Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Rookie Mistakes

Inspired by my own stupidity this evening.

I put the oven on  at 200 deg to cook a steak pie.

I didn't have my specs on and it wasn't until the smoke alarms went off that I realised I'd put the grill on instead of the oven.

Hence one very burnt, almost alight pie crust, and dinner in the bin.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

Inspired by my own stupidity this evening.

I put the oven on  at 200 deg to cook a steak pie.

I didn't have my specs on and it wasn't until the smoke alarms went off that I realised I'd put the grill on instead of the oven.

Hence one very burnt, almost alight pie crust, and dinner in the bin.

Once put a flatbread in the oven in my student house. Everyone else had already moved out, so just me. Went back upstairs to my room and promptly forgot all about it for the next 4 hours...

Cue one slightly overdone flatbread (wouldn't have looked out of place in Pompeii), a very smoky kitchen and me desperately trying to air out the house so we'd get our deposit back when I handed the keys in a couple days later lol

Plenty more like that in the years since...

About 20 years ago we went to Spain with the then girlfriends family.  We had hired cars for the trip and dropped it to the car park at the airport to fly home.  We had our baby with us and getting everything out and ready to go was stressful and he was having the usual tantrum.  I put my passport and wallet down briefly on the top of the car and got him into the pram ready to go and then we went into the airrport to check in.  When we got to check in I had that gut wrenching pannick when you realise you have messed up.  I had forgot my wallet and passport and left them on the roof of the car.

Cue me running as quick as I could in blind pannick back to the car to see if my stuff was still there. And it was, still on the roof whare I had left them.  The wallet had around £50 worth of Euros in and had been untouched.  Incredibly lucky.

A few years back a mate and I went for a wine tasting road trip in the Loire Valley.  We had stayed in a nice hotel in Sancerre and were on our way to Nantes when my wife phoned to say that she had had a call from a French lady to say (cue best ‘Allo ‘Allo accent) - ”Your husband has left ‘is passport in my bedroom”.

What really pìssed me off is that at no time did she think I had been up to no good.

Years ago I posted a cheque to someone. Only I forgot to put a stamp on, so they paid the postage on the Royal Mail card to ensure it was delivered. When they finally got the letter they opened it only to find it contained my unsigned cheque. 

• Haha 4

When I first qualified for A&E ambulance work my colleague and I took a patient into the department on a the stretcher. We then decided to go for a brew in the hospital café so we left the stretcher in the corridor and off we went.

It wasn't until we got to our next call that we realised we had left the stretcher back at A&E. :facepalm:

Fortunately the patient was able to walk on and sit in the one seat in the back of the ambulance. When we opened the doors to let him on, he remarked, "ooh there's a lot of room in here". 

• Haha 1