Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Doctor Who

23 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Enjoyed that episode. But hasn't the series overdone the "attack on London" scenario a few too many times now? I realise doing stuff in Rio or Bejing may be a shade too expensive, but plenty of other towns/cities that could be used, in Britain or Europe.

attack on Hull isn't going to have the same ring. firstly nobody will care and secondly it will improve the gaff.

delete Hull for Leicester or any nondescript UK city

• Haha 3

I think with disney on board now will see alot more on location filming. We might see some episodes filmed states side... dont rule out in years a future Doctor being American. Whoopi Goldberg claimed she contacted the BBC number of times in interest to play the Doctor.

However if there was to be an American doctor i reckon Jim Parsons would likely be the first.

Edited by Leicesterpool

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think with disney on board now will see alot more on location filming. We might see some episodes filmed states side... dont rule out in years a future Doctor being American. Whoopi Goldberg claimed she contacted the BBC number of times in interest to play the Doctor.

However if there was to be an American doctor i reckon Jim Parsons would likely be the first.

Whoopi would have made a good Doctor Who. I wonder if she was seen as too expensive, being a Hollywood actor?

Another good one would have been Christopher Lloyd, but again probably beyond the budget.

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Whoopi would have made a good Doctor Who. I wonder if she was seen as too expensive, being a Hollywood actor?

Another good one would have been Christopher Lloyd, but again probably beyond the budget.

I think in the past it was money i think she wanted loads and probably percentage of merchandise sold. I think some directors and writers get cagey getting someone too famous as i think the fear the actors want to much control and demands. As we seen with Eccleston in the first series. Things will change with Disney who may want to raise the stakes. If it doesn't work with new actor they will want a change. Christopher Lloyd would have been the dream doctor but age wise... im actually certain the next doctor will be American. Too appeal more to their audience... especially when all the actors to date have all been british.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think in the past it was money i think she wanted loads and probably percentage of merchandise sold. I think some directors and writers get cagey getting someone too famous as i think the fear the actors want to much control and demands. As we seen with Eccleston in the first series. Things will change with Disney who may want to raise the stakes. If it doesn't work with new actor they will want a change. Christopher Lloyd would have been the dream doctor but age wise... im actually certain the next doctor will be American. Too appeal more to their audience... especially when all the actors to date have all been british.

Actually, retaining the quintessential Englishness of the character, though not directly relatable would nonetheless still be very effectively marketed. It is afterall a country full of Anglophiles and a weird fascination/fixation with the English accent (even though they don't understand the regional nuances and think that we all speak either received pronunciation or Dick Van Dyke mockney). 

It never did Bond any harm in the US. 

• Like 1

A good episode with having just The Doctor and Donna Noble in it apart from the start when they had Isaac Newton who was played by a black actor( more wokeness). If a white actor was playing a black historical figure there would be uproar. I wish shows wouldn't try to rewrite history and to portray historical figures accurately. It's this type of wokeness that gets peoples backs up.

• Like 1

There was no need for the jarring start to this weeks episode.  Where exactly did it fit in?  It wasn't funny.  Was it meant to be funny?  Last week's episode was funny.

I didn't like it this week, it felt like a filler episode with not a lot going for it.  The cgi was laughable in places too.  

We've had edge of universe stuff in other sci-fi elsewhere and it's been done far better than what we've seen tonight.

Next week's episode looks decent though, fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

And Tennant.

Yes, but unlike the other two, he didn't play the part with a Scottish accent. 

Thinking about it, I mentioned the Englishness of Bond, completely overlooking Connery. Although Irish, Peers Brosnan did play the part with a English accent just as Tennant did for Dr.Who. 

Edited by SpacedX

20 hours ago, Dunge said:

I liked this week’s episode. Felt properly creepy. They didn’t need to try to explain the monsters’ reasoning and the Isaac Newton bit felt unnecessary, but it kept me hooked.

The Donna switch at the end was pretty chilling. Surprised more wasn't made of it in the episode by the OG Donna given the Doctor nearly got it wrong!

Edited by HybridFox

On 02/12/2023 at 21:49, foxy boxing said:

A good episode with having just The Doctor and Donna Noble in it apart from the start when they had Isaac Newton who was played by a black actor( more wokeness). If a white actor was playing a black historical figure there would be uproar. I wish shows wouldn't try to rewrite history and to portray historical figures accurately. It's this type of wokeness that gets peoples backs up.

Ticking boxes, BBC are taking diversity to the next level... but theres a difference of being equal and fair than just doing things for the sake of it. If your casting someone has the best person for the job thats fine by me but if your just casting by the colour of someones skin to make your channel look good... then i think doing that could be equally racist.

• Like 1

BI - Regeneration. So we get Ncuti's doctor as well as keeping David Tennant's doctor! So does that mean we will see Tennant in future episodes!. First of all it was a great episode with Neil Patrick Harris who was absolutely Awe (wait for it!) some as the toymaker. Personally think it was the best of the three specials. Personally don't know how I feel about the Bi - regeneration as its breaking with the mould and redefining the lore of what doctor who was about. Obviously it's a balancing act with respecting what doctor who is about with the fact you have to keep reinventing and revigerating the show to not only keep the audience that are fans and have grown up watching the show but to also to appeal to younger and newer audiences which is obviously extremely tough.

21 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

BI - Regeneration. So we get Ncuti's doctor as well as keeping David Tennant's doctor! So does that mean we will see Tennant in future episodes!. First of all it was a great episode with Neil Patrick Harris who was absolutely Awe (wait for it!) some as the toymaker. Personally think it was the best of the three specials. Personally don't know how I feel about the Bi - regeneration as its breaking with the mould and redefining the lore of what doctor who was about. Obviously it's a balancing act with respecting what doctor who is about with the fact you have to keep reinventing and revigerating the show to not only keep the audience that are fans and have grown up watching the show but to also to appeal to younger and newer audiences which is obviously extremely tough.

Means they will spin off series for Tennant to come, which is possible good and bad for the show. Good as the viewing figures for Tennant will go up, while there's a risk more will watch him than the new current Doctor. By the way has a quit the show yet lol just seems soon as they sign up to the series they seem eager to jump ship... using the show as a stepping stone.

Not Dr Who but another BBC franchise that might really do well if remade today with a budget and as a true horror rather than anything campy,.....Quatermass.

Four stories and apparently X the Unknown might have been a fifth but the main character was changed to a different professor.

A review of the first story which has been two series and one movie.

What is happening, can I get jodie back please this is totally stupid… the flux was beautiful and shown how good jodie can be but now going backwards with this nonsense… this bi-generation doesn’t work for me, that means they aren’t confident with Gatwu! it means if this doesn’t work we bring back Tennant again lmao 🤣 stupid … plus is RTD with it lol male presenting doctor doesn’t have a clue, so if you are a trans man you are stupid. Elliot Paige be careful around this guy lmao… chibnall come back please this is too much rubbish. I have never seen someone be so degenerate and have a chip on the shoulder to be honest, get loose RTD 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Annoyed I am, but I did enjoy the show to be honest.. just need less agenda pushing, they are acting like we are dumb and need to be educated. Anyway the bi generation will work just because RTD is a great show runner… people are just fed up with it all to be honest though, we are treated like little kids 

Edited by foxes_rule1978