor has 2 hearts, I thought they could have spinned the bi-regeneration thing a bit better to split a part of him out rather than essentially becoming a clone of himself.

Leaves a few plotholes particularly with Jodie's Doctor. Would he/she have been happier with Yaz rather than Donna?

Also isn't there also David Tennant's Meta-Crisis Doctor with Rose Tyler somewhere in the universe? (Whatever happened to that storyline?!)

Either way I'm pretty sure David Tennant WILL return at some stage, hence the open ending. Would love to see Matt Smith again in some form too but not sure where this ending would leave that. Where there's a will, RTD can make anything happen

Let's see what happens in the Christmas episode though. Millie Gibson was great on Coronation Street and will be a good addition imo

Edited by HybridFox

• 2 weeks later...

A good episode. As long as the scripts are great then I think Ncuti and Millie have a lot to offer going forward with future episodes. They both have the ability and time to grow and develop into the roles.the feedback I've seen on Facebook suggests everyone enjoyed the episode. Maybe this is the rejuvenation the show needed!. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

A good episode. As long as the scripts are great then I think Ncuti and Millie have a lot to offer going forward with future episodes. They both have the ability and time to grow and develop into the roles.the feedback I've seen on Facebook suggests everyone enjoyed the episode. Maybe this is the rejuvenation the show needed!. 

Rejuvenation is a good word for it. The whole episode felt fresh.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 03:01, HybridFox said:

Really enjoyed The Toymaker. Little bit irked by the way he was defeated but was fantastically terrifying for most of the episode.

Given the Doctor has 2 hearts, I thought they could have spinned the bi-regeneration thing a bit better to split a part of him out rather than essentially becoming a clone of himself.

Leaves a few plotholes particularly with Jodie's Doctor. Would he/she have been happier with Yaz rather than Donna?

Also isn't there also David Tennant's Meta-Crisis Doctor with Rose Tyler somewhere in the universe? (Whatever happened to that storyline?!)

Either way I'm pretty sure David Tennant WILL return at some stage, hence the open ending. Would love to see Matt Smith again in some form too but not sure where this ending would leave that. Where there's a will, RTD can make anything happen

Let's see what happens in the Christmas episode though. Millie Gibson was great on Coronation Street and will be a good addition imo

I somehow feel Matt Smith has moved on from doctor who. Whenever asked at events if hed ever return he seems to just laugh and be like "i might come back as a villain" i think cause hes reached Hollywood he thinks he doesnt need this show. He got what wanted from it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I somehow feel Matt Smith has moved on from doctor who. Whenever asked at events if hed ever return he seems to just laugh and be like "i might come back as a villain" i think cause hes reached Hollywood he thinks he doesnt need this show. He got what wanted from it. 

I don’t get the impression he sees himself as above Doctor Who. He’s got that Netflix/GoT/Marvel money, and is surely very in demand. He wouldn’t do the various conventions if he didn’t like meeting fans and being associated with the show. I’m sure he’s said before he regretted leaving when he did and wished to have stayed on another year.

I also read somewhere that he’d never seen the show before being cast, and ended up getting so into it he was writing fanfic? lol

I think his stance just firmly in the middle of Tennant’s (would return at the drop of a hat), and Capaldi’s (feels his character arc is complete and returning would take away from it). He’s keeping the door open for one day, but there’s no need for him to come back to a franchise that would have him any time with open arms when right now he’s a genuine big name.

This is all my imagination. I’ve got no clue how he really feels of course. He played a brilliant Doctor though. Hands down my favourite.

• 1 month later...

So...I grew up with Doctor Who. My dad got me into it, although I remember the books as much as the actual show. 

With the release of the specials on Disney, I got back into it.

There was a change in my cable package and sometime during the 10th Doctor, I'd lost track of the show and always meant to get back to it, but I hadn't til now.

On the 11th Doctor now and although it took me a bit to liking him, he's brilliant.

Can't believe it's took me this long to return to it.

• Like 1